A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour 5 [CLOSED- SEND Sep-2]  (Read 36914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2009 05:45:19 PM »

It's being reinforced to me that I can't draw worth a damn.

I swore that I had the Sublime Viva Las Vegas transfers with the cigarettes with rising smoke, but it turns out I do not.

A cigarette, with a curl of smoke. You would think this is the easiest thing in the world to draw.

You would be very, very wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
greenlightgo
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2009 05:49:59 PM »

Themes- I put down on the questionnaire Earth/ nature, and have started a tea towel with this theme, haven't finished it, and want to change to Egyptian, or Indian(native or middle eastern) themes- also have others floating around like bicycling, so I can get a larger fabric piece (lightweight of coarse), and make it into a pillow for my son on our bike rides, his trailer, it isn't the most comfortable thing. Should I stick with the earth nature or biking? Or is the Egyptian Indian theme too ambitious?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
~Glenda
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2009 06:26:04 PM »

Themes ~ On the questionnaire, I said astrological/zodiac for me and my family would be a fun theme, but that I absolutely don't mind if I *don't* have a theme. I know some people like having a theme to work from, but others do just fine without a theme to guide them . . . and then sometimes the theme develops on its own as the towel goes from person to person.

greenlightgo ~ Keep in mind that whatever theme you don't use for T5, you can take that theme and use it in another swap Smiley.

Knots on Back of Fabric ~ It's only been in recent months that I've switched from knotting ends on the back of my fabric, to weaving loose tails under already-stitched threads. However, I've come to see that the weave of the fabric plays a big factor on if I knot or weave ends -- fabrics with a looser weave are one where I tend to prefer to use knots. In fact, last night I finished embroidering on some vintage hankies and I opted to weave ends rather than knot, but I'm not 100% positive those woven ends are going to hold longterm. I did include a note in the package and told my friend I suggest she gently handwash the hankies instead of throwing them in the washer -- if I'd knotted my threads instead, I wouldn't have any worry about the threads coming undone in the washer. Next time I stitch on hankies (vintage or new), I'll knot the ends -- live and learn!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Glenda
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2009 06:31:03 PM »

A cigarette, with a curl of smoke. You would think this is the easiest thing in the world to draw.

I draw stick people, so I definitely couldn't pull off a ciggy with a curl of smoke! I looked thru my S.S. patterns to see if I have that one and could snail mail or scan-and-email it to you, but I don't have it. I'm guessing that's not an image you'd find on a free coloring book page Wink. Tattoo flash???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2009 06:38:10 PM »

Set your theme as you like, but be open minded about how it develops! No theme at all is a fun way to go.    I usually will stalk you a little online if you are in my group to get some idea of what you might like.   Cool

Weave in ends one direction and then back the way you came. Go at least a half inch or more. They hold! Knots come undone in the washer too and sometimes they pull to the front, but, I know... not very often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2009 07:39:25 PM »

I'm a total stalker too. I love looking at people's wists and such for inspiration. I make myself easy to stalk also so that people can get lots of ideas for me. I put fantasy, or vintage on my info. I really am open to anything though. I'd love a towel covered in vintage designs for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftymama06

I craft..Therefore I am..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2009 08:43:19 PM »

I didn't put a theme either...However a Fall related one migt be nice..Basket of apples,scarecrows,leaves,pumpkins..Whatever..Or chili peppers,teapots,coffee related,cartppn fruits,veggies,50's people,mexican theme,RAIN.. Smiley cupcakes,candy,kewpie dolls,m n m's,whatever..I can't wait..And OFCOURSE be on time.. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Debbie
I LOVE anything homemade..
I LOVE giving HOMEMADE gifts..Which KID would YOU like??

Current Swaps..
Dotee's Round 7
I LOVE FALL
Hair DooDads 2
Martryska Swap-Sign ups
My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/craftymama06
j_q_adams
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2009 08:54:55 PM »

I listed "no theme" in my questionnaire -- which I KNOW would be a lot of fun -- but I think that I will inform my group (once we're assigned) that I've decided on an undersea / nautical / beachy theme, based on what I decided to stitch as my first image.  I just finished washing my marker lines off and binding my towel, so I hope to take some good pics tomorrow!  Can't wait to show you all my first pic for my first TTT.

My second choice was "forest friends", but I will have to wait for TTT6.

Can you tell I am excited?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2009 08:58:40 PM »

I said 'no theme', but I've got a good idea now. I'll just see if I can embroider it before I send out - otherwise I'll go back to  no theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
mego
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2009 09:12:23 PM »

Greenlightgo -- Oh my goodness, Egyptian or Indian seems seriously ambitious to me! 

Wow... it seems like there's going to be a lot of sea/nautical themes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Singing Voice
Matt Ruby on Advancing a Standup Comedy Career
Matt Ruby on What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder in Comedy
Matt Ruby on What Entrepreneurs and Standup Comedians Have in Common
Matt Ruby on Finding Joy Performing Standup Comedy
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...