A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chopsticks to Hairpins (CLOSED send 8/26/09)  (Read 4831 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pulling_teeth
« on: August 01, 2009 04:36:05 PM »

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317035.0

Swap name: Chopsticks to Hairpins
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Pulling_Teeth
Sign-up date range: 08/01/09-08/12/09
Date to send item by: 08/26/09

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country?No
If so, which country? N/A

Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: Yes
- Participant lives in the United States: Yes
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes

Details of swap:
   Alright, this is a no points swap! Each person will make TWO sets of hairpins out of chopsticks, you know the ones you get in Asian take out. That's right, we are talking plain old bamboo throw away chopsticks. IF you live some place really rural or outside the USA you can substitute chopsticks with small diameter wooden dowels, but try to stick with chopsticks if possible.  You will be in groups of three, sending to two different people. You may alter the chopsticks however you would like, dangley bits, glitter, hand painted, but keep in mind they need to be usable. Will everyone sport the hairpins they receive? Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should stain the bamboo and opt not to seal it (Some one with blond hair doesn't want to find bright orange streaks running through her hair) or don't cut them super short that they are no good. Just use common sense when crafting.
   You will be expected to post at least twice between the time the swap begins and send out. If you have a camera take pictures of your crafts before you send. It's not your fault if your partner doesn't post pictures (unless they have no camera, but I will make that clear if you are paired with someone without a camera) but it does suck when your partner flakes on this last little bit and you can't show off your goods.
   When you ship you need a DC#s in the USA, and you need to send these numbers to me and your partners. If you are outside the US make sure you get a receipt! Hold on to this until your partners post their items!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
What colors float your boat?
What colors sink it?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Swappers:
kjbaloo
HarleyQuinn
Maid Mirawyn
zigg13pra
Linda P
reavesad (Welcome to your first swap!)
thunderchild
spotnik
pulling_teeth

PARTNERS!
(Okay I am feeling mighty stupid... I am organizing for the first time, and I copied and pasted the "QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER". I realize now it doesn't ask who has a camera. Does anyone NOT have a digital camera, or one they can use? I am sorry guys, kinda dropped the ball on this one)

SENT
RECEIVED
POSTED
SENDING LATE
PM ME ASAP
FEEDBACK LEFT

GROUP 1:
kjbaloo, spotnik, and zigg13pra

kjbaloo => spotnik and zigg13pra
spotnik => kjbaloo and zigg13pra
zigg13pra => spotnik and kjbaloo

GROUP 2:
HarleyQuinn, Thunderchild, and Linda P

HarleyQuinn => Thunderchild and Linda P
Thunderchild => Linda P and HarleyQuinn
Linda P => HarleyQuinn and Thunderchild

GROUP 3:
Maid Mirawyn, pulling_teeth,and reavesad

Maid Mirawyn => pulling_teeth and reavesad
pulling_teeth=> reavesad and Maid Mirawyn
reavesad => Maid Mirawyn and pulling_teeth
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009 10:54:02 PM by pulling_teeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kjbaloo
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009 09:11:09 AM »

this sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting...the legal drug of choice for many
pulling_teeth
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009 03:57:03 PM »

Yeah someone signed up!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HarleyQuinn
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009 11:24:29 PM »

sounds fun =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pulling_teeth
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009 12:05:06 AM »

Welcome to the swap HarleyQuinn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angelicus
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009 07:16:51 AM »

Sounds interesting - do you have to make two pairs and then send a different pair to each person or do you send one chopstick of each design to each person. Sorry if that sounds really dense but I wasn't quite sure of the criteria Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Maid Mirawyn
Gamer-geek and lifelong crafter

Reality is highly overrated...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009 11:12:41 AM »

I just sent my PM. Smiley This is a great idea for a swap!

My hair was very longwaist length to hip lengthfor about five years. I cut it a few years ago, and I've finally found a way to wear hairsticks: when I dance! I've been doing Middle Eastern dance for nearly fifteen years. I started wearing fake ponytails two or three years ago, and now I wear yarn falls, too. I love it because I can wear hairsticks and it makes styling my hair easy! I wish I thought of it sooner.

I haven't added anything to my hairstick collection since cutting my hair, so my swap sticks will be my first new ones in five years!

I'm looking forward to making a few for someone else, too; I had all these ideas that I never got to use before cutting my hair. Now I can use them as inspiration to make something that will suit someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reality is highly overrated...
The requisite craft blog...
pulling_teeth
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009 10:21:33 PM »

Sounds interesting - do you have to make two pairs and then send a different pair to each person or do you send one chopstick of each design to each person. Sorry if that sounds really dense but I wasn't quite sure of the criteria Cheesy

Sorry it too so long. You would make two pairs and send a matching pair to each of your two partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pulling_teeth
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009 10:23:29 PM »

I just sent my PM. Smiley This is a great idea for a swap!

My hair was very longwaist length to hip lengthfor about five years. I cut it a few years ago, and I've finally found a way to wear hairsticks: when I dance! I've been doing Middle Eastern dance for nearly fifteen years. I started wearing fake ponytails two or three years ago, and now I wear yarn falls, too. I love it because I can wear hairsticks and it makes styling my hair easy! I wish I thought of it sooner.

I haven't added anything to my hairstick collection since cutting my hair, so my swap sticks will be my first new ones in five years!

I'm looking forward to making a few for someone else, too; I had all these ideas that I never got to use before cutting my hair. Now I can use them as inspiration to make something that will suit someone else.

I am glad you are excited about it. I am too! Plus it's a really nice, easy, points-less (not pointless) swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zigg13pra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009 10:35:30 PM »

I searched several stores today for chopsticks, but found nothing.  But then my grandma found some unused ones at her house.. Woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Lauren Weisberger on Last Night at Chateau Marmont
The Story Behind Long Way Home
Kathy Reichs on Her Novel Spider Bones
Bethenny Frankel Discusses Her New Book the Skinnygirl Dish
Here Comes Another Lesson Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...