A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,630
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zebra Girl  (Read 2421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CloudxxSeph
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009 09:48:32 PM »

so cool! was it hard to remove all the makeup?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Giddybootz
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009 06:04:43 AM »

Nope...thankfully!! It was water based so I just jumped in the shower and off it came. Although I did have faint stripes on my arms for a couple of days!!!

Combing out my hair was HARD...and sore!! But worth it I think!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CloudxxSeph
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009 10:58:42 AM »

definitely looks like it was worth it Smiley How were the reactions you received?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Giddybootz
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009 12:18:33 PM »

They were great!!! People were really impressed and i got called the queen of the black & white ball!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009 09:32:29 PM »

Okay, I really loved the first pic with the watermelon.  This is delightfully creepy. 

Thanks for sharing!

(And welcome!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Hollow Shel
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009 12:12:00 AM »

I absolutely adore this! It is creepy but in an utterly awesome kind of way. Now that you've mentioned it's kinda scary I'm finding myself trying to pick out the elements that make it that way. I really think it's the face paint, cause from the neck down it doesn't seem scary

1) bright pink lips. They're so stark a contrast to the rest of the outfit - they're the only color you have on you, and the shape of the lips are fully human. So that makes the mouth, and especially that grin, seem particularly startling.

2) the angle of the lines on the forehead and around the eyes. If you look at cartoons and comic book drawings you'll see that they tend to have angry/mean people drawn with eyes and eyebrows that angle in and down for a scowling appearance. Most of the facepaint lines aren't actually that close to being eyebrows but they draw the eye in the same direction, so I found it seemed to be subconsciously saying (or saying to my subconscious, if you wish,) "I'm dangerous." Coupled with the big grin... Cheesy

Please, please don't think I'm criticizing it or putting it down! I seriously think this is utterly amazing. I just like to try to analyze why something has a cool but unintended effect - makes it easier to duplicate or emphasize it later. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allison Leotta Talks About Law of Attraction
Maurice Hamilton Talks About Chequered Conflict
Davy Rothbart Talks About Requiem for a Paper Bag
Meet Photojournalist Kevin Rivoli
Sandra Brown Talks About Rainwater
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...