A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cool places in Mass to go to  (Read 2916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flashy1innit

In search of the perfect monkey handpuppet.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004 12:18:11 PM »

You may have seen Black Ink in Harvard Square or Beacon Hill, but there's a sister-store, the Museum of Useful Things, that's a bit more out of the way (370 Broadway, Cambridge, near Central Square).  While Black Ink is full of gorgeous toys, cards, and trinkets, the Museum of Useful Things has more of a sleek, industrial look.  But they still carry tons of fun and functional stuff for me to blow my paychcks on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clark Nova
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004 03:39:22 AM »

FLYRABBIT IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!! The last day will be Sunday, May 2, 2004.

Flyrabbit's demise is very sad for a lot of people. It's an Allston landmark, and a great hub of social interaction. Brooke Corey started it up 10 years ago, and now feels that the time has come to move on to new frontiers. Most media attention focuses on the macabre and distasteful (to some) elements of the store, but anyone who actually looks around for 15 minutes would realize that Flyrabbit is significantly more than a place to buy dead bugs. There are way too many good things to say about both the store and Brooke to list here. Allston will be diminished by the loss.

Sue, who has worked at Flyrabbit for years, is taking over the location, and hopes to receive all necessary licensing to ply her trade as a tattooist. Brooke will be starting up an online company to sell her own product lines. Hopefully, Allston will not decline into another Starbucks infested, soulless center of commerce. Only time will tell.

THIS SUNDAY - May 2, 2004 will be Flyrabbit's LAST DAY!!! Come buy stuff cheap (25-40% off,) and help celebrate 10 years of this business built by and for love, rather than the more traditional profit motive. Last chance!!!

And... I grew up in Boston, and know just about every weird little joint, I don't carry a guidebook, and I *still* manage look like a dork when walking around the city. It's my special gift.

[...Please pardon this duplicate response to a similar  
blogdrive post...]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clark Nova
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004 04:13:42 AM »

Oops. I forgot to mention where Flyrabbit is.
   Flyrabbit
   155 Harvard Avenue
   Allston, MA  02134
   (617) 782-1313

To Contact Brooke via e-mail after the store closes:
   flyrabbit@cuckoocorral.com

MapQuest Map:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=155+Harvard+Ave&city=Allston&state=MA&zipcode=02134&search=++Search++&finditform=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Daisy Fuentes
Alysia Sofios Talks About Where Hope Begins
Show No Mercy Book Trailer
Crescendo Book Trailer Short Version
Abby Sher Talks About Amen, Amen, Amen
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...