A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Starbucks Frappacino Bottles-What to do besides these Ideas???  (Read 16849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005 10:06:23 PM »

I've actually been planning on leaving the labels on them and making them into coffee/mocha/vanilla scented candles (depends on what kind you drink) by mixing the scents and wax and just pouring everything directly into the bottle. I don't know if that helps because you mentioned candle holder but since those are more self contained candles I thought I'd bring it up. I figure they'll make neat little gifts for coffee drinkers or the many people who love the smell of coffee but hate the taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimberlyPye
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005 10:12:04 PM »

I've actually been planning on leaving the labels on them and making them into coffee/mocha/vanilla scented candles (depends on what kind you drink) by mixing the scents and wax and just pouring everything directly into the bottle. I don't know if that helps because you mentioned candle holder but since those are more self contained candles I thought I'd bring it up. I figure they'll make neat little gifts for coffee drinkers or the many people who love the smell of coffee but hate the taste.

I LOVE that idea!  And I'm insanely excited about the fact that I actually have Frappuccinos in the fridge!  Usually I fall in love with an idea but I don't have the supplies.  Not this time!  Woo!  Gotta get drinkin'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silencestrikes
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005 10:54:39 AM »

I like the idea of the candles, but once it gets burned down to a certain point, isn't there a chance that the glass may get to hot and explode? I've had that happen with some different candles and it wasn't a fun thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Old Mac Donald had a..."
"Spider!"
"A spider?!? What noise does a spider make?"
*puts hands beside her head and wiggles fingers*
"Okay. Old Mac Donald had a spider, EIEIO..."
angelundrground
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005 08:20:43 PM »

I do like your candle idea quack. It's one I haven't heard yet. How would I get the coffee scent though besides using oils?

Maybe grind coffee grinds and pour them into the wax?
Can I mix liquid coffe with wax to make candles? Don't think I can but has anyone tried it?

Erin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005 08:44:24 AM »

Well, I remember reading that coffee beans would catch fire. Ah, here it is: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/08/candle/

I've looked it up before and I know that coffee scented fragrance oils for candles aren't hard to find.
I wonder if it might be possible to make an essential oil from coffee beans or grounds the same way you would for flowers? Pour olive oil over them and set them in the sun for a few days then strain with a coffee filter. (I'm pretty sure those are the steps but if you try it you'll probably want to search some other posts to make sure before you do.) Assuming you can use essential oils in candles, most of my candles have been unscented so I'm no expert. You can try asking some more experienced fragrance makers on here if it would be possible to make a coffee scent at home.

OR....you could melt some coffee scented candles and pour them into the Starbucks bottle. Heh.

Another idea is that you could make coffee scented soap, for which you can use coffee grounds, and then cut it into small handsoap sized pieces and fill the bottles with that. Edit: I wanted to add that coffee can be drying to skin so they should only be used as hand soaps, not for the face ro anything. But it would be a great for washing your hands after crafting or gardening when they're fairly dirty, or definitely after cooking certain things since it will help remove smells. A recipe for really strong coffee soap is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=20822.0

As for the question about the glass breaking with the candles - I honestly have no idea. I've never had a problem with it happening with any other candles or holders, and I guess if people use them for tea light holders there shouldn't be a problem with just making the whole bottle a candle. Perhaps not let the wax melt as far out to the sides as you would on other candles so it wouldn't get quite so hot?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005 09:01:32 AM by quack » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfightsfire
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005 12:12:37 PM »

maybe you could slice them in half (maybe im the only one with a saw tee hee  Tongue) sand the edges, add a hinge and make little boxes... im not sure if there would be a way to cut the glass... butim sure someone around here could figure it out! Also you could maybe use the caps for pins, and the bottoms for bells... wait was that on ure i wont do it list... w/e good luck tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Devil_Smurf
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005 08:29:26 AM »

I haven't done this yet, but I intend to make a belt buckle out of the Cap to the bottle. groovy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ciao bella
JazzyBee
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005 05:25:16 PM »

i have been collecting the same bottles and am dying to make glasses out of them. do a search on craftster on how to make glasses out of empty botteles and a few posts will sow up!
sounds super easy and oh soo fun!
am definitely doing that sometime soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
craftjunkie
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006 07:10:13 AM »

paint them & put make a bath salts to put in them & give away as gifts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bodacious
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006 12:00:01 PM »

Last night I found this idea.  I love this site, she's so creative. 

http://www.maizehutton.com/maizeprojects.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Wire Wrapped Pendants
How to Sell Handmade Jewelry
Homemade Jewelry Gift Ideas
Getting Started Making Jewelry
Essential Jewelry Making Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...