A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally ! First Batch o' CP Soap !  (Read 1055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclecticlyfe
« on: August 09, 2009 07:55:00 AM »

I've been doing melt n' pour but this is my first batch of CP ! I'm so excited. This is from the recipie from the soap tutorial by o'happyday.(search site to find tut.) I'm going to attempt to attatch pictures.
This is the Basic Olive Oil soap recipie (w/ coconut oil)- the vegan recipie. Next time I'm going to add the lard so I can see the differences in how it processes. I was a little nervous about the measuring because it seemed that the scale switched from oz to grams in the middle of my measuring- but I think it turned out okay. Someone else mentioned that you may want to have an extra mold ready- I shoulda had it ready- I scrambled and came up with a small 'side-dish' for the extra. I was also impatient with how long it takes the lye-solution to cool down to temp.- I guess I should have realized that but anyway that was the longest part of the process. The soap smelled just fantastic even though it's 'unscented' the olive oil had a delicious fruity smell-made me want to bake bread next- but I was like 'hey my oven will be occupied for the next 15 hours' LOL. I was very curious about how long the whole process would take i.e. how long would my husband need to keep the children occupied in the back yard while I played around in the kitchen. For others needing to schedule their time so tightly I say give yourself an hour from set-up to clean-up. I did some basic cleaning and wiping down of surfaces while waiting for the lye-solution to cool down.  ANYWAY....I'm hooked !
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009 08:20:25 AM by Eclecticlyfe - Reason: add credits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something."  Lao Tzu
fluxxii
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009 08:04:44 AM »

Awesome, it turned out great! I made the same exact recipe from the same tutorial last night, and I also plan on making the same recipe with lard soon. Cheesy Did yours come out really oily?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLUXXII.COM: online consignment for indie artists
Eclecticlyfe
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009 04:59:43 PM »

I wouldn't say it came out oily - but it was certainly more soft than I expected. I'm guessing it will harden up as it cures. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out with the lard too- I'm thinking that I've read that it comes out firmer with the lard. We'll see. I've been reading so many of the posts and threads etc. that I think I'm getting some of my info confused in my head. But I'll certainly say I liked this tut. by o'happyday- something I could understand and work with- Woo Hoo ! I get easily confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To become learned, each day add something. To become enlightened, each day drop something."  Lao Tzu
lizardesigns
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009 05:31:48 AM »

Awesome work! I just made my first 2 batches of CP soap on the weekend - it is very addictive, isn't it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009 08:29:04 PM »

Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Eclecticlyfe
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009 05:15:24 PM »

"Tested" it out- It cleans like a champ. It is softer than I thought it would be though. I'm thinking that when I try it with the Lard it will be harder. (?)
Also just for fun ~ I tried re-batching some just to see how it would be compared to M&P. It never got liquid (unless impatience caught me just short of liquid state). But it was soft like butter- attempted to add some EO's and I smooshed them into my MP molds and waited. I unmolded them when they were firm (out of the freezer). They are REALLY soft though- I don't know if they will firm-up as the little bit of liquid evaporates.Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KellyMilly
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009 10:17:24 PM »

Those look really nice. I love making soap! Been a while, though. Off to search for that tutorial...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
After Effects - Dead Planet
After Effects - Set Extentions
How to Add Demon Face Warp in After Effects
How to Transform Day to Night in After Effects
3DS Max 9 - Importing Poser Models to 3DS Max P.1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...