A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,292
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: There's always money in the banana stand  (Read 9083 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olive_juice
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009 02:30:35 PM »

So why do you need to thin the chocolate?  Does it not stick to the banana?  Or does it not set up well?

Its just way too thick. before thinning, it would have been about 3/4" chocolate on all sides which gets REALLY hard to bite into.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009 02:58:30 PM »

Oh.  OK,  I guess I never thought of that.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 59 done
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009 03:17:14 PM »

Thanks pinokeeo and Olive Juice for the melting tips. I do have a double boiler set. I haven't cooked anything in a very long time. I make meat loafs in regular glass bread loaf pans in the toaster oven. My neighbors gave me their stove with a working oven, so I'm stoked. My burners worked but the stove was an original 1945 hotpoint wide one with side drawer, and that was the year the house was built.

I cannot wait to try to melt chocolate and put over bananas. I was starving when I read this earlier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
olive_juice
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009 08:02:52 PM »

Thanks pinokeeo and Olive Juice for the melting tips. I do have a double boiler set. I haven't cooked anything in a very long time. I make meat loafs in regular glass bread loaf pans in the toaster oven. My neighbors gave me their stove with a working oven, so I'm stoked. My burners worked but the stove was an original 1945 hotpoint wide one with side drawer, and that was the year the house was built.

I cannot wait to try to melt chocolate and put over bananas. I was starving when I read this earlier.

The last time I tried to use my full-sized loaf pan was disastrous. Because the top and bottom were so close to the heating elements they were burned black and smoke was pouring out of the toaster oven after 15 minutes, and the house smelled SO BAD! So now I stick to using my little half sheet muffin cups for meatloaf. Seeing as there's just two of us it actually works out better anyway. We have one functional burner on our cooktop, and i'm using functional pretty loosely. boiling the water in the saucepan in the picture takes 20 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
muffinsgomoo
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009 08:38:11 PM »

These look delicious! I love the AD reference, too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009 01:35:55 AM »

HAHAHAHAAA the title of this alone rocks. i love when maeby comes up with the ingenious idea of throwing a banana and taking a dollar... anywhoooo this looks DIVINE!!! i got a freak batch of bananas last weekend. they're still greenish except they have the spots they get when they're about to go bad [and no they're not plantains or any fancy variation] anywho this will be awesomeeeee right now especially with the warm weather. way better than heating up the house to make banan bread
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TansysMaySigh
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009 10:13:24 PM »

would almond bark be okay to use? i havent worked with it yet but we have some that needs used.
those look amazing. i wish i had some bananas to make these, even tho its 1 am lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
olive_juice
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009 10:51:05 PM »

would almond bark be okay to use? i havent worked with it yet but we have some that needs used.
those look amazing. i wish i had some bananas to make these, even tho its 1 am lol

That'd work fine. I find almond bark tastes a little less chocolatey, but is otherwise an adequate (and cheaper) replacement. I say go for it!

Seriously guys, do it! They're SO good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
Odri
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009 11:50:22 PM »

Wow, what a good idea! I might have to make this for one of my friends who is a big AD fan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwno

May your bobbin always be full!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009 08:27:53 AM »

Oh my.

These would do my diet no good at all as I would HAVE to eat them all in one go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet with Wool Allergies
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 6/7
How to Crochet the 1st Line in Slitted Tree Skirts
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 7/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 2/7
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...