A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dexter Premiere Party Planning  (Read 12293 times)
Tags for this thread: dexter , tv , tv_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lethargic
« on: August 04, 2009 08:53:02 AM »

So I posted my cupcakes from my last premiere party over on the dessert section. But this year I want to go all out and theme the crap out of this party!  Cheesy

For those of you who don't know, Dexter is a TV series on Showtime about a serial killer that only kills other serial killers. It's an awesome show. http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do It premieres September 27th! Yay!

I would love to hear about anyone else's Dexter parties or their ideas for future ones. Here are some ideas I had along with questions.

For decoration goes I thought I could drape plastic drop cloths or plastic wrap over the walls. I would love to do it all over the house and furniture but we will see how expensive and difficult that gets.  Roll Eyes I also am going to try and find some of that crime scene tape they have during Halloween and put that around in places. And maybe some framed blood spatter. That would obviously be very easy and inexpensive to make.

For tableware I'm thinking I want to get clear plastic plates and blood spatter them on the underside so you get the cool look without having paint in your food. haha But does anyone know what type of paint I should use for that? I want it to stick on there well and not rub off on peoples hands. Maybe just a paint that's maybe for plastic or something? Or should I go ahead and like spray a clear sealant over it too?

For the food I'm going Cuban! I'm going to make Cuban Midnight sandwiches. Maybe have some plantain and other chips. Not sure what else though, would love some ideas!

Still thinking about the dessert too. Here are the cupcakes I made for last year.

I made these for Halloween too so I don't want to make them again. But definitely some kind of cake. Maybe various severed body parts?

Ok I think that's it! I hope other people share my love for Dexter and share their awesome crafty ideas.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
YarnWranglerC
Fiber

If only I could craft all the time.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009 09:46:30 AM »

I love the idea of the blood splattered everywhere. For halloween one year we took white sheets and burgundy acrylic paint that we watered down. We splattered and smeared it all over the sheets and had awesome table cloths from the experiment.
The cupcakes are awesome!
I love the shot glasses in the background. My husband would love them too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps, especially for fiber or spinning related tools!
Knot all there

Muh muh muh muh McCoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009 02:40:24 AM »

Just popped in to say Hi,

And that I have dutifully followed you into this thread from the Desserts one.
I am currently trying to think of more ideas for you so watch this space Wink

Maybe something baby themed...who knows?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morbidlovexox
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009 11:04:42 AM »

cover the couches in plastic and set out some "tools"... grim...  Grin love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
Ihearbanjos
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009 07:46:14 PM »

If your anything like me your all time fav character besides Dexter is Rudy aka Brian.. So to pay homage to the man himself you could wrap body parts in butchers paper just like Mr. Ice Truck Killer(Paper Mache would work wonderful).. and stage them beautifully in a corner but where is the head.. Dont forgot some blood splatter marked with red string. It would be cool if you could freeze some fake colored fingertips in a block of ice for a centerpiece.. Then as favors you could give each guest a different severed Barbie part keychain.. As for a dessert maybe a three layered white fondant cake splattered with blood and also marked with red string going up the cake.. Then for a game if your super brave you could set up a room preferably white plenty of white paper large paper.. and in the middle of the room is an old table you dont mind getting ruined set up a huge sponge or something of equal use fill it with blood set on the table near the hung paper.. Have a hammer and let guests go in the room and let them smash the sponge with the hammer so they can splatter their paper like Dexter in the 2nd season.. Man I wish I had friends who knew what Dexter was that way I could have my own D party.. Your so lucky..  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethargic
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009 09:14:19 AM »

What great ideas! I like the barbie key chains idea for favors. I had been trying to think of some sort of favor or something to give out. Splattering blood sounds fun but I'm pretty sure there is no way that could be contained without ruining clothes, furniture and lives. lol

I found some clear plastic drop cloths at the dollar store, they are giant and going to be PERFECT for covering furniture and walls and stuff. Not quite sure yet how I'm going to get them up on the walls because our walls are retarded, but I'll figure something out.

I picked up some crappy fondant today to mess around with. I've never used it before so I need to practice before I make the real cakes (whatever they may be ). I'm going to try coloring it and making skin texture and then covering a cake of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
dmmb05
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009 11:58:26 AM »

This is AWESOME!! I love Dexter Smiley I'm trying to think of what kind of cup cake I'm going to make...GOOD JOB
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amandakristine
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010 06:39:53 PM »

Oooh! I love Dexter!

Those cupcakes look to "die" for  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethIves
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010 04:39:26 PM »

These are amazing I really think you should make a batch for the premiere anyways!

But as for other cupcake ideas you should buy a couple barbie dolls cheap and take them apart and use them for toppers on the cupcakes, making the whole body, each body part on a different cupcake, Oh and dont forget the red ribbon around the body parts!  Wink

good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make French Bread Pizza
How to Make Cookie Dough Log
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Super Bowl Party Chicken Wings Recipe
Cooking With Rich Future Pizza Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...