A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Grandma Stolzfus, sewing and scherenschnitte, with sugar (img laden)  (Read 12194 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SidecarStella
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009 12:20:59 PM »

These pictures are hilarious! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009 02:31:06 PM »

How bizarre. I had a dream last night that I met your husband in person (as far as I know, I've never met either of you. I hope that doesn't weird you out - I just know I always enjoy the photo stories you tell in your posts, so I must have been thinking crafty thoughts when I drifted off to sleep. Smiley Anyway, after I woke up, I got to thinking and thought it'd been a while since I'd seen any of your work. And what should pop up when I get on the front page of Craftster today but...your latest project - which I must say has to be the one of the most creative uses for food ever - I love the detail you've put into the birds! Don't eat the project all at once and make yourselves sick, okay? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
lil_abi
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009 07:07:30 AM »

Orrkid, thanks for sharing!  I always tell my dreams to people if they're in them, even if I get some strange looks.  Not sure what DH was doing in your dream, though!  He is often the visual presence in my posts...

Insert Quote
I hope you guys make a craft book full of all your crafty adventures one day!!! I'd be the first in line to buy it!

*this rocks* 

Aw, shucks!  That is, seriously, an awesome idea.  We could put in the Valentines and some tutorials for our crafty things.  And how much fun would the photography sessions be?!  Best. Book idea.  Ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009 09:38:51 AM »

Orrkid, thanks for sharing!  I always tell my dreams to people if they're in them, even if I get some strange looks.  Not sure what DH was doing in your dream, though!  He is often the visual presence in my posts...

Insert Quote
I hope you guys make a craft book full of all your crafty adventures one day!!! I'd be the first in line to buy it!

*this rocks* 

Aw, shucks!  That is, seriously, an awesome idea.  We could put in the Valentines and some tutorials for our crafty things.  And how much fun would the photography sessions be?!  Best. Book idea.  Ever.

Glad to know I didn't disturb you or anything - I kinda freaked out a few hours after I posted that maybe you would think I was some weird stalker or something! Roll Eyes I find dreams fascinating, especially the idea of not dreaming in color - mine are always quite vivid, very detailed, and extremely strange - including this one, obviously. Smiley

I add my vote to I Sew Cute's! And yes, it is the best book idea ever. I'd totally buy that book - it'd be an awesome coffee table book to leave out for people to look through! What would the title be? Mr. & Mrs. __________'s Adventures in Craftland? Or something even more creative? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
pickled_peppers
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009 10:16:36 AM »

You people rawk. Cheesy Never once have you failed to make me LOL Grin

This Rocks! Amazing job on those detailed feathers! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps Cheesy

My Etsy ... www.nutsaboutcroche t13.etsy.com

Follow me on Tumblr for all of my crochet projects!
http://whenidreamidreaminyarn.tumblr.com
Merrytoday

In costume as Dirty Lil doing MC for show

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009 05:14:23 PM »

Your post made me start to giggle, then roaring with laughter.  Love what you and your DH do together.  You are a delightful couple and certainly bringing joy everywhere you turn.  By the way.....DH writes the funniest blogs.  Give him hug from me for allowing his adorable Granny pics to be posted and shared with this world. 

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=187010
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009 08:33:36 PM by Merrytoday » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009 08:44:21 PM »

Great job! For a second there I was like "Is that really a female? If so.. I'm King Kong" Then I realized.. It was your DH. LMAO!!!!!! ^.^; Blonde moment
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009 11:40:40 PM »

rofl i love it!  the pillow, the pics, the story... all of it!

you always have the best posts.  i agree that you and dh should write a craft book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
sabrinalouisemiller

ATCs are an Obsession.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009 11:18:11 AM »

I would love to see this project, but none of the photos are showing. Would you be able to correct this please?
The thumbnail is still up, and your description, and Grandma Stolzfus looks interesting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lil_abi
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009 06:31:26 AM »

Sorry!  I host photos at Photobucket, and my bandwidth has been exceeded this month.  I'll post a linky-dink, and they'll be back up in September.  I do host at craftster, too, but they don't have a bulk uploader, and the 'bucket makes it easier. 

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/gabinathan/Crafties/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Author Ann Patchett Loves "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"
Step Inside The Carriage House With Author Louisa Hall
Dr. Mike Moreno on Why Moving Is So Important
Tracy Guzeman on Her Debut Novel, The Gravity of Birds
Jessica Buchanan on Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...