A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,652
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need scrapbook layout ideas  (Read 1123 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachek
« on: August 10, 2009 09:22:13 PM »

My 2 year old niece says "I love you to the moon and the stars in the sky" every time I leave after babysitting her or just visiting her. I would like to make a scrapbook page with that as my theme. My mind is blank with ideas. I tried to make a page with a moon and stars on a dark blue background. But it just didn't look right. I wasn't sure how and where to place those words. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009 02:26:36 PM »

I would make the layout into two pages. That way you could split the phrase up. Whenever I make makes with phrases I usually use the bottom or top of one page to start the phrase and then on the second page I'll put the rest on the opposite of the page. So if one page one I put the phrase at the bottom, page two would have it at the top. But your phrase is kind of long so you may have to utilize top and bottom. I think that if you just found some star printed paper that had a blue background that would be nice and then you could see if you can find some embellishments or other stickers with moons on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
crafty_one

Home is where the Nintendo is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009 12:50:06 PM »

You could also use the phrase as journalling on your page, on a tag, typed on some vellum, get some strips of paper and make journalling strips, or even use a pre made journalling card, theres heaps on the market that I'm sure you could find one in that theme, if not just make your own journalling card.
Good luck with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

makingstamps
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009 02:34:52 AM »

Scrapbook Layout Idea: Newspaper style
A unique scrapbook layout idea is to document your families "exciting news" photos in tabloid style. Choose an old English style script for the headlines and a Times Roman font for the journaling. Lay out your photos and journaling in columns, just like a newspaper. Sporting events, birthdays, wedding proposals, etc. all lend themselves to this type of scrapbook page layout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper Shred Jane
Freelancer, Crafter Hobbyist

Hello, fella craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009 10:45:34 AM »

I like the two page layout. I would also put words in the shape of a sun and in the shape of a crescent moon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are several crafts you can do with paper shredder shreds, use it to stuff your creations or for paper dolls...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motion 3: 3D Background Quick Tip
Motion 3: Random Mask Trick
Motion 3: Cool Text Trick
Motion 3: Removing Blemishes from Videos
Motion 3: Focusing Microscope
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...