A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: solomon stitch capelet  (Read 1236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

joybilee

Gimme all your yarn & nobody gets hurt!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2009 11:30:16 PM »

i finally tried my hand at the solomon stitch.  it turned out ok.  i used a ribbon style yarn, & the draw string is just a black chain.  i only have my web cam, so hard to get pics of this, but here is a pic of it on my cardboard display lady, Lydia, curtesy of someone's camera phone.

here's a close-up showing the stitch & the yarn:

i also crocheted the headband on her.  it is white acrylic with a flower made from the same ribbon yarn as the capelet.  the necklace was crocheted with bamboo thread & has large, flat shell beads worked into it.

hope you like it. Smiley wish i had better pics of it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009 11:42:44 PM by joybilee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009 01:18:21 AM »

at first sight I was thinking there was some papercrafting involved Cheesy
wrong Cheesy
I love the thinness of the capalet, it looks so elegant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009 04:00:24 PM »

thanks!  hehe, the paper is just my model Wink

i was really plsed with it over all, especially when the young lady who bought it tried it on.  it looked wonderful on her.  i had made it a month of so ago, but didn't have a way to display it very well.   last week i made lydia & it sold. Cheesy  i knew ppl just needed to see it.  after it sold, ppl kept coming by & asking if someone had already bought it.  i guess that means i need to make more. Grin

i wish the knots were neater.  i poured over several tutorials & just couldn't get it to come out better.  i'm going to try it in reg yarn next time & see if that helps.  i would love some tips if anyone has any idea at how to neaten up my solomon's stitch.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chutzpaw
ravelry and etsy id: KellyRenee77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009 05:36:49 PM »

It looks great in ribbon!  Great idea!  That's such a pretty stitch, but I haven't tried it yet because it looks hard.  Yours looks wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009 05:42:22 PM »

it took a little work trying to sort it out, but it wasn't difficult.  though as i said i used quite a few online tuts & would like to get my knots a bit neater.  i had wanted to try it for a couple of years before i did.  this has been the year i have finally starting learning some new stitches. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009 11:45:56 AM »

the capelet is so pretty! It looks like it would be beautiful over a white tank top or shirt or even black. Something to accept an outfit for sure. I also really like the necklace though I do not think I would personally wear them together. for me there is such a thing as too much crochet. lol
I also like your cardboard model. What a clever way to display things! did you make her yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
joybilee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009 12:11:52 PM »

the capelet is so pretty! It looks like it would be beautiful over a white tank top or shirt or even black. Something to accept an outfit for sure. I also really like the necklace though I do not think I would personally wear them together. for me there is such a thing as too much crochet. lol
I also like your cardboard model. What a clever way to display things! did you make her yourself?

thanks Smiley  i wore a white tank with it when i took the first pics of it, with me modeling.  but i won't show those because i had to use my webcam & being very chesty by nature, i look even more-so in the pics because of the way i had to hold the cam, lol. Lips sealed  plus, it was made for someone smaller than me.

yeah, the necklace was just up there for display.  i didn't have anything better than would fit over the display's big nose & hair flip Roll Eyes  they don't really go together, lol.  just two pieces i wanted ppl to see, & the necklace had a clasp.  the necklace was actually much longer & i had to pull it back on the display so you could see it for the capelet.  but i agree about watching how much crochet you wear at one time. funnily enough, the capelet & necklace both sold to a couple of young ladies shopping together. Smiley

yes, i did make the display myself.  here is a post about her & the other displays i made: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317620.0.  nothing fancy by any means, but effective! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Move Selection from One Image into Another
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Production Studio - Working with the Scrub Tool
Adobe Production Studio - Adjusting Panels and Saving a Custom Workspace
Adobe Production Studio - Looking at the Mixer Panel in the Multitrack View
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...