A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: solomon stitch capelet  (Read 1105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

joybilee

Gimme all your yarn & nobody gets hurt!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2009 11:30:16 PM »

i finally tried my hand at the solomon stitch.  it turned out ok.  i used a ribbon style yarn, & the draw string is just a black chain.  i only have my web cam, so hard to get pics of this, but here is a pic of it on my cardboard display lady, Lydia, curtesy of someone's camera phone.

here's a close-up showing the stitch & the yarn:

i also crocheted the headband on her.  it is white acrylic with a flower made from the same ribbon yarn as the capelet.  the necklace was crocheted with bamboo thread & has large, flat shell beads worked into it.

hope you like it. Smiley wish i had better pics of it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009 11:42:44 PM by joybilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009 01:18:21 AM »

at first sight I was thinking there was some papercrafting involved Cheesy
wrong Cheesy
I love the thinness of the capalet, it looks so elegant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009 04:00:24 PM »

thanks!  hehe, the paper is just my model Wink

i was really plsed with it over all, especially when the young lady who bought it tried it on.  it looked wonderful on her.  i had made it a month of so ago, but didn't have a way to display it very well.   last week i made lydia & it sold. Cheesy  i knew ppl just needed to see it.  after it sold, ppl kept coming by & asking if someone had already bought it.  i guess that means i need to make more. Grin

i wish the knots were neater.  i poured over several tutorials & just couldn't get it to come out better.  i'm going to try it in reg yarn next time & see if that helps.  i would love some tips if anyone has any idea at how to neaten up my solomon's stitch.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chutzpaw
ravelry and etsy id: KellyRenee77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009 05:36:49 PM »

It looks great in ribbon!  Great idea!  That's such a pretty stitch, but I haven't tried it yet because it looks hard.  Yours looks wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009 05:42:22 PM »

it took a little work trying to sort it out, but it wasn't difficult.  though as i said i used quite a few online tuts & would like to get my knots a bit neater.  i had wanted to try it for a couple of years before i did.  this has been the year i have finally starting learning some new stitches. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009 11:45:56 AM »

the capelet is so pretty! It looks like it would be beautiful over a white tank top or shirt or even black. Something to accept an outfit for sure. I also really like the necklace though I do not think I would personally wear them together. for me there is such a thing as too much crochet. lol
I also like your cardboard model. What a clever way to display things! did you make her yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009 12:11:52 PM »

the capelet is so pretty! It looks like it would be beautiful over a white tank top or shirt or even black. Something to accept an outfit for sure. I also really like the necklace though I do not think I would personally wear them together. for me there is such a thing as too much crochet. lol
I also like your cardboard model. What a clever way to display things! did you make her yourself?

thanks Smiley  i wore a white tank with it when i took the first pics of it, with me modeling.  but i won't show those because i had to use my webcam & being very chesty by nature, i look even more-so in the pics because of the way i had to hold the cam, lol. Lips sealed  plus, it was made for someone smaller than me.

yeah, the necklace was just up there for display.  i didn't have anything better than would fit over the display's big nose & hair flip Roll Eyes  they don't really go together, lol.  just two pieces i wanted ppl to see, & the necklace had a clasp.  the necklace was actually much longer & i had to pull it back on the display so you could see it for the capelet.  but i agree about watching how much crochet you wear at one time. funnily enough, the capelet & necklace both sold to a couple of young ladies shopping together. Smiley

yes, i did make the display myself.  here is a post about her & the other displays i made: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317620.0.  nothing fancy by any means, but effective! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katie Holmes Sports Tight Leather Pants
Three New Ways to Wear Stripes During the Summer
Kate Moss Sports a Bohemian-Style Outfit in St.-Tropez
Tips for Finding the Perfect Swimsuit Fit
Three Ways to Nail the Peplum Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...