A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour 5 [CLOSED- SEND Sep-2]  (Read 31193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

~Glenda
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009 11:56:09 AM »

kittykill ~ Resistance is futile!! Go ahead and jump in Smiley.

I love that the group is filling up so fast!

I still can't decide, either, if I want to stitch on my towel before I send it out. I may take a page from AlwaysInspired's book and just stitch my name on it, and then let things happen as they may after that -- I don't mind if I don't stitch a design on my own towel because I like the look of five designs on a square piece of fabric Smiley. Last go 'round, I did add a design beforehand, not thinking ahead to how much room that'd leave my other five group members, and Sew~Amy, as the last stitcher on mine, had to get really creative in finding a way to add something (which she did a fantastic job of doing, by the way) -- total newbie mistake on my part!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaphunk
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009 11:59:47 AM »

Oh wow, I'm getting so excited to start this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be out of town June 11-20 with limited computer access. (Be patient with me, I'm on the beach!)
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2009 12:43:08 PM »

Hey rectangel, is it okay if I do the quilt blocks to send out? The blocks will be seperate to assure there will be enough space around the art to sew into the quilt ya know? BUT...since all the images will be going into one project I didn't think it would be against the rules. I still want everyone to play off each others work. I think it will come together nicely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
mego
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2009 01:22:11 PM »

Hey rectangel, is it okay if I do the quilt blocks to send out? The blocks will be seperate to assure there will be enough space around the art to sew into the quilt ya know? BUT...since all the images will be going into one project I didn't think it would be against the rules. I still want everyone to play off each others work. I think it will come together nicely.

From what I understand, this still isn't OK because that's still taking away the concept of one organic piece.  The idea is to have it be one piece to begin with, but it's ok if you want to cut it up later.  Here's what the organizer had to say when the same question was asked earlier...

Please don't come up with too many restrictions for your group to accomodate.  The absolute best thing to send is a white finished edge piece of fabric (ie a tea towel).  DO NOT mark off where you want each person to stitch or send patches for people to stitch...if you decide to cut them up later that is fine but part of the fun is designs are meant to be done as one piece and you will notice if you look through past galleries that they often organically come to interact with the designs already on the towel.  It is really cool Smiley

Basically, your idea is taking away the concept of multiple people working together on one thing, interacting with what's already there. 
Here's an example of a similar swap, but of moleskins, where the artists worked on the same notebooks & everything flowed together...
http://moleskinex12.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2009 01:32:31 PM »

hey d- to answer your question I would prefer people send one fabric surface to be embroidered otherwise there really isn't a point to sending it around in a circle you could individually send each piece to your swap partners and have them send it back.  Accidental misplacement, fraying and having space to hoop also become issues with pre-cut patches.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I know this is your 4th go round but the last time I tried to organize the patch swap I had like zero people interested...so for this swap I recommend if you want to make a quilt later baste hem a largish piece of medium weight quiltng cotton and then you should ample room to slice when it gets home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2009 03:13:16 PM »

I had so much fun the last time I did this, that I just had to send my info in! I see the spots are filling up quickly, though, so we'll see if I make it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sixblueirises
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2009 03:54:07 PM »

I'm hard at work on my embroidery. I totally wound up in this embroidery zen state this afternoon- stitches just flowing, and an hour flying by and feeling like ten minutes. I love it when that happens!

My theme is mermaids, or any sort of whimsical underwater designs. I am so thrilled with how my part is turning out so far. My apron is half sewn, too, and I am really liking how that is turning out. (Couldn't resist adding a little bit of rick rack, and so far it looks fabulous.) Honestly, I'm so in love with this project right now I would not be surprised if I have nightmares about the post office losing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love instant gratification almost as much as I love parentheses!
rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009 05:02:08 PM »

I am anxious to know where the the last few swappers will be from..so far we have 5 people from california Shocked
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009 08:20:36 PM by rectangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009 05:42:09 PM »

If I can sketch it and embroider it in time, then I'll have a theme. One that I find hilarious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2009 07:23:45 PM »

I am anxious to know where the the last 7 swappers will be from..so far we have 5 people from california Shocked

Apparently we're quite the crafty bunch in CA! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Versace Fall 2014
Get the Look from Gucci Fall 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2014
Get the Look from Michael Kors Fall 2014
Dove Helps Women Find Their Inner Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...