A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies 6 GALLERY  (Read 23631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2009 02:18:37 PM »

Question:  I know we can't vote for the jar we make (duh), but are we allowed to vote for the jar our partner made for us?  Or, do we have to vote outside of our swap?  Thanks.

You can vote for any container in the contest, including the one made by your partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2009 05:17:13 AM »

That is the best pumpkin!! What an expression on his face!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Snarky housewife swap! - crafting my little heart out
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2009 08:15:08 PM »

That is the best pumpkin!! What an expression on his face!! Grin
yep, my little boy is in love with him, he carries it around with him and gives it kisses, then he sat it in his rocking chair and rocked it! its getting my vote and my boy's vote Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2009 06:41:28 AM »

Today's the day folks! If you won't be sending today, please let me know ASAP. The list on pg. 1 of the discussion thread is up to date. If your status is listed incorrectly, please let me know so I can correct it.

And a reminder- you MUST PM me when you receive. There are several people that haven't let me know that they've received even though their boxes were delivered quite some time ago. Part of good communication is letting the organizer know when you've sent and when you've received.

Finally, if you are unable to post pictures, please let both me and your partner know. Again, there are several people that received some time ago but haven't posted pics. If you can't post pics for any reason, please communicate that to your partner and myself.

Oh- and don't forget to send me pics of your container if you want to participate in the contest. I've received pics from 8 people so far. I'll post a list prior to the contest so everyone can make sure I didn't overlook their PM.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2009 07:30:35 AM »

I will be sending today.  I'm going to the post office this afternoon when I get my son from school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2009 01:02:22 PM »

Love the pumpkin goodness!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm

« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2009 07:00:35 PM »

I have received from lylacfey!  I gasped!  My son called to me from the next room, "Are you going raccoon?" which is a phrase a friend of ours uses for being excited about shiny objects.  LOL  Sorry, but this is going to be a very picture-y post, and that's even after I culled through the pics.

The P.O. was VERY rough with the box.  She had used a lot of poppy paper, and many of the bubbles were burst.  Some of the things that she had hot glue gunned to the lid were popped off, but that's an easy fix.  She had even included a note say they were only gluegunned on so I could take them off to use them if I wanted to.  I had asked that my jar be something sturdy and reusable, and lylacfey came through with a sturdy black, wooden box.  Well done!

There was black cat punch confetti and... brace yourselves ...  HELICOPTER PUNCH CONFETTI!!!  It was at this point that my son made the raccoon comment.

Whimsie goodness:

I have named the octopus Ryan.  I have a different kind of octopus amigurumi I got in a recent swap that I named Colin.  Bonus points to anyone who can recognize why my octopi are named Colin and Ryan! Cheesy

Ryan is a perfect shade of purple, and he's very soft.

But, wait, there's more (much more!):

I am going to frame the helicopter card.  Glittery helicopter!!!  At this point, the squeals and exclaimations reached a level that shooed the cat away.
A glittery helicopter is the utmost of crafty awesomeness in my universe.

More whimsies:

A gorgeous iconograpy bracelet:

Some favorites:

Can y'all believe she even included some incense?!?!  Happy me!

It is hard to show on here the amazing amount of care lylacfey put into my box.  My son has already pilferred some, and I have already set aside 2 little piles to go with Christmas for 2 people.  The joy spreads! Cheesy

Lylacfey has been the most wonderful, thoughtful, caring, and communicative partner I could have possibly entered into the world of whimsie swapping with.  Thank you so much!!!
(BTW, lylacfey, I think you are going to laugh when you open your box and realize great minds think alike. Cheesy  Of course, we do have some taste overlap on our wists.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2009 07:48:57 PM »

Oh wow Aikibookworm! You got a great "jar!" There's some very cute and neat looking whimsies in there. Hmmmm... Could Colin and Ryan by from your favorite youtube show "Who's Line Is It!? LOL! Cheesy That octopus is very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lylacfey
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2009 10:28:59 PM »

Aikibookworm- I just sent a PM too so some of this will be redundant. Smiley I am sorry. I am going crazy trying to scale down our lives since our son left.

You know children are clutterbugs. We got rid of half our home and I am still going through things. I know I am a crafter that hates clutter. We homeschooled our son so our home was full of redundant supplies.

I am sooo mad at the PO for manhandling your box. My DH wrapped it tight and I put fragile all over the darn box. Like I said my home is a disaster area so I couldn't find all my packing supplies. I had popcorn somewhere but my Mom just got that. I always can get it since my DH's work uses it.

All the components work on the box. DH & I fix computers. So we always have computer parts lying around. What we don't use I throw in my steampunk box.

I found the die cut helicopter on the Internet. I cut him out using one of my die cut machines. I used my Cricut since I was learning my Gazelle at the time. I glittered the helicopter too.

Are Colin & Ryan from Whose Line? I love Whose Line so that will be perfect for two little Octopi. Smiley

I am glad you loved Ryan. I was a nervous wreck about it. It was the first time I loom knitted. I was a nervous wreck. I just set my looms aside to put in my Mom's garage sale. I just might keep them now. Smiley Still thinking about it, lol.

Thank you for being patient with me while my DH & I are going through this transition in our lives. I would have sent sooner but sending your children off to boarding school takes a lot of work. Nobody told me this when we did it, ROFL!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
Aikibookworm

« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2009 06:54:20 AM »

Lylacfey -  I SMILED this morning when I woke up and started moving around the house and saw my whimsie jar and treats.  One of the last things I saw last night were Ryan and Colin sitting near where I was laying.  I've decided I really want to acquire and make a BIG lot of octopi as they are one of my favorite sea creatures, and swapping has shown me how nice it is to have cuddly ones about the house.  (My very most favorite sea creatures are sharks.  And, I really like octopi's cleverness and personality.  Octopi are the kooky characters of the sea.)  I noticed that you have some octopi on your wist, too, so I don't think I have to explain their allure to you! Smiley

I wish y'all could cuddle Ryan.  He is the softiest, squishiest, cuddliest ami I own.  Lylacfey did a GREAT job on him.  Bonus prize:  having travelled sealed in the box with the incense cones and sticks, the scent permeated, and he smells sooooo good.   LOL  I am now so addicted to amigurumi octopi!  Smiley

Lylacfey - The P.O. says you should receive tomorrow, but this is the P.O. we're talking about, so we'll see. 

My son has been circling the computer/electronic bits and pieces like a shark that has scented blood. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tapioca Pudding With Coconut Caramel Sauce
How to Make a Chocolate Cake With Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Sunny Anderson Blows Your Mind with 2-Ingredient Cookies
A Strawberry Spin on Classic Lemon Bars
Delicious Desserts: How To Make Pineapple Coconut Sundaes
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...