A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First time!!  (Read 1065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

19libra86
« on: August 15, 2009 08:05:26 AM »

So… after watching all the seasons of ‘Project Runway’ I decided to make my own clothes.

I bought my first sewing machine 2 months ago and figured out how to use it with your help (Thank you so much).
I started sewing with stretch fabric (because I'm clever… lol.) and although it was pretty difficult at the beginning I think I made something wearable out of it.

The best of all is that the fabric is really cheap and that… makes me really really happy.

Here goes the first one… not one of my favorites, but… you know, it’s the first one and that makes it special!

The second one I did it with scratch in 4 hours and then I wore it to a party that night. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The third one… I really like it…

The fourth one... isn't finished yet, but you can almost see the final result.

BTW: I copied the pattern of a shirt that fitted me and used it to make every top making little changes here and there.

I also made some pants the other day with another fabric but… it’s pretty difficult to take a picture of them… lol.

Thanks for watching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jjgirl

I love crochet patterns & crochet hats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009 08:13:46 AM »

Your clothes are BEAUTIFUL!  I know what you mean about being inspired by Project Run Way - everytime I watch that show, I'm compelled to pull out my sewing maching and make something.  I cannot believe this is your first time sewing, though - those shirts are really quite chic.  I like how clean they are and the sewing looks fabulous!  I specially like the second and third tops with the different colors pieced together to make some fabulous tops.

Awesome job and thanks for sharing!  Good luck in all your sewing endeavors - I'm sure there's plenty more outfits to come. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy: www.jjcrochet.etsy.com
My Website: http://www.jjcrochet.com
My Blog (with free crochet + knit patterns!): www.jjcrochet.com/blog
www.facebook.com/jjcrochet
nirauan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009 09:12:54 AM »

well done they all look great, you seem to have mastered the art of sewing stretch fabric without a serger, kudos Smiley (i'm very jelous, when i sew jersey it looks its been chewed by a dog)

my favourite is the 2nd one, i love one shouldered tops
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftymary
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009 11:06:56 AM »

I love the third one, very pretty.  You must be a very fast learner. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
19libra86
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009 02:49:58 PM »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback! It makes me tremendously happy! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Buying that sewing machine was a good decision... Not only I'm making clothes my style... but they save me some huge amount of money too!

Each top costs around... 9€ (if it's really cheap) in stores... and this way... I only spend 1.5€  in each one! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gooberts

Gooberts.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009 04:24:09 PM »

Nice job! And nice choice on the stretchy fabric!!!!  Wink I know stretch can be challenging, but once you learn how to work with it- its a breeze! I am a fabric snob and allow only stretchy fabrics in my sewing room!!! OKay, I have three yards of cotton...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because I said sew!!

WATCH OUT PROJECT RUNWAY...I'm coming to getcha...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 2/9
How to Crochet a 6 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/4
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 7/9
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Baby Bumble Bee Sweater Part 3/9
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...