A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 311,409
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Verano Verde Micro Messenger bag  (Read 5001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Solsisters
« on: August 02, 2009 05:33:37 PM »

I just a did a trade with Karen from Ruby Mountain Dye Works. Heaps of her luscious hand dyed fabric in exchange for two bags. She got one from my shop but asked to have another made from fabric she sent. Verano Verde is the result. I picked out the frog accent and found out after that she LOVES frog. How nice is it when your ESP works?

more pics and blah blah blah on my blog http://www.solsistershandbags.com/2009/08/custom-handbag-order-finished.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009 06:58:53 PM »

That's a cool bag.  Love the colors and who can go wrong with a frog accent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009 07:34:33 PM »

What a beautiful bag Smiley The colors are fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solsisters
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009 07:39:45 AM »

That's a cool bag.  Love the colors and who can go wrong with a frog accent.

I got the ceramic frog charm from etsy seller Beadfreaky (she really makes nice handmade ceramic charms and buttons) and it matched the bag perfectly in color. Don't know if you can see it in the pics, but the fabric has the circular sun-like designs. I sewed the frog & bead chain on so the frog is sitting smack dab in the center of one of the circles on the batik.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009 05:26:11 PM »

Rapturously beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
landofoz
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009 07:40:35 AM »

I love this - it's beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solsisters
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009 09:42:40 PM »

I just got this note from Karen on the Verano Verde bag and the Tabitha bag I also sent her. I'm positively THRILLED with her response and just wanted to share it with all of you who have kindly looked at my creations.

by rubymountaindyeworks    profile       shop       contact
I am absolutely speechless, Krystal! I simply cannot get over how wonderful the contents of that box are. Within ten minutes of opening it, I had already moved everything from my store-bought handbag into the Verano Verde bag you made for me. I have to tell you--Verano messenger bag is just gorgeous! I love all of the exquisite detailing, like the pleated front flap and the beading and SO many different fabrics....and the practical details are so great, too! Amazing how something so decorative can be so useful, too! I think my favorite practical feature is the key hook inside the bag. I spend half my life searching the bottom of my purse for my keys. Well, never again! I also love the adjustable strap (great for short gals like me!) and ALL the pockets. I want you to know that I am deeply touched by the care you took in making this, Krystal. I will cherish it for many years to come.

As if all of this weren't enough, you included some TERRIFIC bonuses, too. These are no trivial extras, either! The wallet is so handy and cute, and it gives me yet another opportunity to mention Ruby Mountain Dye Works and SolSisters shops. I've loaded it with your business cards (among other necessities)--can't WAIT to brag about you!) LOVE the pleated and zippered pen compartment! How did you do that?

My teenage daughters are all fighting over the teal green shoulder bag that you sent---and THAT'S the true sign of a fashionable design! Wow, that's a cute little bag! The front pocket is genius--now, how'd you do THAT? I may have to keep that one for myself, too....

Thank you so much for doing such fine work on the Verano bag, and for your staggering generosity. It's all so wonderful. I really, really, really scored big!

Hugs!
Karen

PS: Please forgive the lateness of this convo. I had to travel to Missouri unexpectedly. The girls told me that I received a package from you, so you can imagine how maddening it was to be 800 miles from home. It was worth the wait, though! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnahoy
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009 12:38:48 PM »

Fantastic. Love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delectably Deviant
the artist formerly known as monkeystuffer

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009 10:28:51 AM »

I just realized that I never commented on this bag - it's absolutely beautiful!  Your use of the fabrics is wonderful and the level of detail is amazing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suddenlysandra
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009 02:01:29 PM »

That bag gives me a HAPPY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 1
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 2
How to Cook Louisiana BBQ Shrimp Part 3
Atomic Buffalo Turds Recipe
How to Buy a Grill and Grilled Branzino Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...