A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour 5 [CLOSED- SEND Sep-2]  (Read 29597 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenlightgo
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009 08:33:01 AM »

OK, I just went through like 30 pages of the Tea Towel Tour 4, and WHOA! There is some amazing stuff coming out of you fantastic ladies!
I've already got like 5 more themes I want to do. So this tour has to go on to number 6,7,8,9, and 10! LOL  Tongue
I'm going to start on my towel today, Just in case, I get accepted!  Cheesycrossfingers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IamSusie
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009 08:33:48 AM »

About the copyright thing... You know how resourceful we crafters are... We see things online and want to copy them and often know exactly how to do just that.  Someone might see an embroidery or illustration on a blog or etsy shop and simply trace it right off their computer and stitch it up.  With many designs, it is okay to do just this as free patterns abound and many vintage illustrations and patterns are commonly used this way.  Sometimes it really is not okay as an artist might really want to protect their own work, so you'll have to use your good judgement about this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009 08:40:26 AM »

Also, it's not hard to just ask permission to use an image. If you find something on someone else's site, ask them if you can use it. Most people are pretty nice, and in my experience they're usually excited to see their work embroidered as long as you credit the source.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009 10:16:56 AM »

We are now officially at 16 with a few waiting in the wings.  

I can't quite express enough how much I love this swap mostly because it was the first real chance I got to hold the work of people who's stitching I had admired on the Needlework board for ages.

Jenny's latest book is coming out later this month and I can't wait.  It seems amazing to me how many resources there are now for stitching and the wealth of stitched examples available.

Flickr in the past year has really taken over my embroidery ogling world and if you are on there feel free to add me as a contact.  There is a Tea Towel Tour group that I moderate and it contains lots of big pictures past tours stitchings Wink
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009 10:19:52 AM by rectangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
IamSusie
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009 10:23:23 AM »

Tea Towel Tour group on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/teatoweltours/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenlightgo
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009 10:26:11 AM »

oooohhhh- I'm in I'm in I'm in I'm in....dancing around the room Thank YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009 10:45:31 AM »

Woo hoo!!! I'm in!!! Yay!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009 05:07:54 PM »

So I want to do this, but I was trying to think of something creative to send around to be stitched on. I did an apron last time around. I don't really want a towel because I wouldn't use it and wouldn't have a way of displaying it. I was wondering if anyone has sent around muslin squares to be embroidered. Then they could be made into a quilt or wallhanging. Anyone else sending anything besides a towel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009 05:10:57 PM »

GatsbyGirl has sent a pillow cover in one of the previous tours and millik sent a fabric square that she was planning on making into a pillow in T3.

And I think quite a few people have made their towels into wall-hangings for their kitchen Wink

I'm doing my towel sideways this time so I can make it into a simple apron when it comes home.

....and folks don't worry if you don't hear much from me on the weekend look for me on Monday when the gallery will be created  Shocked
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009 05:15:05 PM by rectangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
~Glenda
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009 07:21:21 PM »

Haha, well, after saying "No, I think I'm going to be too busy this round", I clicked over and saw who all has already joined and I just couldn't NOT participate!! I just sent in my questionnaire Smiley. I will keep my designs uncomplicated and instead focus on fine-tuning my stitches. Should be fun!!

AlwaysInspired ~ Maybe you could send a piece of muslin onto which you've marked off a border for each person's design, so that when you get the completed piece back you could cut out each design and frame them however you wish? I would think as long as the piece of muslin was as big as one of those big ole tea towels, that would allow plenty of room for each person to stitch and still leave you with enough border around each design so you could frame them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Made Short Rib Hamburgers Recipe
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls
Jambalya Recipe from New Orleans
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...