A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A new wristlet and tote from Keyka Lou patterns!  (Read 1334 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Play_Dead
« on: August 20, 2009 10:34:38 AM »

I've been a fan of Keyla Lou's wonderful patterns for a long time and I thought it was about time to finally share something with you...
I love all her patterns 'cause they're very easy to follow, the instructions are very detailed and you can make beautiful accessories by just using a tiny bit of fabric!

The first one is the Garden Party Wristlet, made out of this fabric that I've had for a while but hadn't dared cutting into yet! I needed something small enough to bring with me at shows but roomy enough to fit my glasses, wallet, a package of tissues, lip balm, mirror, keys...it's amazing what it fits!!!

The second one is the Lots of pockets tote, well, a variation...I put a zipper at the top as closure instead of the tab. The red & black leopard fabric used to be a pair of pants that I bought on Ebay, waaaaaaaay too big for me so I made a passport sleeve (also from Keyka Lou) and a small wallet (this time my own pattern) and now I have the purse to match!   Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calachuchi
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009 12:29:03 PM »

I love your bags, the wistlet is really cute, and i looove the lots of pockets bag!
i made to last weekend. I really like the pattern. I've been thinking about making a zipper on the next one too, but I'm still a little new to sewing, so i'm not so sure how to ad it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Play_Dead
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009 12:46:47 PM »

Putting the zipper in was a real challenge, but it worked out alright in the end, it would have been less of a headache if I had known about this tutorial though... http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2008/08/easy-tutorial---how-to-insert-a-concealed-top-edge-bag-zipper.html
It's pretty much the same thing I did, I hope it helps you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calachuchi
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009 01:19:11 PM »

thanks for the link!! Smiley I'll check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair in a Perfect Ponytail
How to Style Your Hair in a French Twist
How to Straighten Hair
How to Use a Curling Iron
How to Use a Hair Dryer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...