A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $6 Candy Corn Inspired Nails for Autumn/Fall  (Read 1315 times)
Tags for this thread: candy_corn  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2011 06:03:24 PM »

Happy Autumn! I donít know about where you live, but we are CELEBRATING down here in Florida! We have been pretty consistently in the 90s for ages it seems and its FINALLY getting a little cooler!

In honor of our non-sweatering-melt-when-you-walk-out-the-door-and-drip-in-humidity weather, I have decided to do another round of marble nails inspired by candy corn and beautiful fall and autumn colors, all for $6 dollars! I made a complete list of my processes and colors I used (with commentary, of course!) and listed it out in detail here: http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2011/10/6-candy-corn-inspired-nails-for.html

Take a look! I need to do a tad more cleaning up, but I just HAD to share with you! I love them!

They look absolutely adorable out in the sun. I think these are great because they arenít too in your face orange-y , but still give off that candy corn vibe. These have such a great shimmer to them and look amazingly shiny and sparkly in the sun!

What do you think of them?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetlysurreal6
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011 06:10:42 PM »

Woah, how cool!  I love how they look like autumn and Halloween without being too literal.  Thanks for the tut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my NEW Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/twobeescreations

Trade stuff for free on Listia!
My listia shop: http://www.listia.com/profile/691241
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011 06:11:50 PM »

woo hoo for cooler weather, it has been miserable this summer on Florida.
As for the nails, holy moly I love them!  Great work, I get so tired of boring orange but I love the variety of shades you used. 
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011 06:40:20 PM »

Woah, how cool!  I love how they look like autumn and Halloween without being too literal.  Thanks for the tut!

Thanks! That is EXACTLY what I was going for! I would be very hesitant to do a straight orange finger, but this look really incorporates some of the yellows and golds that I'm sure can be found SOMEWHERE, just not here in FL. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011 06:41:40 PM »

woo hoo for cooler weather, it has been miserable this summer on Florida.
As for the nails, holy moly I love them!  Great work, I get so tired of boring orange but I love the variety of shades you used. 
Great job!

It has been! We went to Disney today for the food and wine festival, and while it was in the 80s, it was still pretty darn hot out in the sun!
You should try and marble your nails! Once you get the hang of it, it is sooo much fun! This in only my third or fourth attempt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011 11:57:21 PM »

Very fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
milllie
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011 06:15:53 PM »

I LOVE this idea!  and I had no idea that Walgreen's sells $1 nail polish...I think I'll be stopping by a store sometime this week so I can try this design Smiley it looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011 06:45:20 AM »

I LOVE this idea!  and I had no idea that Walgreen's sells $1 nail polish...I think I'll be stopping by a store sometime this week so I can try this design Smiley it looks great!

They do! It's called "sinful" and its almost always in a display shelf on one of the sides of the cosmetics register counter. Normally they are $1.99 a bottle, which is still cheap, but usually once every month or so they go on sale for just $1! Can't beat that. I have to limit myself each time on how many to get!!

I've also recently found that Big Lots, or at least the store near me, has TONS of nail polish that's usually a dollar or two a bottle! And they are name brands like CG and what not that have just been discontinued or they have started producing the next seasons colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milllie
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011 05:42:33 PM »

I've also recently found that Big Lots, or at least the store near me, has TONS of nail polish that's usually a dollar or two a bottle! And they are name brands like CG and what not that have just been discontinued or they have started producing the next seasons colors!

oh my, I can tell this information is going to be a problem for me...thanks for sharing though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011 06:59:52 PM »

oh my, I can tell this information is going to be a problem for me...thanks for sharing though! Smiley

hahaha you don't even know! I literally have started going ok, you can buy 5 (of the $1 or $2 ones) ONLY if they are on sale at walgreens, or in one big lots trip....but then I had to limit my trips to big lots since its always cheap! Its addicting! Now to figure out where to store all of the polishes.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Your Hair with a Flat Iron: Messy Look
How to Get Big Hair
How to Deal with Hair Breakage
How to Curl Your Hair with a Flat Iron: Glam Look
How to Deal with Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...