A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Western Australia  (Read 21550 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knickerlady
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2009 07:36:00 PM »

Well... its a little quiet on the western front?
Oh I'm so funny!
I'm moving back to Perth, after living in Sydney for 11 years and I'm very nervous!!
You have a stitch and bitch? Still active? Not that I can knit, but I can learn...
Or any other fabulous little indie craft groups or markets?
I read somewhere about a girlie/burlesque themed market?
Any advice on fabric and trim wholesalers? I remember that there was a Charles Parsons... still there?
and Brown Owls? I think I read in Frankie that there was a fledgling group in Perth?? That would be very exciting!!
Any crafty integration advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to be all on my own!
xxx
Simone

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jean Harlow always carries sugar in her bag. She says you never can tell when you are liable to meet a horse." Movie Merry Go Round - 1936
Wink hehe!
You can see my little pieces of sugar at www.kissmequick.net.au
Now on Etsy www.kissmequick.etsy.com
TwistMySister
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2009 11:30:50 PM »

hi there!! ^ welcome back  Grin Yes there was the annual rock n roll boot sale on yesterday in northbridge! sooo cool, all the 50's cars and records and clothing and everything, it was awesome to see there is a rockabilly/psycho scene in perth!! the hair was amazing  Cool also in perth town hall on a sunday there is an indie crafters market. also if you look on my other post about markets in WA you might find some others.  Wink I'm pretty sure there is still a charles parsons, im in diploma year of fashion and design at tafe and they still crap on about it  Smiley

Hmm, also for crafty integration my bentley swan tafe is holding short courses at night for millinery, clothing recycling, wedding gowns and ball gown making, also a fit/custom make night course. they shouldnt be too expensive! i'll be doing the millinery for sure  Cool ..love hats! and in kelmscott, perth there is a craft store called cottonwool and they have quilting/smocking classes. also sewing classes at a rec. centre in armadale i think!

good luck!! xoxo kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
knickerlady
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2009 09:47:34 PM »

Oh, rock'n'roll boot sale sounds fabulous... but annual you say? For shame!!

I did see the post about all the markets about town, I cant believe Subiaco markets have shut down?? Also good to hear that the vintage stores are still holding their own, they were great! Does anyone know if Melville markets are still in operation? I still own stuff that I bought at Melville Markets! Fabulous trash and treasureness!!

A millinery course? How exciting!! I'm not going to get there for a few months yet, so I'm sure I'll miss the start, I hope they run it again, you must tell me how it goes!!

I've also been considering backing up my design skills with a little qualification... Do you happen know if the fashion courses at Bentley are any good? - many years ago I started one at ... um ... the tafe near Curtin? It was sooo slow... I was almost convinced I'd wandered into the remedial class...

Anywho! Thankyou, Thankyou Miss Kate for your wonderful helpfullness!
xxx

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jean Harlow always carries sugar in her bag. She says you never can tell when you are liable to meet a horse." Movie Merry Go Round - 1936
Wink hehe!
You can see my little pieces of sugar at www.kissmequick.net.au
Now on Etsy www.kissmequick.etsy.com
TwistMySister
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2009 10:31:39 PM »

I know, I missed last years, and it sucks it's once a year! It was really good, and so much good stuff in one place!  Cheesy And yeah, I liked subiaco markets.. I went to go there one day with my friend and it was shut down! Lol, so dissapointed.  Angry I think melville still has them, the ones on sunday you mean?

Yeah, the courses used to do shoes too, but that moved over to Sydney!  Sad I wish I could learn how to make shoes! I think millinery starts in July, I'm not sure - I'll have to double check. Definitely let you know how it goes.  Smiley

Design skills, hmm.. Well I've done certificate III & IV in fashion design, and I'm doing the last one in the course thingo, but they've changed it up now. You start at certificate IV, then go to diploma, then "advanced diploma".. so they don't really do as much sewing in first year.. they just jump right into everything now I guess. Though we didn't do much designing until diploma year.. Maybe  there is a short course on just design, if you didn't need the sewing, pattern making and marketing part of it? Yeah my TAFE at Bentley is across the road from curtin uni.

Haha no problems! Hope you get settled in fine  Smiley xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009 07:04:01 AM »

hey girls...

im heading off to the brown owls meet next weekend, should be fun... google "brown owls perth blog" to find more info about it.

heres some beaut handmade markets:

www.madeontheleft.com
www.perthupmarket.com.au
www.oxfordstmarket.com.au
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
TwistMySister
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009 09:26:37 PM »

ooh up market thats what its called! cool, thanks heaps for those links. btw , what is brown owls?? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexi_dear
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2009 08:20:19 AM »

any perthies still around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2009 09:21:49 AM »

yup yup. for regular meetups try the brown owls crafting group:

http://brownowls-members.blogspot.com/2009/04/brown-owls-perth-april-meet.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
Lori-lee
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2009 04:19:23 AM »

Hi guys,

This is certainly a pretty quiet thread.

What's everyone been up to? Craft anything good for Mother's Day? (I cheated and bought a book and cooking class voucher from Urban Provider, haha, although I decorated the envelope all by myself  Cheesy).

I just made my daughter an apron out of bits of fabric I have in my craft boxes and some cotton tape for strings. Soooo adorable. She helps me cook several times a week so she needed one. It turned out brilliantly so I'm thinking of making one for my friend's daughter who is turning 3. She's elephant-obsessed so fingers crossed that there's some elephant-print quilter's cotton out there somewhere!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Indiana
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2010 06:02:53 AM »

Heya Lori-lee. I know this thread is very dead. I wish something would happen in Perth for a craft meet-up or something. I'm still looking for that "perfect thing" to craft for my Mum but I'm kinda leaving it a wee bit late. Oops.

The apron sounds cute, I should pull my finger out and make one for my little girl too. She doesn't so much "help" me cook but she sure does make a mess! lol. Not sure where you are but I saw some elephant type quilters cotton at Textile Traders a few days ago, I remember because I love elephants too. There's also that place in Vic Park near Macca's, they have a heap of stuff you don't see elsewhere but I haven't been there in ages so not sure about the elephant print. Good Luck finding it though, it shouldn't be too hard to get - at least it's not some obscure animal. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, PM me!

Happy Crafting! Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hot, Crispy Chicken Wings with Peppers
Spicy Asian Chicken and Noodle Soup Recipe
Learn How To Cook Duck Fat Fried Rice!
How to Make Thai Butternut Soup
How to Make Thai Sweet Rice with Mango
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...