A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: China?  (Read 3421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SlyBetty
Non-stop crafty bandit

Get Ur Craft On

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010 06:33:53 PM »

If you don't have Chinese speaking friend on hand, you can always bring a ruler and a calculator with you. One thing I learned about Beijingers is that they want to make that sale. They won't let a little thing like language get in the way. Be brave, my crafty friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pattisezhang
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011 04:49:31 AM »

Why there is so few people?  Angry Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saralynne
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011 12:26:21 PM »

Hello!
I am going to be visiting Shanghai soon, and wondered if anyone has tips on where to buy craft supplies- specifically fabrics and yarn super cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011 04:33:13 AM »

Hi there.

I havent been to Shanghai since 2001, so I can't be really specific. Thet great thing about Chinese merchants is they gather together by what they sell, so if you ask around you will be able to find the fabric district. Ask wherever you're staying and often someone can call someone they know who knows someone who knows. Knitting is big with Chinese women so finding knitting stuff shouldn't be a problem.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
c*lientje
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011 04:59:59 PM »

Hello, I'm about to move to China in three weeks time - exciting! I'm going to be spending the first month in Beijing to do a teaching English course, and towards the end of August I will be moving to a yet unknown city anywhere in China where I'll be teaching in English at a local school for one semester. Afterwards, I'll have two weeks to travel from Beijing back to Hong Kong before I'll fly back home. I'm already looking forward to spending my free weekends browsing through local shops to pick up supplies so I can do a bit of crafting during my internship Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
femiknit
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011 08:08:14 AM »

I'm moving to Shanghai in August and I'm a knitting fool so I'll fill you in on where to find yarn once I get there.  I'm excited to hear that the Chinese like to knit.  I don't want to be a lonely knitter while I'm there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's your life, you can decorate it as you like ~ ben folds five
c*lientje
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011 07:39:55 AM »

Am currently living in Foshan, but I haven't been able to find anything more crafty than origami paper yet. (Having said that, those little origami stars are addictive...!) So I'll keep looking around for some shops. Finding a bead and/or papercraft shop would be a dream come true...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PARTNERS! If you send me anything after Dec 5th, PM me for my Dutch address, do NOT send anything to China after this date! Thanks!

Current swaps:
November Ongoing ATC swap *sent / December Ongoing ATC swap *crafting / Jar of Stars *sent / OIS *sent / December Birthday swap *designing and planni
schnerby
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011 01:44:25 AM »

I've found plastic beads for making those odd little macrame-style sculptures around, but had trouble finding any others. Art supply/calligraphy places all have a range of fun papers and you could always watercolour/ink them for more colourful finishes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot a Ballerina Session
How to Budget Light techniques
How to Create Simple lighting
How to Create Lighting for a Shoot
How to Calibrate your Camera part 1/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...