A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eastern Religions Swap (Signups to 8/15/09, send date 10/22/09)  (Read 9854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2009 11:51:09 PM »

ok, so i'm bored, and cant sleep. this is the quietest swap i've ever been in.

just out of curiosity, which aspect of eastern religions did you request to have crafted for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2009 06:54:20 AM »

I didn't pick any particular religion, I just like them all!  I'm actually Wiccan in practice (or at least my strongest beliefs lie there) but I appreciate all the religions for what they are.  I plan on studying religion in college ... some day  Wink .  I've read a lot about Buddhism and I think if everyone could practice that we'd have a very peaceful world.  I just enjoy religious icons of any kind.  I have a book that I love, called "Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Lao Tzu - The Parallel Sayings" where the author has taken sayings from each prophet and lined them up to show that they are all saying pretty much the same thing.  (Although most of the Jesus sayings are from writings that did not actually make it into the Bible - there's an explanation of that in the beginning of the book.)  It's all very intriguing to me.  If you were to look around my room, you would see signs of Wicca, Buddhism and Hinduism ... my daughter says I need to get some Christian images to be fair - she's right, of course  Wink !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2009 08:43:48 AM »

I hate to cheat and copy completely off of phnxreign99 but I am pretty much in the exact same place. We are wiccan at heart for the most part but the whole family studies religions of all kinds and deeply respects all of them and the people who believe. Or should I say believe and actually live what they say they do.
I spent three years as a little girl in Japan so the images of Buddha really draw me in. Although I really love the middle eastern protrails of Buddha as well.

Also agree with morglanc this is the quietest swap I have ever been in, crickets in here more than swappers. Smiley My partner seems to be super busy as well. Guess everyone must be meditating. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2009 10:14:26 PM »

i'm fascinated by a lot of religions too, but i'm mostly drawn to buddhism.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
jMisSister
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2009 05:54:15 AM »

I am shipping tomorrow!!!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2009 09:47:34 AM »

Done !! Smiley I am really nervous, it was HARD to come up with something for my partner for some reason but finally got inspired and went in a direction. I ended up buying a lot of it and then just crafting things to go along with it but hopefully it will all be something that she can USE. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
dreadlocklove
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2009 01:51:31 PM »

I am mostly interested in Buddhism but would like to learn more about Hinduism.

It's crunch time for gift-making on my end.  The past two small projects have been slightly problematic.  Nothing major, mostly sewing machine problems and trying new things that aren't quite working and then trying to find an alternative way of doing it.   Though you couldn't tell by looking at them, they are really simple things, a lot of time has been put into them.  I'm trying to not be too disappointed about it but I really hope the package turns out decent and that I can get as much done as possible.

And now it smells like supper is burning so I must go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009 02:58:03 AM »

I'll finish up today and probably send tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2009 08:11:20 AM »

Just waiting for paint and glue to dry!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phnxreign99

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2009 11:30:50 AM »

I'm done!  Always hate taking it all the way to the deadline, especially when I know my package has to make that long, long trip to Canada (I'm convinced there is some crazy time warp between Arizona and Canada) ... but I'll be mailing on Thursday because of work tonight and tomorrow.  But, maybe now I can breath a sigh of relief since I'm "mostly" satisfied with my package to dreadlocklove.  Not 100%, but mostly ...   Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Flower Part 6/11
How to Crochet a Generic Baby Shoe Sole Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Flower Part 9/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 5/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 10/11
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...