A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 101 Ways to Continue Crafting Without Breaking The Bank  (Read 21731 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

minowisbitt8lo
I'm your thing in a jar...all illuminated

valerian dreamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009 08:05:54 PM »

Oh!  and I almost forgot...

30. Have a father-in-law who is the rural rubbish pickup man.  I made him a beaded hanger for his St. Christopher's medal that hangs in his work truck, and one of his clients saw and gave him a shoebox of beads and findings for me.  He has also come by with a box of fabric (musty and stale smelling, but in perfect shape inside plastic in a box covered in an inch of dust), jars of buttons, and a set of hobby knives, unopened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"see, if we all thought the same way, we'd all have the same ideas.  it's a good thing to be different.  but minowis...what ARE you doing with that?"

CHOWI!!  I'm swapping again!
Dotees Round 9
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009 07:29:39 PM »

31. Save the tags that come on clothing and recycle them into new tags for your crafting.  I snipped off the tags on a new sweater and realized they were pretty sturdy and neat shapes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Roxsun40
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009 07:39:42 PM »

32. Plan a swap party and invite all of your friends and their friends. Tell them to bring anything crafty, recyclable, thrifty, and anything that could be neat to reuse. You can get some new materials and have a fun night with your friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

George Philson
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010 03:12:36 AM »

These are the very great and unique tips, which are really too frugal and inexpensive as well.

You can create a lot of things while sitting idle at home and prove your creativity and artistic persona to the world.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 03:16:01 AM by George Philson » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010 09:05:41 AM »

Swap party sound like an awesome idea. I wish more craftsters lived near me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
xTabsx
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010 02:27:20 PM »

33. This maybe an English thing (forgive me) go to your local tip... who love recycling and pick up odds for next to nothing and often nothing

34. (this is such a hoarder thing) KEEP everything... starbucks coffee cups, ribena bottles.. kids throwouts... EVERYTHING

35. When you throw out clothing cut off all zippers buttons and embellishments first.

36. Tights... I cannot excel the virtues of old tights enough.. multi functional, multi purpose... just plain old multi

37. If your not as sentimental as me... keep all your old cards from birthday, christmas, other occasion you can probably pick out elements from them to re use

38. I believe theres a saying that goes along the lines of it aint broke dont fix it... well if it is broke... work out what you can remake from it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alice in Craftsterland: received (YAY) and sent...
Crafty Detective: Inspired
Ongoing ATC swap: 4 claims
Number of days not smoked: 27
Demi_Kitten
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010 07:40:27 AM »

39: EBAY, you have to look and be willing to hang around waiting for bids to end but I managed to score a rather nifty bag of buttons for around 4 including postage and they will keep me going for a LONG time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010 03:51:16 PM »

40:: Find out when junk day is in your neighborhood-it's 3-4 times a year here.  Keeps walking/driving around, people put out stuff well before the day, and you can score neat stuff. I've found beeswax and wicks, (new-guess someone quit candlemaking), beautiful frames, ect.

41: Go to the library, and check out the craft books. You'll get lots of ideas on how to use stuff you never thought of before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Laugh_out_Loud
There aren't enough hours in a day for crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010 02:56:31 PM »

42.  Go through all of those boxes in your garage.  You'll be amazed at what you'll unearth; 'Aw, I remember this. . . I thought this was gone for good. . . Hey, I can use this for that picture frame I'm making. . .'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.  ~Woody Allen
Laugh_out_Loud
There aren't enough hours in a day for crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010 03:57:09 PM »

And another I thought of:  43. Keep an eye out for sales at your favorite stores, sometimes you can get really good deals! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.  ~Woody Allen
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Literary Vs. Commercial Fiction: Why Success Matters
Cheryl Strayed: How to Survive Family and Loss
Marie Arana on Simon De Bolivar
Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
Heather McDonald’s My Inappropriate Life
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...