A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pirate Wench Costume & Accessories  (Read 2165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kylieultra
hippopotophile

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2005 03:07:22 AM »

I've looked across the forums and haven't found a thread *qyuite* like this.

It's National Youth Week in Aus and my town/ community are putting on an event called Carnivala, which is basically going to be like a Jesters Court, with bands, a Bocce tournament, bearded ladies, firebreathers etc. Which is where I come in.

My friend is basically a pirate. Hehe. (he looks like a pirate, especially when he dresses up) So he's going to be the star of the 'Fight The Pirate' Stand, and I'm his backing Wenchie Cheesy.

So. I'm pretty much reconstructing things I have into a wenchy outfit - A big white tee-shirt is turning into an off the shoulder ruffled peasant top, a black skirt is getting cut piratey, and the bottom of the teeshirt is going to get striped red and be all pretty with trim etc on the skity.

I'm also wearing white tights and my knee high chunky CFM boots.

So I think I havea  wenchy thing happening, but I'm not sure about accesories or mamkeup or anything like that -

I'm thinking a red headband/ bandanna thing, an eyepatch, I have an old antiquey pirate looking brooch to put on my skirt. I'm thinking maybe a denim patch of a skull and crossbones.

And as for makeup - any ideas? I was thinking red lipstick, and smudgy blue eys with lots of eyeliner. Messy chunky hair.

Overall, I'm thinking something similar to this, but without the bustier/ corset and a little less 'sexy'

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005 09:05:28 AM »

I <3 pirates.
Definitely lots of smudgy dark eye makeup.  I would buy white lace and sew it onto the peasant top.  If you don't mind destroying your tights, then cut some holes in them and make some ladders (runs).  You could pin a feather or two onto your headband/bandanna, and do some of those beads-in-the-hair that looked so hot on Jack Sparrow.  (Actually, he's also a great example of pirate eye makeup.  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005 10:59:03 AM »

Really dark eyeliner would be cool. Pls post piccies when u've finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Things to Slow Aging at Any Age
Amy Shearn on The Mermaid of Brooklyn
Waking Up in Heaven by Crystal McVea
Kid Rated. Mom Approved: Episode 3
Wool by Hugh Howey
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...