A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's only (taken) forever... [quite a few imgs]  (Read 3614 times)
Tags for this thread: labyrinth , necklace , marble  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Emi Ramsey
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009 07:32:30 AM »

Can really see the 'Labyrinth' inspiration to the final look (don't you love bowie's hair? lol), very cool. It does look at bit warm but at least when its chilly out your necklace can double as a scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Easter Egg Hunt & Raffle Launched - check it out at http://www.fortheloveofbeads.com/blog/seasonal/love-beads-easter-contest/  ~
rorriM_esoR

Santorini, Greece, Summer 2008

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009 09:29:24 AM »

It might have taken forever, but it looks completely worth it.  This is one of the most original pieces of jewelry I have seen in a long time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On Pottermore?  Add me, Pumpkinsparks110.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.  -Ghandi
talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009 01:37:21 PM »

Thanks for the super kind words everybody Cheesy It's nice to know I'm mental in a good way Grin And Bowie's hair... hadn't thought of that but the spiky eyelash fuzz works on that level too lol. Then again I get the feeling it doesn't take much of a reminder to get some of you thinking about Bowie. Especially Bowie in those tights. Shocked Roll Eyes Wink Tongue Grin

Alteredmommy, to make the marble caps I made a spiral out of thick wire that fitted the top of the marble, cut two circles of rolled out polymer clay about the size of the spiral, stuck one to the marble, stuck the spiral into that (not too hard, just enough to flatten it into the clay) and then made a hole in the second circle and fitted it over the top of the spiral. I smooshed the two layers together and decorated the top, then propped up the marble (on mini cookie cutters, actually) and baked the whole lot. Once the clay was cool I knocked the cap off (carefully!), painted them, varnished them, and then glued them back onto the marbles with Araldite.

That works in my head, is it clear enough to you? I could make a random marble charm and take pics, I guess (I discovered a little hoard of marbles the other day... we've started packing up to move and I've been discovering micro-stashes of craft supplies I forgot I had. You know you're a craftster when...?)

Thanks again everyone, you gals are lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lbbshell
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009 08:02:10 AM »

I tried to hit 'this rocks' but it totally crashed my computer!  But it does!  I was looking at the little thumbnail under hot projects and debating if it was just me having Labyrinth on the brain or what, so of course I had to click!!  Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sdanorth
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009 08:30:04 AM »

Put it on! Take more pics! It's awesome! Action shots are needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Natural Shell & Stone Jewelry Fresh From the Beach!
www.northbeachjewel ry.com
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NorthBeachJewelry
echo_brook
Mollusks inhabit the soft parts of my heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009 05:22:15 PM »

This is extraordinary!  You completely captured The Labyrinth in this piece. I bet you can't wait until it gets cooler so you can wear this! I know that I would be dying to wear it if somehow I could create something so awesome!

And, btw, yes. David bowie in tights.  Shocked  -sigh-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newly moved to the Tri Valley area (Dublin, CA) and would love to meet craftsters here. Please don't be shy about PMing me.

http://www.wists.com/echo_brook

I do personal swaps.
Mimzy

Y' don't have to be crazy to be here, but it helps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009 03:30:38 AM »

Mental? HECK NO. Bloody awesome more like. I recently re-watched the Labyrinth, and had my childhood fond memories of it ruined by my adult self going "Holy moly, the crotch! I CAN'T UNSEE IT!"
But the music was rad, and the bubbles were sparkly, as was Mr Bowie.
So I must confess I'm rather impressed! Your solution for holding the marbles is elegant as it is fairy-like. And the goblin faces are adorable! I see what you did there with the Sarah's teddy  Wink
The yarn you've used gives it a rather soft, otherworldly feel to it too. Pity there are no upside down stairs in the marbles Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
talyra
likes shiny things

Aboard yer ship, gnawin' yer timbers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009 08:00:10 AM »

Awww Cheesy

lbbshell- sorry for crashing your computer, I didn't think it was THAT img heavy Shocked
Mimzy - you do make me giggle sometimes!
sdanorth - I'll see what I can do but I'm really not photogenic. Maybe my boyfriend will agree to model it... Grin

Thanks again everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brixtia
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009 02:46:16 PM »

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! I love the level of detail and difference in textures. It's so unique, and busy without looking remotely over the top Smiley Very well done - you have an amazing talent ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009 03:00:54 PM »

Love this! As a long time Labyrinth fan your subject title caught my eye and I had to read.  Cheesy

I see the teddy charm (cute) but what about a polymer Lancelot? For some reason I remembered him being clothed, but I rechecked myself and I guess it was just a bow around his neck, hmph.

Ooo, or what about an owl charm to represent Jareth?

Sorry, it really is quite lovely the way it is, just seeing it brought about more ideas to add to it or maybe a complimenting piece!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Easy Key Lime Pie
Create Cookie Icings and Glazes
Discover 5 Treats for Your Teacher
Over-the-Top Chocolate Gifts
How to Make a Homemade Apple Crumble
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...