A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite Movie-In-A-Box Swap  (Read 12148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LittleJoi
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009 05:23:51 PM »

Brooklynne you did a great job. There based off the movie White Oleander with Michele Phiffer she is evil and lovely all at the same time. I think I'm going to watch it again tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: Sweet crafty goodness from me to you http://www.deliciousstitches.blogspot.com/
trampycouture
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009 06:43:46 PM »

Get ready for this awesome package from Alexandra-the-Great. We shared a lot of the same movies. We both love Harry Potter, for one:
\
It's a crocheted golden snitch! Ya know, it's part of the game of Quiddich they play.

Also, some golden snitch earrings in Gryffindor House colors. (My favorite house)

and last but not least in the Harry Potter set...

A sweet wand!! It's so awesome. I am going to use it in my classroom (I'm an English teacher) as a pointer! NOTE: My husband is wearing a SNUGGIE! (We joke that it looks like a wizard robe)

Now on to another of my favorite movies..Sweeney Todd!!

It's some razor blade earrings with blood droplet beads! How creative!

AHHHHHH!!! Sweeney Todd sliced my neck!! (Not, really. It's a crocheted choker that looks a helluva lot like blood from far away!! Hello Halloween costume!)

And last but not least...

My Sweeney Todd doll! I LOVE LOVE LOVE him!

another closer shot:

As you can see, my husband and I had a great time posing with our new stuff! Thanks Alexandra-the-Great! You ROCK!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexandra-the-Great
~Chronic-Costumer~

~Better than Alexander the Great~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009 06:51:49 PM »

Hahaha! I'm so glad you like everything. I had a blast making them! My dog destroyed my first Sweeney Todd doll, whose head I eventually found outside.  Shocked But the next one I made turned out loads better. Happy accident, I guess. The wand was likely the hardest part. The first wand I have ever made, but I has so much fun doing it! I am going to make, like, fifty!  Cheesy I love the fact that you'll use it as a pointer! I love when things have a fun and also practical use.  Grin

And I love the action shot of your husband! Looks like he is about to go curse some Dark Lord ass!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hats Don't Kill People. People IN Hats Kill People!
http://alexandra-the-great.webs.com/
http://www.wists.com/Alexandra-the-Great
trampycouture
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009 06:54:12 PM »

I need to take an up-close version of the wand to show off your hard work. I promise I'll do that soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joesuplicki
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009 07:11:43 PM »

So I got this friggen awesome package today and I will try to do it justice through pictures. I was floored by the complete awesomeness and Quality of the work and the usefulness of the items, I loved every single part of this package and I'm sorry everyone else but I definitely got the best partner in this swap  Wink So without further adieu you will now be assaulted with a ton of pictures
My Box-O-Awesomeness Arrived

Boxes Within A Box

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch So I might Blow mine enemies to smithereens

The Full Effect. The verses from the book of armaments is written inside two deck cases painted to look like books. This whole thing is made to carry my magic the gathering cards, I can't wait till Friday to show it off at our game night. There are also mini hand grenades to be used as counters and a dice bag with the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog on it. Frigging Awesome!!!

Inside of the deck cases were these boxes

and inside two necklaces one from Serenity and one from Pans Labyrinth (Which my wife has claimed)

The Next this was complete awesomeness first of all this is part of my collection in my office

I love ewoks. Especially Wicket W. Warrick in this photo you can see I have one still in the original package, one original open, one of the re-released one and one bobble head... So this Key chain was Excellent!!! And I don't think my partner knew I was ewok obsessed.

Now Last Was these two awesome glasses etched with Characters from one of my favorite movies Forbidden Planet. Now these were a little hard to photograph so these picture do not do them justice but they are awesome. And I used them tonight with dinner.

For my first swap package this was probably the bst one I will ever receive, I should probably quite while I'm ahead  Grin I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did, and again I cannot say how much I loved everything in this package. Thank you tcmatteson!!!!!!!

This is the mat that I did not find, I finally got a moment to add it. It also is awesome.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009 07:13:41 PM by Joesuplicki » THIS ROCKS   Logged
trampycouture
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009 07:16:22 PM »

Wow, amazing stuff! I love the ewok key chain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chrispykreme
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009 07:26:24 PM »

Wow!! These were some awesome packages. I love that faun box!

trampycouture -- that picture of your husband in the snuggie is hilarious and it does look like a wizard's robe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009 08:16:59 PM »

Aww... thanks Smiley Oh- and I think I forgot to tell Joe that the top part of the box has velcros to it and there's a gaming mat that lives up there... maybe he'll post a picture of it later when he finds it. Unfortunately my camera died before I could take pictures of it, so I can't show it off myself Sad

I had so much fun working on that set. I don't play Magic, but it was fun researching all the supplies that go with the system, and I learned a lot! Plus, I got to watch the "killer rabbit" part of MP's Holy Grail A LOT, it just got funnier with each viewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
HarleyQuinn
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009 09:49:20 PM »

Hey,
just updating again... I unfortunately haven't made it to the post office yet, I'M SOOOO SORRY!!! I promise to get my package out ASAP, and I'll keep you updated as things go along...

Sorry Again!!! Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsJamieLeigh
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009 07:51:35 AM »

both of these packages are amazing!!! I adore the sliced bloody neck! =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vanilla-Bean Baked Apples
How to Make a Tofu Chocolate Pudding Pie
Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Gooey Salted Caramel Pecan Pie Recipe
How to Make a Ginger Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...