A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Western Australia  (Read 21849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

inoriz
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2007 06:54:43 AM »

good to see some interest... any ideas for location or activities?

Hmmm, I've not been around Perth much, so it's best that you gals name the location. Hahaha.
It's summer time now so preferably indoors or under shade would be better for the skin.

Activities... hmmm.... knitting? Crochet? Picnic?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2007 03:41:48 PM »

Lincraft in Perth have it too, behind the counter with the calicos and interfacing and the like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2007 03:52:43 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm new (well, quite new) to Perth and even newer to knitting.
Hope to make some friends that share the same interest as me here.

So far, I've only been to Spotlight and Crossways to get my yarn.
Do share if you guys know of any other good yarn stores!  Grin

Cheers!

Inoriz, come to Stitch'n'Bitch! Monday nights at Exomod cafe in Mt Lawley. It's on Beaufort St between Hungry Jacks and the Flying Scotsman. We're very friendly, promise. We range from 'Hey - you guys could teach me to knit!' upwards in skill level. You can check out our poorly updated blog ta http://craftyaction.blogspot.com. I think the contact email is out of date though, so if you pm me your email address I can get you added to the e-mail reminder list, if you'd like.

Crossways is the best, imo. There's the Subiaco store and the Fremantle one, and they do have slightly different stock I think. Calico&Ivy is in Mosman Park and is very beautiful and glamourous and expensive and the staff can be rude. Mind, the last couple of times I've been in they've been much, much nicer, so I'm wondering if they finally twigged to their poor-service reputation. It's worth going for a bit of a yarn-perve.

I haven't been to the Bilby Yarns store, only their booth at the Royal Show and it's sparked a fiery, fiery passion. They're sort of the store front for a small collective of people that breed coloured sheep. The sheepies are shorn and their wool divided into colour batches, then some of it is handspun by local spinners and some is sent east for machine spinning. Some of the machine-spun stuff is also overdyed. They also have finished products and needles and spinning gear and dyes too, and they are just the NICEST people. My boy, who has never shown any interest in my knitting, bought $100 worth of handspun so I can knit him a jumper because he liked the booth's friendliness/ knowledge/ attitude to yarn. Oh, and their prices aren't monstrous either. The handspun works out to $6 per 50g! They're somewhere south of the river - Booragoon, or Willeton. They have a website too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indienial
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2007 04:12:27 PM »

Lupin & Inoriz, the www.craftyaction.blogspot.com email address is mine cos I used to be in charge of the S'n'B mailing list. It's not out of date so if you're keen to come to Mt Lawley S'n'B, drop me a line!!

One day may be changed to the new co-ordinator's but for now, I'm unwilling to let go. Haha. Actually, I just forgot to change it. Sorry for any confusion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2008 01:22:36 AM »

i know this post is kind of asleep, but it has been revived before... let me  tell you about a great new store i'm consigning in, its only over a year old; ruck rover! its in Mt Lawley on Beaufort Street off Chelmsford Road (the entry is on chelmsford road, i drove past it a couple of times before realising Embarrassed) They have heaps of lovely handmade and indie label stuff!

more info: http://www.ruckrover.com.au/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
Lori-lee
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2008 07:37:54 PM »

Thought i would drop in and say that i FINALLY made it to Homecraft Textiles in Vic Park and im so glad that i did! Theyre having a sale at the moment, til 21st June. i got patterned polar fleece for $2.99/m!! i also got some gingham material and tulle to make my daughters Dorothy costume for the playgroup Fancy Dress Family Fun Day.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ella_bella
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008 06:26:56 AM »

helloo fellow perthians =)

i recently found the most amazing, inspiring shop - its called TreeTops, and it's a home run business in Floreat. website is www.treetopscolours.com.au

they sell high quality, average priced wool roving/tops in the most AMAZING colours, hand dyed 'colour harmonies' and silk tops as well (for felting or spinning, or anything else that takes your fancy).

i highly recommend anyone to go there, especially if you love beautiful colours or your interested in learning to felt =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lori-lee
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2008 10:46:12 PM »

Am I going crazy or has Spotlight in Freo shut down?
And Lincraft in Cannington is gone now.

Damnit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwistMySister
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2008 01:29:32 AM »

i know thats so crapola! lincraft is no longer in cannington!

..but there is a store, really really close by, called umm i cant remember couture fabrics or something.. they have nice (and a tad expensive) fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Gabi14

Dr Who on the brain. ~~<3

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2008 01:43:33 AM »

Hi everyone.
I am a Perthie. (Dianella in the northern Suburbs well known for the cheap petrol.)
For fabrics I go to Textile traders but sometimes it can be expensive, there is also a fabrics and beads store in the Malaga Markets.
I was also wondering if there any free or cheap craft workshops around.
PM me with the answer and/or details.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 02:02:26 AM by Gabi14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chanel Unveils Cruise Collection With Cara Delevingne
Swimwear to Suit Your Body
Trend Alert: The Bomber Jacket Is Back
5 Ways To Wear A Metal Plate Belt
Rachael Ray Show Underwear Overhaul
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...