A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
820 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Swap Round 14, Shrine N Stuff! Gallery!  (Read 13097 times)
Tags for this thread: zentangle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FREYA369
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2009 12:13:41 PM »

Sorry everyone, I said I would post a while ago and I've been dealing with some issues.  Thank you for your patience!

Ronda really spoiled me!  I love the shrine she made!  Here is the outside.  I requested one that I could take on business trips with me to give courage and such while I do presentations.  It is about 6 inches by 4 inches, the perfect size.

She chose to use Freya as the Diety which is perfect!  Here is the right side of the shrine.

And the left.  On the back there is information about Freya.  I love all the trinkets glued around it.  I especially like the bottom with the kitty and the bowl where you can place a stone (pictured is a garnet).

Here is a picture of both sides together.  I really love this and can't wait to take it with me for my next trip!

Ronda also sent me some beautiful fabrics:

She also sent some stones.  These are the first ones I've gotten and can't wait to use them in spellwork!  Here's a list of them: black tourmaline, kyanite, selenite, rutilated quartz, gold rutiles, red jasper, red tiger eye, carnelian, citrine, tiger eye, unakite, blue lace agate, blue tiger eye, amethyst, lepidolite, botwana agate, crystal quartz, amber, and garnet.

Lastly, she sent me a TON of candles because I was getting low.  Here are the bigger ones:

And here are the smaller ones:

Thank you SO MUCH Ronda!  I LOVE everything!

Freya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2009 12:31:16 PM »

Looks fabulous jennieingram

Thank you dear!  And thank you again for all the excellent help and advice you gave.  It was very generous of you.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2009 02:42:15 PM »

Oh Rhonda what a gorgeous shrine you made! I love the wood? exterior and the staining. The inside is awesome - I see those rocks:) I don't know what you were worried about! It's a beautiful tribute to Freja!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2009 02:53:33 PM »

Hi, I got my package from Chibi and I am sorry I have not posted any pictures. I have been dealing with a lot of stuff right now, including a house full of the flu. Would not be so bad since they all got it after I caught it, but my lungs seem to be a bit poor on the intake of oxygen. Anyway, Here is the lovely lot that was sent to me. Thank you so much as I really needed the candles for sure. I hope you enjoyed the anime that I sent you.

Also, has an important enough statement and possible query. LOL During our next swap, I will definitely try and get into, if things are going better by then. Anyway, I really have to start a serious transition in my eating habits, but before I do, does anyone in the north such as our lovely 13 colonies know where to pick up some Funny Bones (peanut butter and chocolate cake snacks by Drakes, if memory serves me right.) I have been craving these stupid things for  the last 2 years. Anyway, if so let me know, so that I can send money or something. They just do not sell them in TN. sniff. That last time memory thing, before I have to go through some stuff. LOL Love you guys. Gotta get some homework done for the morrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2009 05:00:46 PM »

I did NOT decorate the outside of that shirine - it was a little wooden box that had already been decorated on the outside and I was thinking when I saw it how easy to hide it's hidden purpose from eyes that wouldn't understand...  Roll Eyes

like I could have done that great a job, LOL!  Shocked

and I do see that the glue on the stones above Freya's head is quite thick - sorry about that...  Undecided

Radmom - glad you like chibi's package - she actually sent you duplicates of a few things she got for herself (the bell, the candle holders, the smaller ritual candles) - then she raided my fabric for you, LOL! the FQ with the batik cats was her fav and she almost kept it, LOL! I would have sent it on to Freya if she hadn't sent it to you!

back in a bit to post pics of my fab treasures!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
FREYA369
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2009 05:53:53 PM »

Ronda, really, there was not too much glue!  It doesn't look like that in real life, I think the camera flash made the glue more shiny/obvious.  I Really, Really *love* the shrine you made me.  *Gives big hug*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009 05:55:06 PM »

first off - this is my shrine!

close up of the skull:  which is just so COOL!

I opened the shrine to look at the rocks inside and the skull fell off so I put it inside...  Roll Eyes

here is the story - I asked her for something south-westerny to go with my bedroom, which is the only room in the house with not much for decore  Undecided

what's on one wall of my bedroom:  
and my bed  blanket has a wolf on it

other than the giant green and blue dresser with a few things on it along the wall with the closet, another window on the other side of the bed on an otherwise bare wall, and the nightstands with a phone and a few other things on it (my hubby's lava lamp and a few of my rocks, LOL) - that is it

here is my dresser top now:  Grin

at least my half of it - hubby has his half full with a perverted elf that sings disgusting things, and a pile of the laundry he hasn't put away in hopes I will do it for him but I won't (he is not my child - and I don't even fold the childrens laundry anymore!)

the End of the Trail print and the Hopi Indian village print I got when my father passed from my mom as things she knew I would appreciate - turns out that I have been chatting with the daughter of the fellow who painted the original of the End of the Trail painting via emails and so it is even more special to me, and that other pic is really cool - it is a print of a photograph by some famous guy

anyway - there is a little waterfall that I never did put water in that I got from Luna a while ago, the only necklaces I own which I don't wear but Toby gave me, and some rocks including this little pile which is an element shrine in disguise  Grin

including this great malachite Freya sent me  

Extras: a whole bag full of leafy things I will have to check through when someone is here with me...

and for chibi a container with a pentacle/crescent moon on it for her altar!

she will love it!

thank you so much Freya! it is wonderful!

Ronda
Blessings!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 05:08:44 AM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2009 06:36:08 PM »

I really love native american art/design, and End of the Trail is one of my favorites pieces of art. I've seen it in painting and in carved marble. I hope in the future to get more crafted items like the shrine you got, It's sooo pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS

« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2009 07:10:24 PM »

it is even more cool in person! It is hard to tell from the photo but it is very three dimensional - I love it!

I can't stop grinning about it, LOL!  Grin

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2009 03:41:00 AM »

WOW I love the Naive American theme - I think anyone would be glad to receive such a beautiful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 5/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 6/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 4/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 20/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 24/26
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...