A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,524
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Dollies ~  (Read 1452 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

randomheartsx
« on: July 28, 2009 04:17:44 PM »

My cousin got married on Sunday and I couldn't afford to get them a gift, so, as usual when in these situations, I whipped out my crochet hook and made them their present: a little bride and groom doll that are supposed to look like them! These are my first human amigurumis.

The bride went barefoot, hense the lack of shoes. My mom helped me cut out clothes to sew them. I didn't add faces because I couldn't figure out a style of eyes that didn't make them look like aliens at the time. Also, I forgot to take a close-up of the rings, but I added gold thread on thier left hands so they could be officially married.

I bought the small boquet of flowers at Micheals and used the left over tulle and ribbon to make it pretty and decorative. Also, I added pearl beading on the top of the bodice for prettyness:

I came up with the idea for a corset backing, but my mom sewed it on because I was busy sewing the groom's vest together.

The finishing touch, the garter:

I gave it to them early, so that they could be used as a cute decoration (My grandma, who's in the picture, made the yummy/gorgeous cake. She was arranging the tulle around it when the picture was taken. She's gunna kill me for posting this picture. :p):

And here's a shot of the real couple, right after they were declaired Mr. and Mrs.:

Comments or contructive crit please. Thanks so much for looking. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaundryBunny
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009 04:37:50 PM »

I love how you styled the bride's hair.
Such a great gift, and they don't look like your first humans at all.  They look cute with blank faces, and I love the little rings.
Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ConnieStieler
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009 07:39:14 PM »

Really cute!  I love the groom's hair, and all the details that went into the dress.  Great job as usual!  You 're very talented, I'm sure they loved themselves in a crocheted version!  Did you use any reference for the body of the dolls?  I am looking for a doll base pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randomheartsx
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009 09:08:20 PM »

I love how you styled the bride's hair.
Such a great gift, and they don't look like your first humans at all.  They look cute with blank faces, and I love the little rings.
Great job!!

Thank you! The bride's hair was so hard to style because she had so much of it! Next time I know to use a thinner yarn. My mom acutally styled the real bride's hair too. Smiley I'm glad you like their faces! I was a little worried about that but i'm reassured now that everyone seems to enjoy it.

Really cute!  I love the groom's hair, and all the details that went into the dress.  Great job as usual!  You 're very talented, I'm sure they loved themselves in a crocheted version!  Did you use any reference for the body of the dolls?  I am looking for a doll base pattern.

Oh, thank you! They did love it. My cousin, the bride, kept on grabbing them off the table to show them off to the guests. It was so sweet. I got my inspiration from Gormet Amigurumi. It turned out a lot different that I origionally planned, but I think that's good because it gives mine a little more unique. Here's the blogpost I was origionally inspired by: http://www.gourmetamigurumi.com/?p=40
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boleynqueen
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009 06:50:12 AM »

That is an adorable and thoughtful gift! They turned out beautifully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009 11:19:28 AM »

these are not only cute and adorable but so thoughtful. I bet your friends loved them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randomheartsx
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010 08:51:47 PM »

That is an adorable and thoughtful gift! They turned out beautifully!

Thanks so much. Cheesy

these are not only cute and adorable but so thoughtful. I bet your friends loved them!

Thank you. They did end up liking them a lot more than I anticipated, which I was greatful for. The only problem with this gift is that everyone liked them so much that the rest of my cousins are demanding one for when they get married. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Beauty Trend Alert: Monistat 7 For Your Hair!
An Easy Hairstyle for Going Out After Work
How Rita Hazan Preps for Celebrity House Calls
How to Make Coconut Milk Shampoo
The One Product You Need For Gorgeous 2nd Day Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...