A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 306,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap - Round 2  (Read 20504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olive_juice
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009 10:21:24 AM »

I've just got to decide if I'm buying some beads from this lady. If i am, I'll join for sure.

Actually, what do you guys think:  It's 48 pounds of vintage glass beads and broken vintage pieces (like mismatched earrings, etc). And some pretty lucite flowers. But she wants $200. Is it worth it? It's 2 and a half big boxes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
nicolatte
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009 10:31:17 AM »

Holy cow, 200$!?! For me, that's alot of money to spend all at once... I love beads and all, and it does sound fun, but if I were you, I'd want to check all the things out first... to see if I even like everything. Is it possible for you to do that!? Does she show EVERYONE that's included in a picture, so you can see it all and what your getting!?? If so and you actually like it, go for it! It's only worth it if you actually like everything included and will use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all of my jewelry : www.ShiningIsFree.etsy.com
perlabella

"It is what it is."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009 10:36:55 AM »

wow, i can totally see why you'd be tempted! i was tempted until i saw the price! i agree with you nicolatte. olive, definitely check to make sure you like everything or at least MOST of it all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

olive_juice
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009 10:40:23 AM »

Thanks guys, that makes a lot of sense. $200 is like... a third of all the money i possess right now so it's a HUGE hit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
WYOKrista

I love sunflowers

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009 02:25:07 PM »

Thanks guys, that makes a lot of sense. $200 is like... a third of all the money i possess right now so it's a HUGE hit.

ok, take this from the cheapskate that I am, but I would offer her $50 and then see what happens, $200 is a lot of money these days
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YES! I would love to be your Creative Memories Consultant! Just ask
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009 02:54:48 PM »

Maybe ask if you can peek through it and buy say, 1/3 of it that you like and can use, and let her sell the rest to someone else. 
Or, if you do take the plunge and buy all of it, you could sell some of the stash off piece by piece on your etsy...  Maybe make up a few mixes or bags, say in half pound or pound increments.     
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bonster4454
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009 11:20:13 PM »

I was thinking about this bead swap today and was curious to know if anyone is trying new jewelry making techniques. I've made 3 strand bracelets for a long time and I'm just now dabbling in found, charm, chain like necklaces, and I really like it. I've never really been into charms but now I'm keeping an eye out for anything I can use.

I spent hours last week organizing beads and putting aside beads I can part with as well. Beads are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
olive_juice
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009 11:33:59 PM »

Maybe ask if you can peek through it and buy say, 1/3 of it that you like and can use, and let her sell the rest to someone else. 
Or, if you do take the plunge and buy all of it, you could sell some of the stash off piece by piece on your etsy...  Maybe make up a few mixes or bags, say in half pound or pound increments.     

reselling some is a good idea. *ponder*  Wonder if i'd make enough out of it to make it worth it.... She's an ebay reseller, so she said she'll just post on ebay if i don't want it. So asking her to take less is out. :./  I may have to join the swap anyway. i just wanna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
peihan17
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009 08:42:30 AM »

What a neat idea Smiley  I was just thinking last night that I needed to start beading again!  I gotta go home and see what I've got before I fill out the questionnaire.

Anyone here use/willing to send seed beads?  That's mostly what I use, though I have all kinds of other ones that I could send.  Obviously you wouldn't have to send me a full cup of seed beads... that would like, double my entire stash.  And be a bajillion beads Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009 09:25:08 AM »

Several people who have joined have already listed that they have seed beads to give.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Image Stabilization?
What Is Intelligent Auto? What Is Scene Mode?
Why is there a delay when I take a Picture?
What is Facial Recognition?
How Much Zoom Do I Need?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...