A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clothing Line Craft-along  (Read 4238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trebleclef

now addicted to swaps

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2009 12:05:43 PM »

Inspired by the start of the new school year and the upcoming premiere of this season of Project Runway, I've decided that I finally want to start on my fashion line.  I've wanted to do this for a while, but I've decided that my senior year needs to be full of accomplishments.  The goal is one piece of clothing a month, which can be anything (shirt, skirt, etc.).  Personally I'm going for ten garments, but you can go longer or shorter.

Each garment should be your own, but can be altered from a pattern.  I personally would love to see WIP pictures, patterns before alterations, sketches, and anything else to help inspire and motivate.  And of course, the finished product!

Since we're starting in the middle of the month, the 'deadlines' will be in the middle of the month, so hopefully everyone will have something by September 15th!

I hope someone will join me on this journey =) Good luck!

Lauren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
TTTFBS - Stalking
July ATC Swap - Swapping!
44 cent Swap - Sent =)

Project Sketchbook: My theme is Jackets, blankets, and sheets
katara
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009 02:34:17 AM »

Mmm... this seems like a challenge!! One I think I'll like!
I'm definitely going to give this a bash!

Words that come to mind when I think of my own fashion line:
-texture
-earthy tones with a splash of colour
-comfortable
-eclectic
-simple lines

Think I'm going to start of with a pair of pants. Got an old pair of pants that I really like that have definitely seen better days. Going to pull them apart and use the pattern as a basis for my design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009 04:00:16 AM »

wow...this sounds like a real challenge. It would definitely be an acheivement if I kept up with this. That said I've only just started using a sewing machine again so it might be a little to adventurous...I might try altering things I think rather than sewing something completely new.

Ideas that come to mind:
A little bit different
Fairly feminine
Old fashioned looking romantic sort of things
Patterns & texture

Thats off the top of my head...still not a hundred % sure about this but i think i'll give it a bash! Or at least a good thumping lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
katara
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009 11:32:58 PM »

Altering sounds like a great idea to me to! Think we are going to have some fun FUN F-U-N !

I sat thinking and sketched some ideas (which I'll post tonight) and I think my first project is going to be "A Double Turn-Up Capri". I pulled my old pants apart and its going to be the basis of my pattern - will have to change it a bit though... Now I have to decide on the colour and type of fabric. Want to go and buy it tomorrow. I'm really excited about this craftalong!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009 07:44:55 AM »

I have got a few more ideas about what I want to do. I've got a few projects in mind that are a bit adventerous and I haven't a clue what to do and then others which should be really simple. I'm thinking that my first project will be this one: http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/ca/en/media/emma_jeans.pdf However I'm only going to do it to knee length...I'm so short I'd be swamped with anything bigger! I've got this really horrible pair of jeans that i never wear so they're going to be turned into this cool little skirt! What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
katara
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009 12:42:12 PM »

I love the idea of a patchwork insert! Think it'll look great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kstaron
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009 07:06:32 AM »

Ooooh, a clothing line, great idea.  I'm thinking vintage, a bit flirty, lots of texture. Just revamped a couple of corduroys with lace ruffles to get that vintage fun but functional thing going on.

While I doubt I'll have the time to invest in this craft along to get 10 pieces out of it, I'll definitely be lurking around to see what great things y'all come up with and share what I manage to do. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009 10:38:37 AM »

Mahvelous idea! I started my own clothing line awhile back, but haven't been able to work on a new piece in a long time. I love sweet lolita, refashioning/recontructing, and super comfy high fashion clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010 12:26:25 PM »

This sounds like tons of fun!!  I prefer to make clothing for children, can I still play along?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010 10:51:08 PM »

I recently took part in the "Givers and Needers swap" and received a stash of fabric! I also LOVE watching Project Runway, so I am going to challenge myself to use the fabric I received to create myself some wearable pieces. I am really committing myself to this project! Yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Met Gala 2014: Best & Worst Dressed
Kim Kardashian’s Beauty Evolution
How to Pull Off an Avant-Garde Red Carpet Look
How to Wear a Formal Dolce & Gabbana Evening Coat to Brunch
Teen Prom Makeover Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...