A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cranberry & Aqua Budget/DIY Wedding ideas (Pic obese)  (Read 3984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pippabat
« on: August 01, 2009 03:02:06 AM »

I'm fairly new to crafster, but I came across this board when I got engaged a couple of months ago.  We don't have that much money and I thought it would be nice (and cheaper) to do some crafts for it.

Please tell me what you think of the crafts so far!

I'm making coffee filter flowers for the bridesmaids flowers (taken from a tut on here), partly because it's cheaper and also because I couldn't find any flowers that are the right shade of blue to match our wedding colours.

This is what our wedding invitations are going to look like, I wish I had a Gocco printer, but they're fairly expensive and I can't find any in the UK so just printed this on the computer.

For table decorations we're making origami lilies and having some scattered on the table and others attached to twigs with wire placed in glass vases.  I got the idea from another website, they look really cool!

These are attempts at bridesmaid jewellery, not sure if I'll use these though or make different ones.  The bridesmaid dresses are bright red so not sure whether the jewellery should be in red or blue.

I also have to make:
My garter
Necklaces for my mum and my soon to be MIL
Embroider a handkerchief each for the mums again (my mum will need it as she started crying when she saw me trying on wedding dresses, never mind me actually getting married!)
Think of something I can make for our dads - any ideas?
Pot up strawberry runners to give as favours
Make my own jewellery
Make the table planner, place cards etc.
Make programs
Make thank you cards
Make napkin rings
Finish all of the above crafts in the photos!

I think that's everything I have to do, any ideas on what to make as presents for dads?

Thanks for looking! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pollyanna On Speed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009 04:32:39 AM »

Wow on everything, but I especially love the colour of the flowers. Amazing work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009 07:13:48 AM »

The roses look great.  I like the first set of jewelry the best, but I don't know how it would look against the dresses.  Then again, if you have the blue roses anyways, it may look fine altogether.

What about making cufflinks or tie tacks for the dads if you want it for something they can each wear to the wedding?  If not, what about etched flasks, or steins, something like that?

What about the groomsmen, or is the fiance in charge of that?

Congratulations, looks like you've got things under control.  When is the wedding?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Pippabat
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009 09:35:41 AM »

Wow on everything, but I especially love the colour of the flowers. Amazing work!

Thank you!  I've got another 21 to make, 6 flowers for each bridesmaid (4 bridesmaids), I think I'll wrap them in cream and red ribbon.

The roses look great.  I like the first set of jewelry the best, but I don't know how it would look against the dresses.  Then again, if you have the blue roses anyways, it may look fine altogether.

What about making cufflinks or tie tacks for the dads if you want it for something they can each wear to the wedding?  If not, what about etched flasks, or steins, something like that?

What about the groomsmen, or is the fiance in charge of that?

Congratulations, looks like you've got things under control.  When is the wedding?

Thank you!

I was hoping the blue jewellery will look ok as the flowers are the same colour, I love the blue leaves so may try to put them on chains or something, but would definitely like different jewllery for each bridesmaid.  Will see what else I can come up with and post them here.

Cufflinks are a nice idea, can you buy cuff link bases and then I could personalise the face of it.  Would like to etch glasses but not sure how to do it, would look quite nice though and would be a great present.

The best man is actually a woman, my fiance's sister, he's not having anyone else to help.  So I was thinking of making her a matching necklace and bracelet (she doesn't have her ears pierced).

Weddings next May, I'm just a very organised person!  I had the place for the ceremony booked the day after he proposed!!  I think that scared him slightly!  Oh well! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009 04:24:49 PM »

You can buy etching cream at a craft store, and either buy rub on stencils, or cut one one out contact paper, or make one with fabric paint and etch glass that way.  I am not sure if you can buy cuff link bases, but you can check out big beading/jewelry making sites like Fire Mountain Gems, or check out thrift shops or something to see if you can find cuff links to refurbish.

I did a tutorial on how to etch with a fabric paint stencil if you want to give it a try:

http://onyxnox.blogspot.com/2007/11/come-and-see-my-etchings.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
alinaswedding
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009 09:45:39 PM »

I'm doing coffee filter roses too! It's a huge project though. I have about 30 done and have been working on them ALL SUMMER! Anyway, I'm not sure how many will end up in the bouquets. I think about 6 per bridesmaid and maybe about 20 for mine? How many are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alinaswedding
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009 09:51:18 PM »

Sorry, to add on to the post I just did...

What are you doing about boutonnieres? I've made some half size roses, but I'm still not thinking they'll make very good bouts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pippabat
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009 12:18:36 AM »

You can buy etching cream at a craft store, and either buy rub on stencils, or cut one one out contact paper, or make one with fabric paint and etch glass that way. 
I did a tutorial on how to etch with a fabric paint stencil if you want to give it a try:
http://onyxnox.blogspot.com/2007/11/come-and-see-my-etchings.html

Thanks for the link, etching is a lot easier than I thought!  I might give that a try, could make etched beer mugs for our dads.  Not sure what to etch though, the date of  the wedding and our names would be nice and maybe a picture of a tree?  We're getting married in a little folly beside a waterfall in the woods! Smiley  That's a great tutorial btw, very helpful!

I'm doing coffee filter roses too! How many are you using?

What are you doing about boutonnieres? I've made some half size roses, but I'm still not thinking they'll make very good bouts...

I was thinking about 6 roses per bridesmaid, I think I'll have real flowers though in my bouquet with maybe a few paper ones thrown in as well.  I thought about doing boutonnieres in paper, but not sure quite how it would work!  I've only done 3 roses so far (the rest were trial ones as I wasn't quite sure what I was doing! Smiley  Can you post some photos of your half size roses? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to slide a Cybook into a epaper art frame
How to Freeze Time in After Effects
After Effects - Virtual 3D Photos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...