A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
813 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does anyone else hate UO?  (Read 711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 10, 2005 10:38:23 PM »

I HATE URBAN OUTFITTERS!! I'm not tired, so i was browsing craftster. i saw someone link something, which led me to urbanoutfitters . com.  I looked while i was there, and got weirdly mad and jealous. It's cool that the boho, beaded jewelry look is in now. it is. But I've been rocking it forever. I make my own stuff, don't buy it.  I am irrationally mad though..lol.  I hate that trendy teen's are going to start dressing like me now!! Seriously, I feel dumb for getting mad..lol. Anyone else feel like this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Shmooey
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005 11:04:14 PM »

Well i dont feel upset, but i know what you mean. Although, think of all the fashionistas out there that this has ALWAYS happened to. The way the fashion world is- people (like you for example, and others) wear what they like, and what they think looks great blah blah blah.... even when its different from whats currently 'in'. Now, companies like UO talk to big corperations that are out there in the world as fasion hunters (aka cool hunters) and they find out that new, fresh look that people are sporting... then they report back to UO and other minions and BAM its a trend, and ANYONE can get their grubby little hands on it. Its cool because people higher up said it was cool, because they saw it on someone walking down the street.

Its inevitable. And it will fade away into the next trend, upsetting other people that feel like they started it... meh... thats how it works, and always has. Nothing to get upset over- just keep doing your thing. If you get so sick of seeing it on other people, your tastes will change and you will hate that stuff, and make something new and unique to wear. TADA you are safe from the rest of the fashion-trend-following mob...... for now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005 11:30:39 PM »

lol..thanks. i dont know why i get so aggrivated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candi_
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005 11:45:56 PM »

i dont know off hand wat Urban Outfitters is basically because i havent ever seen one in australia but i know whta u mean all the stuff i liek to wear has come into fashion now heree and  there calling it "punk" ......i just thoguth it was purdie colours and clothes i liekd but now theres all these people going oh shes so punk and me to because i bought this safety pin belt, while me my self dont liek to label anything but its the label of the new fashion  Huh:| it kills me damn....actully quite funni Cheesy to see  everyone dressed the same here and callin ppl posers randomly when last year i got called a freak for wearing coloured socks ..yes a few ppl came up to me at a shop and said omg u freak ur socks dont match ....i could of turned around and said well ur skirt is the size of my belt but hey i didnt....  Lips sealed anywya sorry if im off the topic felt like putting in my two cents worth even if it doesnt make any sense
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005 12:03:22 AM »

lol, i'm glad other people get aggrivated too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixx
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005 12:16:22 AM »

i remember years and years ago, when no one even knew about this store.  i went there for the houseware goodies, because they had some pretty strange stuff.  but i never really remembered the clothes being so trendy as they are now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
hobaker
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005 12:18:25 AM »

It throws my thrift store hopping adventures out of whack. I want to wear what i like, but I don't want to look like a trendy mook.

It's so frustrating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't lose when you lose fake friends!

Cheesy
theantihipster
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005 12:09:58 AM »

if it makes you all feel better, or worse, Urband Outfitters actually started out as a head shop.

however, I found this out because my friend was going to get my boyfriend a good job with benefits and reasonable hours at the local UO, only to be led around jumping through hoops like a lapdog for weeks until we find out that they hired the guy who has issues with showing up on time & a drinking problem.

needless to say I have my own issues with the company, but I already did before the job-getting debacle occurred.

However, I'll take issue with Wal-Mart before I do with Urban Outfitters. In the meantime, this company will send me their catalogs for free which tell me what I can make with my own hands that are IN style, not just myh style, and I can happily rip off their ideas and sell my own new, improved versions.

Don't hate, re-create!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my new etsy shop! come see! come see!

www.madebylaurenb.e tsy.com my new stuff
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005 02:15:47 PM »

Instead of getting mad, think of it as free advertising. They're basically going to be advertising your look for your for nothing. Take advantage and tell people UO is copying YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Cat Book Trailer
Author Mark Oppenheimer on His New Book Wisenheimer
Meet Author Karl Rove
Comedienne Heather McDonald Talks About Her Pet Peeve and Favorite TV Show
Mitchell Coombes Talks About the Spiritual World
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...