A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MJ...working on 'Festival Stock'  (Read 6101 times)
Tags for this thread: beaded , cuff , michael_jackson , bead_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadsbeadingbeaded
« on: August 11, 2009 03:42:17 PM »

Mihana and I have been talking and sharing some wonderful beading chat...I love her cuffs, and I guess she can tell, I too am a 'wide beaded cuff lover'! In one of our recent talks, I promised I would share this latest cuff, just finished (looming about 2-3 a week, right now  Roll Eyes), with her. Then I thought how I never put any of my work here on this forum, but love to visit and see other's beading for inspiration.

Here is a cuff I decided to make, along with all the others I am making to show/sell at the one and only Art Festival I apply each year, in October. My daughter suggested MJ, so I graphed one out and beaded this.

As with all my beading, I like to include a 'splash' or more of 3D. I decided his 'infamous' strands of hair would be perfect! These are strung 3mm Jet Black Swarovski Crystals and some Opague Black Delicas to make the thinnest portions of each strand.

Every cuff I create, I lay out a pallete of Delicas, and paint the picture on my loom, selecting the beads that I think will be best recreating the colors in the picture I use. I have been doing this style of looming for so long, that I am getting better at selecting the right color beads but still find my mistakes using 'matte next to AB's'!

Mihana, it is wonderful sharing info with you, especially during this 'rush' time for me!!!

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit My Gallery of Bead Art:
www.beadsbeadingbeaded.com

Join in to learn about Bead Looming:
www.beadsbeadingbeaded.blogspot.com
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009 03:59:21 PM »

Shocked This is awesome! I love the 3d accent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009 04:27:35 PM »

This is incredible! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
JAM4ever
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009 04:33:28 PM »

Erin, your cuffs are insane!!!!  I was hoping tonight would be the night I would get to see this infamous MJ Cuff--I can't believe my eyes.  The curl you were talking about the other night is so much cooler than I could have imagined (and I have a pretty vivd imagination Smiley ).  I hope some day to see these pieces in person, guess it'll be a good excuse to travel up North sometime.

Thanks for sharing, and as always, WOW!

Mihana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JAM4ever
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009 04:34:33 PM »

Oh yeah, and I hit the "this Rocks" button too :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009 04:45:06 PM »

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!

or, I at least want to make it.  Cheesy

this is awesome, and I love how you used the beads to form his hair in 3D.  that is so cool!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
beadsbeadingbeaded
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009 04:52:00 PM »

Yeah Mihana! You made this easy to complete....we should keep talking about what's next "for us both"!
Me, 'steamed crabs' with a small lampwork beer, dangling charm! LOL!

Thanks so much everyone! It is great to take some time and show what you bead, othere then your family members seeing so much and saying, "Oh yeah, good one Mom!"...I prefer to talk 'b-e-a-d' with 'those in the know', like here on this forum!

Now, not wanting to clean up on his death, I may make a few more, but havent' decided yet. I have so many ideas and only til October to finish!

Thanks everyone! I'll take any ideas you may have, on other popular subject matters!  Grin

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JAM4ever
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009 05:14:10 PM »

Yeah Mihana! You made this easy to complete....we should keep talking about what's next "for us both"!
Me, 'steamed crabs' with a small lampwork beer, dangling charm! LOL!

Thanks so much everyone! It is great to take some time and show what you bead, othere then your family members seeing so much and saying, "Oh yeah, good one Mom!"...I prefer to talk 'b-e-a-d' with 'those in the know', like here on this forum!

Now, not wanting to clean up on his death, I may make a few more, but havent' decided yet. I have so many ideas and only til October to finish!

Thanks everyone! I'll take any ideas you may have, on other popular subject matters!  Grin

Erin

Do you do Holiday themed cuffs?  I was thinking that a poinsettia cuff with jingle bells would be something fun to make for December?  Or..  Ooooh, if you want to steal my heart you could do a tattoo themed one--kinda like the Ed Hardy line?  I can give you some reference images if you need 'em.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadsbeadingbeaded
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009 05:50:19 PM »

Whoa, what a great idea....Tatoo Line...many would like that!

Yes, I have made Christmas Holiday cuffs....I won't post a picture here, but if you want to see one, I would have to direct you to my website. Either way, I feel horrible about showing more of my work....I'm shy at heart!  Cool If you can't find it, I'll send a picture to you!

Come on Mihana, maybe I got your beading blood boiling!!! You do it to me!!
Right now, I am pulling out trays of Delicas to start another painting...mostly in shades of clay...for the steamed crabs..

Oh Yeah, as for visiting, where do you live?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JAM4ever
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009 06:05:16 PM »

I'm down in the dirty South--Southern Georgia that is.  I'm originally from the West Coast, and my hubby and I moved to the East Coast about 3 years ago.  I'm ashamed to say that the farthest North I've been is well, Northern Georgia.  I NEED to get outta this state!

Anyway, as far as tattoo themed cuffs go, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a koi fish with water splashing, and some cherry blossoms thrown in for good measure.  Traditional Japanese style tattoo work, know what I mean?  Now I want to start loom work!

Let me know if you want me to help image search for you--I have tons of flash in my closet (I used to own a couple of shops), and I'm sure that there's plenty of art to be had online!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock a Major Jeweled Accent Nail on Prom Night
Get a Reverse French Manicure For Prom
How to Create the Perfect Cat-Eye on the Fly
How to Get the Flushed Cheeks Look
How to Get a Natural Sun-Kissed Glow
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...