A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour 5 [CLOSED- SEND Sep-2]  (Read 32457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2009 12:17:11 AM »

You answered your own question:
his creative commons tag on the drawing says this: No Derivative Works You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

For the purposes of this swap it is not acceptable to copy something someone doesn't want copied.  For purposes outside this swap in a case where you are not selling the item you would have to use your own judgement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2009 02:00:29 PM »

I'm kind of excited. I have all my ideas ready to go for the last two towels. I can't believe how fast this swap goes. only 2 and a half towels left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
IamSusie
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2009 02:13:51 PM »

I think you made a good decision to use a different image.  He does not seem to want his art to be used by other people.  Smiley

his creative commons tag on the drawing says this: No Derivative Works You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

For the purposes of this swap it is not acceptable to copy something someone doesn't want copied.  For purposes outside this swap in a case where you are not selling the item you would have to use your own judgement.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2009 04:12:23 PM »

I think you made a good decision to use a different image.  He does not seem to want his art to be used by other people.  Smiley

i am using another image, but i think there is a gap between what i provided and what is interpreted. Wink he has a creative commons on it: the image can be used, i was just wondering how one would define "alter, transform, or build upon" in terms of embroidery. haha. *shrug* either way, the smarter (and only appropriate) choice for this swap is to simply use another image! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2009 04:20:34 PM »

I like CC, but I'm more down with my friend. He lets me use what ever I want of his because he doesn't believe in copy rights. He draws some great fantasy too, amazing maps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
j_q_adams
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2009 06:26:13 PM »

So far, I have contacted 3 artists for the purposes of this swap, and all have been amazingly gracious in their willingness to let me stitch their work.  For many, I think such a request can be both flattering and somewhat intriguing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mego
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2009 07:08:02 PM »

i am using another image, but i think there is a gap between what i provided and what is interpreted. Wink he has a creative commons on it: the image can be used, i was just wondering how one would define "alter, transform, or build upon" in terms of embroidery. haha. *shrug* either way, the smarter (and only appropriate) choice for this swap is to simply use another image! Cheesy

I tag my photographs and stuff as No Derivative because I don't want people altering one single thing and then calling it their own.  My local newspaper pulled that on one of my photos!  I found out about my photo being printed while I was reading the newspaper in the student union at my university... uhm, yeah, everyone in there that day heard some choice words.
If someone contacted me about doing an interpretation of something of mine in embroidery while still giving me credit, I'd be totally flattered!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2009 07:43:27 PM »

If someone contacted me about doing an interpretation of something of mine in embroidery while still giving me credit, I'd be totally flattered!

i think he just isn't online much. Wink most many artists are of a similar mindset as you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2009 10:14:06 AM »

I was turned down by an artist on flickr. He had designed the image as a tattoo for someone and promised them he wouldn't let anyone use the image.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: October 01, 2009 05:30:11 PM »

Hi, Raiders--

I_Sew_Cute asked me to pop in and tell you all that her surgery went just fine, but she's ended up in the hospital overnight that she didn't plan (Grrrr!).  She didn't bring her embroidery because she thought she'd be home in a few hours and is feeling well enough to complain that she doesn't have it and the light in her hospital room would be perfect for stitching.

She'll send out on Monday and hopes that everyone understands!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
Monte Cristo Burger Recipe
Turkey Burgers with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
Everything You Need For the Perfect Super Bowl Spread
How To Make Green Chili Burger, A Chicago Favorite
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...