A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,925
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 9 days knitting, and 6 finished projects. (AND SIX TUTORIALS!)  (Read 5507 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hyperfrec
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005 06:21:39 PM »

The Two First Caps.

Size 13 in-the-round needles. Rowan Yarn.

Easy as pie.

Cast on 80 stitches. Knit in the round till its about 7 inches.

NEXT ROW: Knit 2. Knit 2 together.

NEXT ROW: Then Knit 2. Knit 2 together.

NEXT FEW ROWS: Knit 2 together, till you only have 5 left.

Then I threaded the excess throught he 5 loops and tied it off.

What can I say? Im a lame beginner XD

The Bee:

Just frestyle. I had no idea what i was doing.

First i made an oval for the bee.
Then the wings.
Then the stripes and antenne.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://hyperfrec.blogspot.com/

Check here for my current projects, and tutorials from the past!
Keridiana
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005 07:42:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing so much!  I love your pics the most - so funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005 07:42:41 PM »

they are just super! great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005 09:57:04 PM »

It is addicting.....truly like crack, a more healthy and productive drug....I know what you mean about spending all your money (I'm being completely serious here) When I go to the craft store, unless I am buying yarn, I literally have to stay on the other side of the store, because once I see all that gloriousness, and realize the true potential of those strings of fiber, I cant get away.

I'm being serious too. I'm broke. Between Jazzing up my car and buying knitting matterials, I've screwed myself over as far as money goes Sad

That's where your awesome knitting SKILLS come in, you can start selling stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Hyperfrec
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005 02:24:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing so much!  I love your pics the most - so funny!

You're welcome. AND thank you XD I try to keep my pix interesting, it jazzes up the hats too! Cheesy

they are just super! great job

Thank you much!

It is addicting.....truly like crack, a more healthy and productive drug....I know what you mean about spending all your money (I'm being completely serious here) When I go to the craft store, unless I am buying yarn, I literally have to stay on the other side of the store, because once I see all that gloriousness, and realize the true potential of those strings of fiber, I cant get away.

I'm being serious too. I'm broke. Between Jazzing up my car and buying knitting matterials, I've screwed myself over as far as money goes Sad

That's where your awesome knitting SKILLS come in, you can start selling stuff Smiley

Not a bad idea. So far I've had a lot of offers to make people hats and gloves. I just told them to buy me the yarn and pay be 5 bux. Does that sound reasonable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005 03:36:15 PM »

Not a bad idea. So far I've had a lot of offers to make people hats and gloves. I just told them to buy me the yarn and pay be 5 bux. Does that sound reasonable?
What I would suggest you do, is, since they are buying the yarn, set an hourly wage for yourself, then, depending on how long you take on one hat/set of gloves, you multiply that by your wage, and that's what you charge. If you were buying the yarn, you'd have to add that to the cost. From what I can see though, at the rate you knit, people will be getting a dang good deal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
thecatspajamas
I knit too much!

would you light my candle?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005 05:41:39 PM »

Jeez, you must be a fast knitter! Wowee my first projects were terrible! lol but even though my first projects were so ugly, they'll be cherished forever. Cheesy

<3 Anais
THIS ROCKS   Logged

how do you document real life when real life's
getting more like fiCtiON each day

It is impossible for me to make a post without a smiley in it. =D
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005 09:00:36 AM »

Jeez, you must be a fast knitter! Wowee my first projects were terrible! lol but even though my first projects were so ugly, they'll be cherished forever. Cheesy

<3 Anais
I am so mad at myself, at the time, I was so pissed off that I couldn't do a freakin rectangle, I think I threw my first "project" away..ughhh! I really wish I had it now so I could show you guys how ridiculous it was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hyperfrec
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005 02:03:12 PM »

I'm not perfect. Sure I'm fast, and in general my projects turn out okay, but I'm so impatient that I don't wait to learn things that I NEED to know. Like binding off  Cheesy

Look at my third "project" ever. This is the only thing that I have failed at, and it was because I didnt know how to bind off, so i just tried to stitch it together   Lips sealed

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005 03:14:42 PM »

I'm not perfect. Sure I'm fast, and in general my projects turn out okay, but I'm so impatient that I don't wait to learn things that I NEED to know. Like binding off  Cheesy

Look at my third "project" ever. This is the only thing that I have failed at, and it was because I didnt know how to bind off, so i just tried to stitch it together   Lips sealed

Oh no! haha. That could actually be considered kinda cool. It's one of those things I'd expect to find in those random boutiques for ridiculous amounts of money....I look at them and say "Hey I could knit something and cut holes in it myself!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
Sarah Lewis on Turning Setbacks Into Great Advantage
Find Lasting Happiness: Be Nobody
Jason Reynolds: What Are You Reading?
Lynn Cullen: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...