A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 49  (Read 20683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009 07:24:01 PM »

I claim mcook72677 for a Wisty Surprise! (I like sending surprises!!)  Smiley

This is my fsecond claim this round; 0 sent, 0 received, 1 pending (but sending soon).

My name is Rachel and I live in Denver, Colorado. I'm a full-time college student who is studying Psychology and Philosophy.

I like naturey and pretty patterns. I like a lot of black and white as well as neutral colors. My only non-favorite colors are yellow and anything neon. Small scale prints on fabric are the majority of what I love and use. Birds, trees and branches are becoming a big theme in my house. My kitchen is all pears. I'm a little random.  Wink

Here's my list!

Crafts:

* A screened or stenciled tee-shirt or hoodie. Any bird/tree theme would be cute, or even something clever to do with psychology or philosophy would be fun! I have a few things I like on my Wists, to give you some ideas. I wear a size Lrg.

* Shoes! Or anything that can cover my feet. Knit/Crochet slippers or sock would be fabulous. I've also seem some awesome re-vamped shoes and would love to sport something so unique and creative!

* Journals/Notebooks with lined and/or blank pages. I'm starting school next week and would love some fun notebooks to use for class. I'd love some new stationary too. Really anything you could make for me that would be useful for school.

* A lunch bag! With my long crazy days at school, I'm going to be eating on the run, so a re-usable lunch bag will really come in handy. Little re-usable snack bags and such would be great too!

* Some fun art for my walls. I have a ton of things on my wists to give you ideas of what I like.  Smiley

* Dangly Earrings. I usually wear earrings everyday and love them a bit long.
I love stuff like these:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13536192
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=18427768

* A blanket of some kind decorated with a bird or trees. It's going to be getting chilly soon and I'd love something to keep me warm!

* A neat headband of somesort. Maybe something like this
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27480155
or maybe something kinda like this:
=tags&includes[]=title]http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29170469&ref=sr_list_7&&ga_search_query=headband&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=7&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

* Handmade sugar scrub or any other bath goodies!

* A vase of some sort. Something with a woody feel to match my little shelf set up.

* Some pretty and classic looking decorate hair pins or fun accessories for my hair.

* A charm bracelet of some kind.

* Anything from my wists!

Supplies

* Fabric - Cotton prints, wool, woolfelt, corduroy or any upholstery fabric.

* Handspun yarn! mmmmm

* Buttons! I would love to have more random buttons to add to my collection.

* Zippers of all sizes.

Extras

Stickers! I like fun and interesting stickers to decorate random things with.

I'm with Claire on tea. I love tea, so anything will make me happy!

Any special sweets and treats unique to your area.

Anything you think I'd like!

Grin Grin Grin Thanks a bunch to whoever picks me!   Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
kwiltykate
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009 02:03:13 AM »

I claim seaofstars for some fun art for her walls (and prob some extras)

This is my first claim: 0 sent,  0 received, 0 pending

Hi I'm Kate, from Adelaide (Australia).  I work from home and full time mum of two great kids 9yo boy and 7yo girl.
My favourite colours are blue, avocado green and chocolate. I prefer modern over traditional and not into ruffles!

WISHLIST

CRAFTS

-   Tote bag blacks, browns or blues

-   Small wall hanging for workroom sewing related theme

-   Christmas Ornaments I like reindeers and angels, no snowmen thanks

-   Kitchen items with black and white cows!

-           A Pincushion!

-   Amigurumi  - any cute little animal will do

-   Sewing Machine Covers, large kind to cover embroidery style machine

-   Bunny themed anything for 7yo girl

-   Cushion Covers in browns or blues (no insert to save postage)

-   Wine glass charms

-   Table runner for coffee table

-   Sturdy black handbag for every day use (any size)

-   Something Irish dancing related

-   Salt and Pepper Shakers

-   Wall art

CRAFT SUPPLIES

-   Quilting fabric   any really, except maybe large florals

-   Embroidery threads hand or machine

-   Felt

-   Stuff for the kids craft box (so they stop raiding mine!)

-   Sequins

-   Christmas theme items

-   One of those pens to write on porcelain cant seem to find one here

-   Decorative papers for card making (esp Christmas prints)

-   Old rubber stamps you no longer want

-   Ribbons and embellishments

-   Sock monkey Socks!

EXTRAS (not necessary but if you want to )

-   My husband collects Police memorabilia, so if you have anything local

-   Local fridge magnets

-   Traditional American/UK/your country lollies for the kids and I to try

PM if you need any help, I'm still new here so havent got much on my wist

Thanks

Kate x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009 05:29:05 AM »

I claim kwiltykate for a pincushion & some extras!

3rd claim, 0 sent, 0 rec'd

Hello! I'm Sabrina and I live in Florida! I'm a 27 year old SAHM of 5 kiddos, a hubby and a dog! I love to craft everything and love to try new stuff. I'm pretty easy to please, and LOVE getting handmade goodies! I have no allergies that matter when it comes to swapping!

Crafts I would love to receive:

ANYTHING from my wists - use it as inspiration or make something exactly as is! Everything is up to date and has notes on it!

Felt, crochet or knit foods/supplies for the kids play kitchen

Candles- natural colors, red and cream or a mixture of the two would be great colors too. I like nice crisp clean scents, florals are ok too, nothing fruity or cinnamon.

Yummy soaps! I like all kinds of scents for soap so Im good with whatever!

Fabric buckets, in random sizes & colors.

Jars, tins, baskets, buckets, bowls or anything else to help organize all the crap my crafting and 5 kids can accumulate!  Grin Used and redecorated are perfect!

Stuff for the kitchen since we are redecorating!! Stuff to hang on the walls in the kitchen would be good, bowls, containers, magnets, etc The colors are cream, red and a touch of grey. (the Amy Butler fabrics I am using are in my wists, I would love it to match those colors but it doesn't have to be her fabric, I know its pricey! lol)  Really I am open to anything!

Crochet or Knit felted bowls - would love some of these in various sizes/colors. Grey, red, cream, or light blue.

Kidlet Bags - these would be awesome for my kidlets to stuff their stuff in! Can be separate claims of course!

Reusuable sandwich bags - trying to get a set for each kiddo So girly stuff mostly but we do have 1 boy!  Wink (these can be separate claims of course) Inspiration here Thanks Zombizcazz! I can always use more!

Reusable lunch bags - again would like one for each kiddo, we have 4 girls and one boy, and I'd like one for hubby too! (these can be separate claims of course) Inspiration here

Stitch markers- for crochet, I am always losing them! Thanks KitschKween!

Anything Mickey or Minnie- We are redecorating the babies' room in Mickey & Minnie, so anything would be awesome! Pictures to hang, Pillows, stuffies, anything!  Grin

Cute shirts for the baby girls- 3T or 4T stenciled, embroidered, appliqued, made from scratch, whatever!

Supplies I'd love to play with:

Fabric - I like fun stuff, Amy Butler, Michael Miller, Alexander Henry types (doesn't have to be those names, but I like those styles  Smiley )

polymer clay stuff, tools, clay, whatever

resin molds and supplies

Jewelry making stuff

scrapbook paper

scrapbook punches

Any other scrapbook stuff

Craft books
- sewing, crochet, clay, pretty much anything! I love to have reference. Nothing too outdated please.

Also, feel free to destash on me

Extras

ANY extra is good with me!  Grin
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009 05:35:56 AM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009 05:55:51 AM »

I claim bsonlytoots for ... crochet foods/supplies for the kids play kitchen and scrapbook paper.

This is my second claim, none sent, none received and I'm in Canada.

Crafted Stuff
(examples of most of these things can be found on my wist)

* BIGGEST WISH!!  Body pillow cases in blues and greens - patterns or solids, I can provide dimensions. -- thanks ariaya
* HUGE WISH!!  Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige.  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary.
* Black & white art for my walls - photography, sketches, charcoals (love), embroidery, anything.
* Bath poufs knitted/crocheted.  White cotton preferably please.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Embroidered tea towels in fall colours - nature themes, food themes, plants, nothing with a face please (unless it naturally includes one).  
* Soft eye mask that you put in the freezer - corn would be awesome, rice smells a little funny to me.
* Light (colour and weight) head scarves.
* Scented sachets for my closet (hanging) and my drawers (not-hanging).  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional lavender scent, so something else less floral would be fabulous.
* A fabric business card holder that snaps shut, in earthy colours please.  

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day and I would love anything from or inspired by it!

Supplies
(I live far away from any and all craft stores, supplies are like gold to me, an all-supply package would be wonderful)  -- thanks dreadlocklove

* Black and white patterned scrapbook paper, not all the same, full sized sheets to put on my walls.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  Fancy fabulous yarn is wonderful.  Handspun is divine.  Nice acrylic is fine too, worsted weight, I use it for everything including scrapghans, so scraps are fine too.  Baby yarn that isn't pink (I have enough pink) is wonderful.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours and more especially red, apparently we're only allowed to buy it around Christmas in Canada).  I've fallen in love with felting, so wool is fabulous, especially in blues and greens (for a kitty bed).  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here recycled, corn, soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that.  
* Crochet hooks - metal with bamboo or Softouch handles any size (especially G) or an S hook.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a truly patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine.  
* Scraps (no matter how small, seriously 1/2 cm square is big enough) of felt, any colours.
* July/August 2008 Crochet Today! magazine.  Something went wrong with my subscription and they skipped that month.  Back issue magazine shipping to Canada is ridiculously expensive.   Anybody done with theirs?
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Yarn bobbins.
* Embroidery hoops - all sizes, preferably paintable.
* Large to giant glass beads and/or seed beads, any colour, actually a bag of bead soup would be wonderful.
* Black paint markers - I can't paint but I'm an excellent colourer-inner.
* Tunisian crochet "kit", Id love to learn but have no hooks or directions.
* Freezer Paper (a how-to-stencil using freezer paper tute would be awesome too, but not absolutely necessary).
* Small frames (3x5" ish) wood not plastic please.  I need 12 but you don't have to send that many and they don't have to match.
* Paint stir sticks.  
* Small pieces of softwood, I've been playing around with some pendant carving.  
* Interesting pieces of driftwood, any size. 

Extras

* I never say no to sugarless gum or favourite recipes (especially for baking).  
* Maldon sea salt.  I can't find it here, my grocery store won't order it and I am craving pretzels like crazy.
* Other foodie extras, I LOVE to bake.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are particularly appreciated.  

About Me

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (39 now, I think) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of chick who is completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share her rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  My primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to work on my beading, glass, sewing, embroidery and knitting skills.   However, I have the attention span of a gnat, 47 different jobs and a 24 hour day is way too short.

I love nature and animals, music and books.  I like crafting for babies but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright teal is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   Every time I mention blue or green in my list, I am thinking of brighter, clearer colours as opposed to the navy, forest, khaki ones - think sky blue, apple green, leaf green, light turquoise, etc.  Im allergic to most metals and dont wear much jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph and getting a package in the mail is enough to prompt me to gleeful, dorktastically bad dancing.  

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me, let me know if I stall.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009 06:17:27 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
dreadlocklove
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009 06:41:30 AM »

I claim sunspotted for supplies!

First claim
Zero Sent
Zero Received

Hi!  I'm Jessica, a stay-at-home-mom of almost 2 year old Ava and five month old Brahmi.  Weather permitting, we spend our time outside walking and playing.  I live with my partner of 3 1/2 years and we bought a home (in Canada) that we are now renovating.  Our basement is being converted into a shop, where I will be stocking a variety of herbal products and knitted, crocheted, and sewn goods.

We try to be conscious people.  Our hope is to one day move to a home with a large parcel of land, where we can take part in natural building and enjoy a more sustainable life.  Traveling is also a goal and Yukon will be our first destination.  

I am currently studying herbalism through The Living Centre in London, Ontario.  The Centre also offers courses pertaining to Shamanism and Raw Foodism that I'd be interested in taking.

Crafting takes up my free time!  I often find myself at the library, borrowing miscellaneous craft books.  My latest venture is crocheting, which I love!  Anything related to crochet would be a much appreciated gift!    

CRAFTS

Crochet Needle Case
Wooden Shawl Pins
1 1/2" Organic Jewellery for my Ears
Clay Pendants (NO polymer clay please!)
Pottery
Woodburned Incense Holder
Handmade Chemical-Free Incense (I like exotic and spicy scents)
Herbal Bath and Body Care Products (again, exotic and spicy scents)
Thai Fisherman Pants
Fabric Labels (I havent decided what the tag would read yet but I can figure it out)
Handmade Stamps with an Herb Theme
Greeting Cards with an Herb Theme (preferably using off-white paper)
Beeswax Candles
Handmade Paper
Handmade Wooden Buttons

Anything Wists-inspired (www.wists.com/dreadlocklove)
or Etsy Favorites-inspired (http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5028132)

CRAFT SUPPLIES

Henna
Incense Making Kit/Supplies (I'd really like some Makko powder!)
Incense Making Books
Crochet Hooks (especially larger sizes)
Sustainable Fabrics (organic, hemp, bamboo)
Sustainable Yarns (organic, hemp, bamboo)
Handspun Yarns (I like dark shades of brown, green, yellow, orange)
Soap Molds
Raffia
Essential Oils (NOT fragrance oils!)
Off-White Label Paper (ESPECIALLY the full sticker sheets that I can print and apply to containers)
UV/Black Light Reactive Supplies (fabric, yarn, fimo, etc)
Fabric Stamping Supplies
Crochet Patterns/Magazines
Herb Magazines and Photos (for paper crafts)

EXTRAS

Unusual Tins to Store my Herbal Preparations
Vegan and/or Raw Recipe Books
Mortar and Pestle
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009 07:04:31 PM by dreadlocklove » THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009 12:09:41 PM »

I claim dreadlocklove for an Etsy Favorites suprise

I have 2 claimed, 0 sent, 0 received.

A bit about me:  I'm a professional in the video gaming industry, currently located in the US.  My husband calls me a craft-a-holic Smiley  Lately I'm into fiber crafts of all types.  I'm also making lunches for myself now, and have gotten into the bento box craze.

My tastes run to the more practical.  I love bright colors and bold patterns, and always like adding a bit of a femine touch to my stuff.  No frills or lace please, but pink is totally cool Smiley   I encourage re-use and recycling, but please send something you would like to get yourself.  Nothing gross or bloody please .. or *too* far out there.

I'm a big gamer and work in the video gaming industry.   Game-related items are totally encouraged Smiley  I play table top D&D, Everquest II, Free Realms, and Star Wars Galaxies currently.  Other themes of interest are Harry Potter, dragon flies, teddy bears, and computers.  My current crafts are spinning, weaving, knitting, crochet, and soap & toiletry making.

NOTE:  I am allergic to smoke and Lavendar.  Also please ensure that any items are free of pet hair and dander as my husband is allergic to them and I'd rather not bring them into the house.

WISH LIST

CRAFTS
Anything on my Wist: http://www.wists.com/ariaya
Etsy Favorites inspired crafts and supplies: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5208732&ref=favorites
Bags or other Bento Box oriented crafts
Hanspun yarn
Spinning Wheel Hook
Project bag for small projects (I can never have enough)
Reusable Shopping Bag
Spindle
Knit and/or crochet stitch markers
Anything fiber-art releated
Fabric toys
Amigurimi
Hand knitted socks
Bag for my hand-held looms (Hazel Rose Quilt Loom set 7" .. actual loom is 8"x8"x1.5" -  http://www.hazelroselooms.com/loom_files/QW.html)
Hook for a Hazel Rose 8" loom (like an afghan hook but with a deeper hook and at least 12" long)
Fun knitting needles (size 8 - 10 are what I most commonly use)
Scarf Pins or broches
Cubicle toys/decorations
Combination crochet hook / knitting needle roll

SUPPLIES
Anything from my etsy faves (or similar): http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5208732&ref=favorites
I also love stuff on Artfire, but can't figure out how to link my hotlist Smiley .. I'm ariaya there too.
Fiber - any type or preparation; sample packs are welcome as are larger weights
Fiber dying supplies - I'm just getting started so anything is welcome
Spinning tools/supplies
Weaving shuttles (any type) or pickup sticks (my loom is 20" wide, but most things I make are about 12" wide)
Anything fiber-art related
Circular knitting needles or DPNs
Soap/Toiletry making supplies, especially scents and colors (I'm re-building up my toiletry making kit)
Weaving yarns - Sport or worsted weight
Fun Fabric in small-ish amounts (Fat Quarters or larger) for making bags/book covers/etc

OTHER
Any craft-related book on my amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/1WX51W4F7AVQ4 (listed under my maiden name)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009 01:57:59 PM »

I'm going to claim ariaya for a wisty surprise or two.

Second claim this round. 0 sent / 0 received

About Me

Greetings everyone! 32 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together). I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes. I love to read, I enjoy photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafts

Sewing

*big wish -- A purse in this kind of style. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this bag. The mix of the cord and the cable...? LOVE. (Could use an existing sweater for the knit part as well if you don't knit. I think that'd work just fine as well.)

*big wish* -- A tote like this one. I love and covet everything about it from the colors, fabric to the pattern.

*big wish* -- A robe like this one. I wear a US size 4 and can send measurements if needed.)

*new* *big wish -- A reading pillow. I think this is SO COOL and I read constantly, so how awesome is this??

*new* -- Something made from the JOEL DEWBERRY'S AVIARY ALMOND FABRIC. (Stuff like this wristlet or these potholders or this craft apron or this card holder etc. Pillows, aprons, anything! I am just in love with this fabric!

*new* -- A keyboard wrist support like this Can be in any fabric/colors you think I'd like. (I need it for work where I don't have an ergonomic keyboard like I do at home.)

*new* -- A Disney Pin Trading Wallet like these that MissDisney made. I especially like the red/yellow one since it's very Mickey colored, or other Disney printed ones. (My initial is "M") This would be great for carrying around my pins to trade at the parks!! Thanks bsonlytoots!

-- A cell phone wristlet like this. I love the colors and the shape/size of this one. (I have a Samsung r450 Messager for size reference. Though mine is metallic red.)

-- Some Fabric buckets like this or like this to store and tote around craft supplies.

Knitting

*big wish* -- This scarf in these type of earthy, natural colors. (If it were in a mix of teal blue and chocolate brown that would work too.) I think this is one of the most perfect things ever. I don't really need scarves as a rule because I live in Florida, but I'd find reasons to wear one like this!

-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (no wool please because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. (HUGE bonus if it's argyle pattern. I don't know why but I love argyle.)

Other

*big wish* -- A cool fitted tee or fitted tank top! I wear a US size 4 or typically a size small or medium and I love greens, blues, purples, greys and browns for shirt colors. I pretty much live in baby doll/fitted tees. See my shirt wists for inspiration. (Thanks to everyone's who's made ones for me. I LOVE them all so much I want to add more to my collection. It's been great fun wearing my custom shirts!)

*new*  -- Hand carved rubber stamps Especially cute/quirky things based on my likes/wist. I like natural things (like trees, flowers, birds, etc.) too. Really, I'm just crap at making them myself and there are so many cute ones out there.

*new* -- Dessert-scented body spray. I use and love the "Beach Baby Perfume" from Coconut Hut. I can't wear normal perfumes because I can only wear things that smell like you can eat it or I get a migraine. I love desserts and fruit scents. (Scent Wishlist here for help/ideas.) But NO floral and NO musk at all - not even a drop! - or it'll be unwearable for me.

-- Something stained glass - sun catcher, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself. I have a wall of sliding glass doors and a balcony to show things off.

-- Something glass work like a vase or something. Blown or torch or whatever. A cool medium I don't know how to work with at all. This is really pretty for example.

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or a bowl or a tea mug or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but really love. (A couple things I've wisted for inspiration.)

-- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items here as inspiration.

-- Fused glass or glass (microscope) slide pendants you think I'd like. (Here are some wisted inspiration items as examples.)

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my amazon wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I'd like.

Craft Supplies

*big wish* *new* -- Artistic Wire brand wire in 24 gauge. Just like this! Especially needing brown and non-tarnish silver. This is my new, all-time favorite wire and I can't find any locally. (I also use 16 gauge as well but it's slightly easier to find than 24 gauge.)

*new* -- Rubber stamp pads and/or rubber stamp markers. I've gotten a pretty cool collection of stamps but I have no ink pads for them!

-- Starter resin kit/supplies (resin, molds, etc.)

-- Lampwork beads.

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles.

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones.

-- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.

-- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)

-- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)

-- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009 09:18:14 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009 05:45:40 AM »

Ok Ok, I will claim you again phoenix! Another tee perhaps? And I am going to look into making some body spray, but I've never done it before! It will force me to try a new craft Smiley

This is my 1st claim this round!
About Me: I'm 29 and I'm in MI, finally settled after 4 moves in less than 2 years! I'm currently living thrifty as a High School English teacher, trying to control my baby fever and my homesickness, and reading lots of books. I love chocolate, the ocean and the beach, books, live music, thrifting, vintage, shiny things, and soft things. I love tights and knee socks (jewel tones or neutrals are great, textured, ribbed, argyle, striped whatever as long as they are not fluorescent!), I collect recipe cards, old handkerchiefs, tea cups, ephemera, vintage scarves, old books, and aprons. There is a lot more info in my blog (see the link in my signature!)

Wishes:
Crafted stuff:
- A wine diary. This is a book where I can jot down the name of a wine, place and year of the vintage, some notes on taste impressions, etc and maybe a place to paste a label! http://www.amazon.com/Wine-Journal-Companion-Lovers/dp/0811865606/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1250199985&sr=8-2
- Cloth napkins and/or placemats. My kitchen colors are cream, chocolate, and turquoise.
- A unisex baby quilt with fabric like Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Freshcut etc. No need for real designer labels, its just an idea of styles I like.
- Vintage Halloween items like a banner/garland, tea towels, napkins, table cloths and runners, shrines, etc. (check out the Vintage Halloween Swaps for ideas! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=196885.0)
- A shawl (who knows, maybe one of you is super fast? Tongue http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147576.0)
- A necklace like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vasiliisa/2918853535/ with a chicken, goldfish, or Shakespeare!
- Or a necklace like this: http://www.wists.com/Banga/6c34f1dcf46ba8297315a06b3df1302f?offset=0
- A big circle scarf in a jewel tone (like the ones at AA! I also saw a tute here someplace! http://store.americanapparel.net/circle-scarf.html)
- A matryoshhka brooch (this one is cool! http://www.flickr.com/photos/vasiliisa/3177818254/in/set-72157594249878925/) one with dolls hanging vertically would work too!

If you would like to make me something wearable, please PM me for measurements and specifics Smiley
- An AA style tube dress: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114872.0
- I'm a skirt nut... see my wists for ideas
- A tee shirt shrug: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/tshirt_shrug
- Altered tees or tanks like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106867.msg1016302#msg1016302 or this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10284568 or
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/t_shirt_recon (I have tons more on my wist for inspiration!)
- Screenprinted or stenciled tees (size medium, V neck or scoop neck, and again, you can check my wist for ideas)
- A wide waist belt in yellow, red, or any jewel tone

Supplies:
Kits:
- A lino cutting kit with instructions
- Any how-to or sugar art kits, books, and supplies (think sculpy, but edible!)

Other:
- I'm a baking freak, so any and all baking supplies like decorative edibles, fancy muffin cups, silicone molds, etc. are welcome!
- Bakers twine and/or boxes/bags/wraps for packaging baked goods
- Canning jars in any shapes/sizes
- ink pads any pigment ink,  archival and acid free
- Glossy cardstock http://www.amazon.com/Glossy-Cardstock-12x12-Sheets-Pkg/dp/B00161N1GM
- Alcohol inks http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_alcoholink_adirondack.htm
- any issues of Crap Hound! Even photocopies of your issues work for me! http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/24/crap-hound-seminal-c.html
- Vintage ephemera, text pages from old books, especially foreign languages (think crumbly old, not 80's old Smiley)

Extras:
- I'd love anything inspired by anything I've wisted or anything on my etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings.php! Or feel free to check my blog for ideas!
- Coffee and Tea, loose or bags

Thank you in advance for choosing me!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009 01:19:26 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009 02:24:52 PM »

Im going to claim Banga for some vintage style Halloween items!!  I know of at least two items I will make!!

This is my first claim this round.
None sent
None received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 37 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
First off any surprise off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

I would love some soft wool socks!!
Also a nice pair of mittens too!! (I know its currently Spring but sadly Winter will be back!!)
Chocolate brown snood in a 40s style (prefer a crochet or knitted tie versus elastic (stays on better)
Knitted or crocheted beret hat in a dark color with a nice soft yarn

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!  Im needing a new one!!

Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Regency or Victorian era Reticule

Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length) (recieved one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

Victorian slipper.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a asian ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

I sometimes buy bagged candy and really annoys me to have a few pieces left over in half a dozen bags.  So i would love a zippered bag in a candy themed fabric to put in my purse!!

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.     

Soap bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Lavendar sachets for my dresser drawers (ive received some but im addicted lol!!  I even hang them near open windows  Grin)

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Woodworking
I need a shelf for above my bathroom toilet!!  I just moved to a new home and need to decorate my own bathroom (living with 4 boys here I need my girly space lol)  My space from wall to wall is 26" (I can hit each side of the wall while sitting  )  It can be painted, stenciled, decoupaged!!  If painted or stenciled the colors I would like (I have pic of a shower curtain you can base colors on). I just ask that it have a victorian feel (especially if decoupaged please) to it!!  Other then that surprise me!!

I would love a sign for my bathroom door that says "Powder Room" in a very girly style.

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love  a chantilane.  However im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from like antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ 1048...1023..2934.. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003...1107
Simplicity~~ 2851,  2581, 2617
McCalls~~

Any (new or gently used) patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).  Vintage Sewing Patterns!!        36 Bust is perfect.
Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list

Sewing materials/supplies of any form is welcomed!!  Even if I dont need it right now it will eventually get used!!  Fabric of all shapes colors and sizes are welcomed!!  Buttons!! New or vintage!!  Cuts of fabric is also welcomed!!

Im always needing thread for sewing and this always stays on my list. I go through alot of black and white but love new colors too!! New or gently used is fine.  Also serger thread (please no joanns brand) maxi lock or equal quality is fine.

Lengths of trims (eyelet, lace ect...) and any color is welcome !! Also stretch lace elastic would be nice. Patterned Ribbons is also welcomed too (again another one of my standbys lol)!!

Sewing Needles sizes 11/14 Ball Point and Regular.  Name brand quality preferred such as singer or comparative.

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too.

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House collection would be wonderful.  Im also looking for wire cutters.  Hubby is sick of tracking his down  Grin

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well)
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both are by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
**Victorian and Edwardian Fashions Lamode Illustree
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble
**The voice of fashion 79 turn of the century fashion patterns Francis Gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

I have (now 4) baby kittens  Grin that we all absolutely adore!!  Anything for them would be great!!  Cat pillow, toys with cat nip, bags of good cat nip to make him some with, kitty treats

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to recieve something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! (Will send link to a pic if needed)

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009 02:44:19 PM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
Velvet Rose
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009 02:51:47 PM »

I claim frosty772 for supplies. This is my first claim

ABOUT ME

Hi there! My name is Wendy and my favourite crafts are wet felting, needle felting, papercrafts, and altered art. I've also just got interested in upcycling clothing.

I live in Australia but I have only asked for lightweight items - so hopefully I won't stall the swap.  Wink

I would describe my style as "eco chic". I love vintage fabric - and particularly adore vintage florals (pre 1970), cotton velvet and vintage brocade/damask. I also like modern baroque/rococo style prints,and fabrics with silhouettes of leaves or branches/trees like Joel Dewberry's ones. I'm not a fan of stripes, spots, plaids/checks, skulls, country/cutesy, or disney/anime stuff.

I'm passionate about the environment and love organic and eco-friendly products. I don't mind if things are preloved as long as they are in reasonable condition. I love items made from natural materials (e.g. cotton, wool, silk, rayon, linen) and prefer not to receive synthetic fibres, yarns and fabrics (e.g. polyester, acrylic, nylon).

I love berry shades, dark reds, muted pinks & purples, leaf green. I also like neutrals suchbeige, taupe, cream chocolate brown.  No neons or black please, and I'm not too keen on yellow, orange, navy, peach or mint green.

Please see my profile and wists for more info about me.

CRAFTED ITEMS

NEW! HAND DYED
- hand dyed merino roving (any colour except black, grey and neons)
- hand dyed light weight silk - silk scarf lengths, silk ribbon or silk scraps (any colour except black, grey and neons)
- hand dyed cotton or rayon/guipure lace (any colour except black, grey and neons)

SEWN

Sewing machine bag
I would love a bag for my vintage 1978 Bernina (its original bag died long ago). It would be great if it had a zip at the top and handles so I can carry it around places. Some pockets (inside and/or outside) for thread, bobbins etc would also be great. Please PM me for measurements - the machine is currently being serviced but should be back soon.

CROCHETED

NEW! Crocheted lace
- crocheted cotton lace edging so I can embellish clothing - in white, cream, chocolate brown or berry shades

NEW! Crocheted floral scarf
- crocheted cotton or woollen scarf in aubergine or berry shades. I love floral patterns - see my wists for ideas.

Crocheted cotton earrings
I would love some earrings crocheted in fine cotton - in berry shades, chocolate brown, aubergine, or muted pink. (See my colour preferences my wists for examples.) Please use sterling silver earring wires as my ears are allergic to nickel.

KNITTED

NEW! Long Fingerless gloves
- A lot of my winter tops are 3/4 length and my forearms get cold. So I would love a pair of woollen fingerless gloves measuring at least 12" in length in berry shades or aubergine.  

Knitted Woollen Socks
I would love a pair of pure wool hand knitted socks in any of the berry shades or aubergine. I'm not really into stripes but a variegated yarn would be nice. Shoe size is US 9.

PRINTED

Screen/gocco printed cards
See my wists for ideas. I love botanical prints - modern or vintage inspired.

JEWELLERY/JEWELRY

Earrings/rings/brooches made with vintage floral cabs or cameos
See my colour preferences above and my wists for examples. Please use sterling silver earring wires as my ears are allergic to nickel.

Crafted items from my wists

CRAFT SUPPLIES   I am very happy with a supplies only package and vintage/preloved items are fine!

NEW! SEWING SUPPLIES
- vintage buttons in flower shapes
- cotton or rayon/guipure lace edging at least 1" wide and 6" long.
- cotton or rayon/guipure lace motifs
- scraps of silk velvet
- scraps of light weight silk
- scraps of beaded lace
- vintage crocheted cotton doilies
- scraps of silk ribbon
- vintage trims/braid in floral designs
- natural dyes for suitable for plant fibres (cotton, rayon, linen)

Needle felting supplies
- felting needles: 38 gauge star or 40 gauge triangular (I can never have enough of these)
- Clover needle felting tool: for a single or mulitple needles
- Clover needle felting mat
- Romney roving

Wet felting supplies
- silk hankies, or other silk products (dyed or undyed)
- angelina or firestar (except neon yellow)
- organic wool roving (undyed or plant dyed only)
- undyed merino roving from white or coloured sheep (greys, browns, beige etc)
- hand dyed merino roving (no black, grey or neons please)
No other fibres please as I'm trying to destash

Papercraft/Altered Art Supplies
- Anna Griffin rubber stamps - any except the crown and cross (which I already have)
- Basic Grey acrylic stamps - particularly swirls and flourishes
- Vintage style metal charms or embellishments (particularly frames & keys - nothing too cutesy please). They need to have a flat base so I can glue them on paper
- vintage floral cabs and/or cameos
- vintage embossed wallpaper - particularly baroque/regency designs
- translucent white/cream vellum paper (that can go in a laser printer). Lightweight rather than heavyweight.
- blank greeting cards that I can decorate - any colour except neons or black
- power pritt glue stick (or another strong acid free/solvent free glue stick)
- small flat clear glass or plastic pieces with smooth edges. Don't know what to call these - they are thicker than microscope slides
- Oxford Impressions rubber stamps (pre-loved is fine)
- "distressing" ink pads - rectangular ones in any colour (my stamps are too big for the small ones)

Scrapbooking Supplies
- anything from the following ranges by K & Co: Que Sera Sera, Life's Journey, Ancestry, Cut n' Paste, Madeline
- anything rose/baroque/vintage inspired by Anna Griffin
- Basic Grey rub ons in swirls or flourishes
- any of the following Fiskars shape cutter templates: tags, box 1, box 2, letters 4, envelope 1, banners 1, flowers 2
No other types of scrapbooking supplies please as I'm trying to match what I already have

Supplies from my Wists

ALLERGIES ETC
- Some of the members of my household have allergies to perfume and cigarette smoke
- no feathers, fur or leather please
- no candy, sugar, tea or coffee please as I am on a special diet  Sad

Thanks so much to anyone who chooses me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009 11:57:03 PM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Lovely Chocolate-Lace Lollipops
How to Make Easy Minecraft Pig Cupcakes
Strawberry Angel Food and Coffee and Donut Milkshake Recipes
How to Make a Pineapple Coconut Meringue Torte
Old-Fashioned Lemon Sugar Cookie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...