A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 301,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August 2009 Birthday Swap Gallery and Discussion  (Read 9275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 02, 2009 08:12:48 AM »

Is your birthday in August??  Do you want to send someone a birthday present even though your birthday isn't in August??  Come on out and swap!!

Definitely post here to say hello even though the swap hasn't officially started!  I'll move this thread to the gallery area after the swap has begun.

The following is copied, pasted and slightly altered(only to reflect the July swap and organizer change - the rules are all still the same)  If you want to get some wish list ideas take a look at July's birthday swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310038.0

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftster’s list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in August, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM your organizer with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few “extras” that aren’t crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307716.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the “non-birthday swapper” questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM your organizer(s) AND the chosen craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures). 

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you don’t PM me, you will receive “poor communication” feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put “August Bday Swap” or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Lo{ve}
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009 10:48:56 AM »

i'm so excited  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009 11:09:46 AM »

Glad to have you Lo{ve}!

I'm claiming theballandskein for mittens.  I've finished spinning tonight so I'll be able to get to work tomorrow, if the skein drys fast.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009 05:46:16 PM by RhymeswOrange » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Lo{ve}
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009 02:10:46 PM »

i made my first claim for rhymesworange, i will get right to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009 02:41:47 PM »

I staked a claim for Lo{ve} for a poppet. In progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Lo{ve}
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009 07:51:44 PM »

i can not wait to get my wallet and poppet  Grin i am so crazy excited!!! thank you so much to lovesclutter and rhymesworange!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009 11:59:02 AM »

haaaappy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear beccas_songgggg, happy birthday to you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009 12:10:43 PM »

haaaappy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear beccas_songgggg, happy birthday to you!  Smiley

Thanks Lo{ve}, now I don't have to type that all out. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009 12:31:00 PM »

Lo{ve} is a much better singer than I, but the sentiment is there.

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday with lots of fun surprises!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009 10:45:42 PM »

So I'm just now getting around to posting in this thread- thank you all so much for the birthday wishes and birthday emails! I had a lovely day. Hoping all you other August girls do too! Blessings -Becca
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mom Hacks: Edible Acorn Treats
How to Make an Olive Oil Lemon Cake
A No-Bake Pumpkin Pie?! Whip Up Thanksgiving Dessert in Minutes!
This Apple Bread Pudding Will Be a Hit on Thanksgiving!
How to Make Cherry Buttermilk Scones
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...