A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sewing rut.  (Read 1262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dishwasher182
« on: July 29, 2009 04:40:12 PM »

I'm stuck in a sewing rut. my sewing seems to come in spurts... like i start on one thing and then i keep going... but once i stop, its hard to start up again.

anyone have any quick and easy satisfying projects that would get me out of my sewing rut?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009 04:59:01 PM »

I was recently in a rut.  Two things got me out of it, An awsome pattern sale and making a cute vintage apron, which took a few hours and looks so cute, quickly satisfying.  Of course now I'm out of the rut with no money for fabric lol....if it's not one thing it's another /sigh  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009 02:03:31 AM »

I get this all the time.  To kick me back in track I look for some project that is interesting, useful and above all quick, so that I get the satisfaction of the results asap and feel like finishing all those half done projects I have in the cupboard.
My new slippers fit that "vitamin injection" category, and also... (looks around) the lined box in which I keep my daily make-up stuff, the little bag in which I have my sewing essentials, a little cushion I made from an old bag too gorgeous just to throw away, the cushion I'm sitting on, an organiser that hangs from the back of my chair and keeps the mags and patterns I am using at the moment and other stuff...
Think of something you'd really like and find out how to make it and do it.  The results always give me a boost!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
iowntoomanyshoes
Major fabric hoarder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009 06:52:49 PM »

I am in this rut you speak of! My hubby just bought me a Singer 7470 and I am still not inspired. UGH!!!!!!! I guess with a 13 month old running around, I feel like I have to rush things and rushed projects stink.

Hopefully we can get out of this rut and into stitches soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew like you have never sewn before!!!!!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009 05:52:10 AM »

I've sort of gotten off track lately, not working on the things I should. But, I did accomplish something yesterday, I made Mom a set of new placemats. They turned out great! Now, maybe her sheer drapes will be next? Just how long AM I going to let that fabric sit around???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafts4others
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009 08:45:17 PM »

what about making something simple like a coaster? this is one I have made for my young niece for christmas (I am new at sewing so don't mind the mistakes), although it doesn't look like it does have batting in it

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009 07:14:48 AM »

That's a cute coaster. 

I was in wally-world the other day and they have Christmas fabrics out again, 2 new fabric books.  I cann't wait to get some of the panels and make more napkins and placemats for my kids again this year. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iowntoomanyshoes
Major fabric hoarder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009 07:24:05 PM »

I finally finished another baby play quilt this weekend  Grin Goodbye sewing rut!!!! Did I mention I am an anti-binder when it comes to quilting...Blanket stitch to the rescue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew like you have never sewn before!!!!!
Alexus1325
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009 10:06:24 PM »

I was recently in a sewing rut! I would look at my machine, the materials folded up on top of my storage box, and just go UGH!

Then I crocheted and embroidered for 3 weeks.

I just replaced a jeans zipper for my sorta-father-in-law this evening. I felt the mojo rising, so I started cutting out a new shirt Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dishwasher182
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009 11:19:56 AM »

i'm still in it Sad

i agree alexus--i just look at all my stuff and it feels like i'm so overwhelmed... and its almost like i want a real easy simple project that doesn't take much measuring or time so i feel like i accomplished something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Duffman - 21st Drawing
How to Draw Otto Mann - 29th Drawing
How to Draw Disco Stu - 43rd Drawing
How to Draw a Multi-Eyed Squirrel - 53rd Drawing
How to Draw Lisa Simpson - 14th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...