A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
810 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pick-n-Choose Rnd 3  (Read 23157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IllusionsOfNormal

Some pursue happiness, others CREATE it!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2009 06:55:12 PM »

What fab packages everyone is getting!!!  The gear-eyed owl garland is too cute & I'm not usually a skeleton lover, but those armwarmers are terrific!  And the coffee cup ami - so very cute!  I'm gonna have to try my hand at an ami soon.  I'm still pretty new to crochet, but they are just so adorable that I'm sure I'll give in to the temptation soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

my wists:  www.wists.com/IllusionsOfNormal
shelina
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2009 08:37:17 PM »

The coffee mug is so cute!
That was also a great idea using sticker book stickers for magnets! I never would have thought of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2009 03:47:33 AM »

brilliant packages I love that owly garland
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2009 10:03:34 AM »

The skeleton arm warmers have been added to my favorite things others have posted!  I want some!!!!!   I also love how the gears were used for the owly eyes. 

I am in love with the happiness bracelet but I always love all of noooitaremybirthday's stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2009 05:19:06 PM »

Oh my gosh.  The gear-eyed owls are absolutely gorgeous!  Everything is gorgeous, you have all done awesome, but I am envious of the owls!  And the skeleton arm warmers are beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
poppi

cognito ergo zoom

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2009 10:59:03 PM »

I finally sent my crafts out today! I'm so excited to have finished my first swap and hopefully mouser882 will like everything. 

I love many of the things posted here, including the boob bra and tree ring frame, but I have to say that having seen both half pint's and lunamadre's creations in real life, they are both amazing crafters.  (half pint convinced me to try the swap and I used her sewing machine for one of my creations) Lunamadre the bicycle clutch and both facinators are amazing, I even got to wear the skeleton one for a potential project! I also really liked how half pint's tiki magnets came out, super cute.

Now I am looking forward spending some time cleaning up my house, I'm sure my roommate will appreciate it as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunamadre
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2009 07:33:48 AM »

aw, thank you so much for the feedback everyone.  I haven't been crafting in a very long time so it's wonderful to get such compliments.  It makes me feel great.  I loved doing this swap, the entire process was so much fun and I love what I received too.  The bike clutch was the first thing I made and I was so unsure about it, I'm so happy to hear that it is so well liked.

If anyone wants to make a similar owl garland, I basically drew a simplified owl and separated the shapes, then traced the shapes onto cardstock for a pattern.  Then I traced it onto stiff felt and cut out.  The beak and belly are wallpaper, but scrap paper would work too.  The gears I found in Michael's in the stamp and scrapbooking section.  I used a combination of hot glue gun and e6000.  I folded a small piece of skinny grosgrain ribbon, laid it on the back, and then cut out a small square to layer on top of it and glued it down, and clipped it in place with a clothespin to dry.  Then I  strung it onto checkered ribbon, and cut smaller pieces of checkered ribbon to tie the loops into place so they don't slide everywhere.

And you're right poppi, halfpint is a fantastic crafter.  I have her potholder hanging up in my kitchen and the magnets on my fridge, it makes me smile every day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralen

"What a crazy random happenstance."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2009 06:58:02 PM »

I received an excellent package from melissa!  She did an awesome job.  My photos are slightly crappy but get the image across.

Theme Music, an apron with some of my favorite Shinedown Lyrics: Like a crow chasing a butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky.  It's beautiful and I love what she did.

Theme Tattoos, a recycled notebook with different sorts/sizes of paper.  I can't wait to use it.  The image on the front is one of my favorite images from t-shirt/tattoo designs, a feather that breaks apart into birds.

Theme Plants/Leaves, a yarn bag!  Awesome!  She used real branches from her yard as the handles and recycled material for the bag.  The leaves are gorgeous and there are pockets inside.  I've been looking for a new bag to use for my yarn.  I can see this going everywhere with me. 

Theme Turtle/extra gnome, melissa!  made a beautiful necklace with a turtle charm.  And the gnome is an extra for my Gnome Theme.  It's a bead that I think turned out awesomely.  I love it!

Theme Gnome, a stuffed gnome!  I adore the way his hat curls!  This is very very awesome and is a wonderful collection to my gnomes, who aren't very cuddly at all.

Thank you very very much, melissa! for making this a great first swap for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."  -- Allen Ginsberg

http://musedcreations.blogspot.com
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2009 10:27:18 PM »

That stuffed gnome has to be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Cheesy I'm wisting him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunamadre
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2009 07:24:00 AM »

I love that yarn bag!  The handles are so cute....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Ideas for Wedding Guests
How to Style Trousers for a Night Out Like Hailee Steinfeld
Perk Up Your Summer Style With Pastels Like Selena Gomez
How to Update Your Denim Shorts with a Cool Aztec Print
Ciara on Her Tomboy Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...