A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chocobo time (PATTERN UP)  (Read 45260 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game , final_fantasy , chocobo , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

derscroot
woop-woop!

Don't dream it, be it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009 10:19:49 AM »

I may have to try making this as Christmas gifts for my fellow Final Fantasy nerd friends. Chocobos are so cute! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommai
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009 09:42:59 AM »

I'm still working on making a chocobo!  I just get a little busy sometimes Cheesy

I had some problems on the beak, specifically on rows 5 and 6.  I couldn't figure out what exactly you meant by 4 sc then sc followed by an Inc 4x, it sounds like you want 5 sc then an increase (sc two in the same spot)?  or do you want 4 then an increase (sc two in the next spot) and so you actually do more than a full row of stitches, or am I just misunderstanding because I've taught myself how to crochet and it's been very much trial and error Smiley  I did this instead for rows 5 and 6 so I would end up with the same stitches in each row that you did

My row 5 - [2 sc, Inc] 4 times (16)
My row 6 - [2 sc, dec] 4 times (12)  Finish off.

Also, my beak point looked wonky, but it looks fine if I turn it inside out, I'm going to give it one more go before I pick my finished beak.

Beak:   4 Sc in ring. (4) Use orange yarn.
   Row2-Sc around. (4)
   Row3-Inc around. (8 )
   Row4-Sc then Inc until you have 12 Sc around. (12)
   Row5- 4 Sc then Sc followed by an Inc 4xs. (16)
   Row6- 4 Sc then Sc followed by a Dec until you have 12 Sc around. (12) Cast off.

Also, in the Largest Wing piece, in the following rows, when you refer to the chain...

Largest Wing piece: This is the base of the wing and is placed under the other two. As you make it, it will begin to curl like a flower petal, this is not a mistake in tension as its curve will make it conform to the shape of the body.
Row1- ch 4, 2 dc in chain. (2) turn, ch2.
Row2-  2 dc in first dc of row. Skip 1 dc, and make 2 dc in chain. (4) turn, ch2.
Row3- 3 dc in 1st dc of row, skip next dc, 2 dc in same dc space, skip dc, 1 dc, slip stitch to chain. (6) turn, ch2.
Row4- 2 dc, skip dc, 1 dc, skip dc, 1 dc, skip dc, 5 dc in last dc space. (9) Cast off. Make 2. The bases of the two wings are now complete. If you do not wish to layer the wings, you can stop here and sew one each to each side of the body.

are you referring to the starting chain in row 1?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phantasmafreud
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009 06:07:54 PM »

Mommai:

For rows 5 and 6 of the beak, you are making 4 sc's followed by a repeating patten of inc or dec's.

Row 5: sc,sc,sc,sc,sc,inc,sc,inc,sc,inc,sc,inc. (16) Thats it broken down by individual stitch. And the next row...
Row 6: sc,sc,sc,sc,sc,dec,sc,dec,sc,dec,sc,dec. (12)

What this should do is create a lip that sticks out along the rim of the beak. That lip goes on the bottom side of the head.

As for the large wing piece: It made sense in my notes, I swear!  Undecided
I made it again, and decided a simpler pattern looked just as good, so I rewrote it a little and hopefully made it easier to understand. Try this....

Largest Wing piece: This is the base of the wing and is placed under the other two. As you make it, it will begin to curl like a flower petal, this is not a mistake in tension as its curve will make it conform to the shape of the body. (NOTE: chain 2's count as dc's on the largest wing piece and will be counted at the end of the row with the other dc's in the row count.)
Row1- ch 4, 2 dc in first loop on chain(by the slipknot). (3) turn, ch2.
Row2-  2 dc in first dc of row. Skip 1 dc, and make 2 dc in chain (which counts as a dc remember?). (5) turn, ch2.
Row3- 5 dc across. (6) turn, ch2.
Row4- 5 dc across, 5 dc in last dc space (the chain from the row below). (11) Cast off. Make 2. The bases of the two wings are now complete. If you do not wish to layer the wings, you can stop here and sew one each to each side of the body.

I'm going to correct it on the pattern in the post as well, thank you for telling me where all the screw up's are! You're a great help, seriously!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefanixia
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009 02:57:44 AM »

So cute ! Thanks for the pattern  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Paleona
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009 09:54:50 AM »

Very cute  Grin  I'll have to pass the pattern onto my sister as I am crochet-inept.  Love his little face <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009 11:50:14 AM »

My husband and both of my sons (moreso my oldest son) love chocobos!  They spent hours in the chocobo races! 
I personally am not a FF fan - I think it's all the blips and goofy music but my oldest son just adored it all.
I will NOT show them this picture!!  They will want me to make chocobos til my fingers fall off!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
pookiemccool
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009 09:57:42 PM »

this turned out super cute, good job! I'll def post pics when I make one, thanks for sharing the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maggielove
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009 01:38:55 AM »

I made this for my boyfriend and he loves it, thank you so much for such an awesome pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
http://maggie-makes-stuff.blogspot.com/
Come and join my bid for world craft domination
spazkitty

Evil is relative.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009 01:11:25 PM »

I maded one! He's so cute! You can't tell from the pic, but he has three different yellows in his feathers...as for the wings...Hrk. Double crochet and I have epic battles which I usually lose... so I just made lots o' the tail feathers from your pattern and sewed 'em together. It works! I call him Mr. Kweh McWarkwark. He sits in my lap while I play Dissidia and I make him dance when my progress chocobo chirps! Awwww....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steampunk Clock Hand Accessories Starting at $5, ntohing over $20: http://www.antickquities.etsy.com
mommai
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009 06:25:51 PM »

So... I just realized that I've been making amigurumis (and everything else in the round) somewhat incorrectly, no wonder I was having trouble x_x  I'll be starting over (yet again!) sometime soon, I just need to get a jump on some other projects before my baby is born in a month.  I WILL finish a chocobo, I've got a personal vendetta now! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Denim Holster
How to Make Family Photo Mouse Pads
How to Make Felt Pumpkin People
How to Make a Halloween Headwaiter Tray
How to Make Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkins
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...