A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A new studio  (Read 2059 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamerbabe
« on: July 31, 2009 07:59:18 AM »

I lurk on craftster a lot but I have a new studio area (moved houses) and it's so pretty that I was dying to share!

First, it's in a house that was built in 1929 and have lovely plaster walls, hardwood floors, and wood trim I need to strip still due to gobs of paint on it.

This photo is part of my business area. The singing flowers are based on Alice in wonderland and the cabinet hold pinback button parts.

A close up of how my button parts are organized.

This is where I craft and work on the computer. All my crafting supplies are on the shelves above me and then the finished products are put in my closet next to me if need be. I use a lot of vintage travel cases to hold my supplies and found I can write on them with a dry erase board marker

These doors lead to my bedroom. They were originally clear glass and that was bad considering I have kids and a roommate that would come in to the studio. The house is old and my doors don't lock so I put scrapbook paper over the window for now. The red thing above the door is a kissing ball I made

My favorite thing in the room. I love this weird vintage vase! Test tubes and wire? Perfect!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009 10:21:23 AM »

what a perfect scheme!
personally I think it has a definite 1920s feel it might be the red and brown with the flowers you chose
eventually instead of the scrapbook paper maybe you can try some of that window paper to make faux stained or frosted glass not that the paper looks bad or anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
rockstarcrafter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009 10:24:53 AM »

A) Fab space!!
B) I want more of your singing flowers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CRAFT n.
Skill in doing or making something, as in the arts; proficiency.
snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009 11:12:48 AM »

I love your doors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
MandaRenee
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009 11:21:43 AM »

I love your space, and the singing flowers.  I love that movie/book.  My dd's middle name is Alice due to that movie and a long story. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a swap!

http://rusticremnants.blogspot.com/
WizardGlick
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009 10:44:36 PM »

Sooo pretty! I painted one wall in my place the same shade of dark brown. I had since regretted it until I saw your color combination. Thanks for the inspiration. Love your style. Where did you find that beautiful buffet-type table?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamerbabe
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009 02:12:41 PM »

Thanks for the room love Smiley

The buffet table is actually something I bought while living in Japan. I've never seen anything like it since but it's perfect for holding massive quantities of supplies.

I love the idea of the frosted paper stuff. I had thought about doing like mercury mirror paint too. It could turn out really well... or really really bad lol. I'm willing to try though.

I didn't paint the room the chocolate brown color but I was way way too lazy to repaint it when I moved in. The other rooms were seriously fug and I've already repainted too much. I wanted a break so we left it the brown color. I'm glad I did though because it's totally grown on me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smoothing Services - Safe and Effective Alternative to Relaxers
Bombshell Hair-Styling Tips
Great Hair Rollers For Bouncy Waves
Flatironing Tips For Your Hair
How to Touch Up Your Blowout
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...