A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Starbucks Frappacino Bottles-What to do besides these Ideas???  (Read 16099 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gerrijo

I heart bunnies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2006 12:35:19 AM »

Okay, I am dense, I have never seen lights in corona bottles, do you just stuff in there as many xmas lights as you can?  Or just do one? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2006 10:28:33 AM »

Okay, I am dense, I have never seen lights in corona bottles, do you just stuff in there as many xmas lights as you can?  Or just do one? 

However you want.  I think my friends dad has those icicle lights w/ 1 icicle in each bottle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
sighbergypsy
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006 02:39:57 PM »

I had a few of these bottles laying around also. I took my dremel and etched a kitchen theme on it (lettuce, carrots and peas i think it was). Once you etch glass you can go over it with markers and wipe off and it will leave a pastel color on the etching. I filled mine with flour so you can see the print. It looks cute on my kitchen shelf. It would be cool to etch like a coffee cup on it and fill with instant coffe, frap or cuppacino mix and give for gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adalia
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007 08:33:14 PM »

I teach Special education for k-3 students. I bought a case of those starbucks frappuccinos in glass bottles. I thought the bottles were a waist of glass and didn't want to waste them. So i have been collecting them trying to think of something I can do with them, Then thought maybe I can do something with my class maybe for mothers day or just another project.
Does anyone have ANY kind of ideas? (besides flower pots and layers of colored sand)

thanks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007 09:43:13 PM by teapotdnky » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bami
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007 12:49:15 AM »

We don't get them here, can you post a pic of what they look like and how big they are etc?

Bami
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007 01:16:42 AM »

You can modpodge tissue paper to the outside and use them as vases for Mother's day.  or make candles out of them - fill with wax and add a wick.  but that might not be classroom friendly.  hmm... there's got to be like a million things you can do with them but I just keep think craft storage. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adalia
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007 11:55:01 AM »

Here is a picture of them...I still have plenty more in the fridge waiting for me to drink them...

I thought of candles as well but its just not classroom friendly...especially for my little guys. We might just end up doing the tissue paper glued to the sides and put  fake flowers in it. Or we may make paper flowers with some pictures of the kids on them.
(we are going to be growing flowers in two weeks so maybe i can figure a way to transplant them in the glass)

I just want to do something different this year. Thanks for those ideas =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007 12:18:14 PM »

How about if the kids put a bunch of trinkets inside (little plastic hearts, letters to spell out MOM, flower beads, etc.) and then fill them with sand. Glue the caps on. Then, have your studens write a "Can you find..." list of all of the items in the jar (ex. a blue M, a red O, a white M, a pink heart, a red heart, a yellow flower, etc.).

If you had some polymer clay, each child (with help for the younger ones) could make a shape that is for their mom's favorite thing. Then you could bake them and they could be added in before it was sealed shut.

Because the jars are not too big, it wouldn't take too many trinkets. You could have the kids make tissue flowers to glue to the lid to cover it up.

Mom and child can work together to find the items in the jar by shaking and rolling the jar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
cinnamon teal
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007 01:50:15 PM »

ooh!  I just thought of another idea for you!  How about snow globes?  You could make them more seasonally appropriate by doing flowers instead of snow - maybe you could use flower shaped beads or some little fake flowers. 

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_glass/article/0,2025,DIY_13758_4420839,00.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adalia
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007 10:26:22 PM »

snow globes would be cute..and the students could do most of the work. We can put pictures of the kids and flowers like you said. i think i might try that and see how hard it is to make. Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas guys..Its helping a lot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dating Advice from Avan Jogia
How to Look Wide-Awake for Your First Day of School
Try a Glossy Eye And Matte Lip Look!
Inside the Beauty Closet: Kool Aid Lipstain
Aubrey Plaza Cosmo Dor Latinas Cover Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...