A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 43 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: School Locker Memory Board - UPDATE  (Read 1033 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2009 08:06:48 AM »

I wasn't sure where to list this. My daughter is going into 7th grade and after having magnets and mirrors etc. sliding all over the inside of her locker door and falling to the bottom of the locker we decided to try something a little different.  Her wonderful Dad went down to her locker and measured the door and I made a French memory board insert for her locker door.  The cut out part is where the combination lock is on the inside.  I used three cork squares but next time I would just use one sheet of cork I think.

This is how we decorated it.  What's nice is you can decorate it at home and then bring it to school. 
The flower is from her first dance recital, I added heart patches to the photo strip of her and her and her 6 year old sister, a clown pin from her clown collection, a heart from her little Sister, make a wish charm I made for her, little blocks that spell her name from a necklace she had in kindergarten, she loves Garfield so a Garfield comic strip that reads, I hate Mondays, her GS patch for selling 500 plus cookies this year, a chihuahua paper doll to represent her dog Rocky and the sailor hat for her Grandpa who was in the navy in WII, the dog card I sent her at camp, it is musical and sings about how much I like her that I would even share my french fries, she is a french fry junky, a picture of her and all her cronies from her last Birthday party at a local bowling alley and last her book mark about being a book worm.  I think it turned out cute!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009 01:27:00 PM by SewMuch4Kids » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Katie2981
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009 08:26:38 AM »

ok no fair! I'm going into seventh grade too,and i need one of those!  Grin I;m gonna get my dadto help me make one! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Does anyone know where to get poppet fabric other than the internet?
MsJamieLeigh
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009 08:58:37 AM »

I haven't had a locker in many years, but this makes me jealous that I never had one of these! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious.
Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009 12:43:56 PM »

That is awesome, how do you make it stick in the locker? Magnets? I love it, I'm not in high school anymore and don't have a locker, but I think my sister and niece would love something like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009 01:14:30 PM »

My husband said it is pretty snug but we are going to use a lot of the thick double back tape I think.  Wish me luck!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Eroe
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009 02:20:32 PM »

Wow, that is a great idea to help keep up memos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009 06:09:55 PM »

Oh wow I LOVE this!! I'm going into my senior year of highschool this year and I've never been one to go all out decorating lockers (the ones at my school are TINY and get cluttered fast.) But I think I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for posting this! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caddylolz

Making crafty messes since 1993

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009 06:33:51 PM »

How DARE my school only have desks?! I now want a locker to keep all my crap in!
I love it. I would be so happy to get this from anyone, especially my mom. I think the idea of the little dog with the sailor cap is really cute, and it reminds her of home and her family.
Really nice job. Wish I had a locker that I could pimp out  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog: www.itstherealthing .tumblr.com
de Santos (my craft business): http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/De-Santos-by-Carla-Bellot/149730198394526?ref=ts

willing to do personal swaps Smiley
McJulie-O
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009 05:37:41 AM »

Lockers have come a looooong way since I was in school....

I think the material you used to cover the corkboard is even pretty enough to stand on its own, even without all the inspiring embellishments. That yummy swirly batik is a delight to the eyes, and would cheer me up every time I saw it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Quick and Easy Summer Grilling Recipes
Ultimate Sandwich: Gobstopper Po’ Boy
Cooking With Watermelon: Delicious Recipes
How to Make Vegan-Style Mac and Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...