A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Me Some Jewelry Rd. 1 (Sign-ups 08/01- 08/17 Send outs 9/19)  (Read 22076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2009 05:43:12 AM »

ok, so I started on the item.  Cheesy  but I'm kind of regretting it because I want to go to bed.  the pattern I'm following says it would be ______ inches long and that by making it 20% longer than the finished size you want.  well, I did that and it turned out smaller than the one in the pattern!!!  grrrr.  so, after adding then removing, then re-adding, it is the length I need it to be.  I'm stopping and finishing it tomorrow as soon as I add a few more beads.

Awww!  Don't get too frustrated luv...  Remember, just like bees, bears, and sewing machines, beads can smell fear.  Make it your bitch!  ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2009 09:42:35 AM »

Remember, just like bees, bears, and sewing machines, beads can smell fear.  Make it your bitch!  ;-)

It's still early and this just made my day!  I may have to post this on my craft room wall.

On a progress note, I'm almost finished with my 'big' small and hope to finish that up today.  Then I have to make the two little smalls and hopefully send this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2009 10:28:29 AM »

I finished my first item! Woo-hoo! Now to work on it's companion piece...  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2009 10:36:36 AM »

ok, so I started on the item.  Cheesy  but I'm kind of regretting it because I want to go to bed.  the pattern I'm following says it would be ______ inches long and that by making it 20% longer than the finished size you want.  well, I did that and it turned out smaller than the one in the pattern!!!  grrrr.  so, after adding then removing, then re-adding, it is the length I need it to be.  I'm stopping and finishing it tomorrow as soon as I add a few more beads.

Awww!  Don't get too frustrated luv...  Remember, just like bees, bears, and sewing machines, beads can smell fear.  Make it your bitch!  ;-)

seriously awesome.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

it gave me a few more problems, but I managed to tame it.  so now, I have made you a beautiful ________ to go along with all the other stuff I'm making/have made.  Grin  I'm going to have to make one for myself I just love this thing so much.  I'm glad I found the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
crafty_one

Home is where the Nintendo is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2009 12:41:53 PM »

LMAO!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2009 01:44:38 PM »

I'm glad you guys are amused... I tell my students that all the time, but I'm not sure they always believe me.  Also, it's a good thing I teach college students, and not younger kids, because I'm not sure I could restrain myself from yelling "Make it your bitch!" when a student calls to me from across the room to say, "Jennie, my sewing machine hates me!  I'm just a freak who cannot sew, no matter what!"  I'm sure they wouldn't go for my style of teaching in say, a high school Home Ec. class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2009 02:03:43 PM »

Looks like my work contract will be finishing early. So on the downside less money but on the plus side - more crafting time! Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poprock6903
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2009 02:24:39 PM »

I have one thing left. I was hoping to send tomorrow but I had a little *ahem* accident. I'll be sending in the next couple of days though!

Oh no! What kind of accident? Hope it wasn't anything too tragic. I'd hate to know that my jewelry actually required blood (as well as sweat and/or tears)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2009 02:26:10 PM »

LMAO!!

I agree! I'm more prone to say 'Don't be a bitch!' as in, you gotta take control of the situation. Which is probably why it's good that I didn't take up a career in teaching young ones either. I'd love to be in your sewing class jennie!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2009 03:16:31 PM »

It's true, my sewing classes rock.  Hehehehe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 7/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 2/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 5/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 3/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 4/7
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...