A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Craftsters in Gainesville?  (Read 1300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Creative Dragonfly

"Now I don't want a flea's breath of doubt."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2009 01:04:30 AM »

I was looking at the other topics and noticed that a few craftsters wanted to get to together for a local craft group in Gainesville. The last post date on that forum was back in Dec. 2008.
Anyways, what I'm wondering is, is there a craft group in Gainesville? I really would love to have some crafting buddies.

And if there isn't, would anyone like to start one?

-Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back and would love to make some new crafting friends!
feedthesquirrels
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010 03:19:39 PM »

I know it's been a while since this was posted, but I hope you're still around! I was actually trying to organize a craft group through livejournal last fall, but that fell through due to my job and lack of time. I have a lot more time on my hands now (thanks, layoff!) and am trying to come up with ideas again and see if I can work this thing out. But even if this doesn't work out as a "group" thing I'd still love to meet some other craftsters in the area. I moved here a year ago to be closer to my boyfriend and still don't know a lot of people. I'm mostly into sewing and reconstructing clothes. I know some basic knitting and would like to learn more. I've dabbled in cake decorating and screenprinting in the past (my boyfriend runs a screenprinting shop and his business partner's wife is a professional cake decorator so they have me beat there). Let me know if you're still interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my sewing adventures at http://shonastitches.blogspot.com
sassafras

The Sassy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010 09:13:54 AM »

There are indeed a lot of crafty types in Gainesville, but to my knowledge, there still isn't a formalized group that meets. I keep thinking about trying to organize one, but just haven't carved out the time amidst the other things I do.

The good news is that we are having an indie craft show here in Gainesville this fall! GLAM Indie Craft Show will take place Sunday, Dec. 5 from 1-5pm at the Thelma Boltin Center. Even if you aren't sure you're ready to sell your creations at a show, it's a blast to just come and hang out with other crafty types. All the crafters last year raved about how great it was to meet other cool crafters. Plus we're having a DJ and yummy food for sale, so it's a great way to spend an afternoon.

If you're interested in being a vendor, applications are being accepted through the month of September via http://glamcraftshow.com/apply. Apply early, since spaces are limited.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

................... ................... ................... ...........
           <<  www.sassycrafter.co m  >>
                     crafty repurposing
................... ................... ................... ...........
feedthesquirrels
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010 01:41:50 PM »

I haven't checked here in a long time so sorry for the delay, but I did actually start up a craft group over the summer and we're doing really well! We've got members who knit, crochet, sew, scrapbook, make hula hoops, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. You can join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=135081733171108 and make sure to "like" our page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gainesville-Area-Craftsters/148832778479896) if you want to get updates in your news feed.

We meet the first and third Tuesday of each month from 6-8pm at Coffee Culture. Occasionally we meet at the Millhopper Library for bigger projects (basically anything that involves lugging in a sewing machine). Come join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my sewing adventures at http://shonastitches.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Cranberry Ginger Jelly Recipe
How to Make a Pumpkin Cream Pie
Thanksgiving Day Pie Tips
Baking The Perfect Pie
Tell Me Why: Pies!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...