A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour 5 [CLOSED- SEND Sep-2]  (Read 30134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2009 08:00:44 PM »

I was worried the tread heaven would make the string feel funny, but it doesn't it just makes stitching as easy as I think it should be.

We came down with the H1N1 flu in our house and it was AWFUL.
I know my school's been going crazy about the flu. They put up hand sanitizers and everything EVERYWHERE! I'm not too worried though. A few years ago one of the teachers brought back mumps from a research trip. That was fun. Half the Anthro department came down with it. I thought I had too, but it turned out to be strep, and that I think I caught from Jared Leto.

Anyway, on topic, I'm almost done with Lily's towel. I just have to add some color. Then it will be always sunny and perfect. *wink wink*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
mego
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2009 10:01:34 PM »

My tale of woe involves spending most of the last 24 hours either puking or, well... you know. Bloody food poisoning.

I did get a start on Susie's towel though before the illness hit, so that's a bright point.

Feel better!  We came down with the H1N1 flu in our house and it was AWFUL.  I didn't get it, but I took care of everyone.  Fortunately, I can report that the H1N1 swine flu is much shorter lasting than regular flu.

Oh shheeesh!  Did you all get tested by the health dept to confirm it?  I'm hoping my insurance will cover the H1N1 shot for free since it's teachers' insurance, they always do free flu shots.  One of the middle schools just to the south of us had 14 cases in the first week of classes.
My tale of woe has been the chicken pox!  Don't worry, I didn't touch a single towel until I was over it.  I was vaccinated & everything, yet I still got a mild case of it at 21 yrs old.

Anyways, on topic -- I've finished mamaphunk's towel & hopefully I'll get pictures done before class tomorrow & in the post after class! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
sew~amy
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2009 08:55:33 AM »

I finished fiberartsy's towel and posted pics of it.  It's early since I am in the late group.  But I just couldn't wait anymore to stitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2009 10:16:43 AM »

Hello everyone! I was AFK for a bit, but I am back in business now. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do over in the gallery...

I got fenifer's towel last week before I left home for a work thing. It doesn't have a theme, so I did some internet research last night and drew up an original design based on a common interest that we have and I plan on stitching it up tonight. ... I hope she likes it!

In the meantime, I think I have a picture on my camera still of the tiny design I started with on my own towel, so I'll have to find that and post it in the gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2009 11:21:22 AM »

i am still...working on rectangel's towel. between not feeling well and not being able to decide what i wanted to put on it, i am gonna spend the next 2 days focusing on it exclusively! Wink

(and dear heavens, nobody send any germs my way, okay?  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2009 01:14:22 PM »

I finished fiberartsy's towel and posted pics of it.  It's early since I am in the late group.  But I just couldn't wait anymore to stitch.

Eeeeeekkk---running to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2009 01:24:22 PM »

Oh shheeesh!  Did you all get tested by the health dept to confirm it?  I'm hoping my insurance will cover the H1N1 shot for free since it's teachers' insurance, they always do free flu shots.  One of the middle schools just to the south of us had 14 cases in the first week of classes.
My tale of woe has been the chicken pox!  Don't worry, I didn't touch a single towel until I was over it.  I was vaccinated & everything, yet I still got a mild case of it at 21 yrs old.

No, by the time I called the pediatrician, everyone was on the mend and it was too late for the test.  I heard on the news that 98% of the viruses going around now are H1N1, and the symptoms matched, so we just stayed away from people for several days.

I must have had a very mild case, because I can scarcely describe any symptoms and I was certainly exposed.  Daughter had a sore throat, chills, and mild diarrhea.  Husband had those symptoms, only much worse and for about 3 days.  Son was barfy and the worst of all, but all are fine now!

The school just asked us to keep them home until 24 hours after a fever which is the usual practice. Total quarantine for 7 days is pretty excessive.  If you are a teacher, you should get the flu shot for sure! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2009 03:48:16 PM »

I got pearliepie's towel today and already got my design transfered.  I have to go on a business trip next week Sad so I must get it done this week!  I'm going on a long road trip this weekend (then I fly out monday...what a crazy weekend) so I should have plenty of time to get it done then Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2009 08:09:52 PM »

I'm sadly not in this swap, but I've kind of been stalking the gallery because I just started embroidery on some tea towels and you guys are super talented.  I will definitely keep an eye out for the next round.

I remembered a post in the recent with pics a while back of the Tea Tour 2009 van, and I just spotted it today in Olympia!  Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but I was kind of excited and made mr. bunnyface take one, though I guess I should have been a little nervous to stop and snap a quick photo since Kittykill said they seemed surly (luckily no one saw us).

I think I'm in love with the tea pot van.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mego
« Reply #319 on: September 14, 2009 08:11:31 PM »

Hehe, thanks bunnyface!!!

Maybe we should contact the artist behind that Tea Tour to let her know she's being noticed by crafters Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Sauteed Ginger Shrimp
How to Make Your Own Dumplings
How to Make a Squab Lettuce Wrap
Beijing Chicken Recipe
How to Make Indian Chai
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...