A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 44 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-A-Friend Swap Round 1 Gallery  (Read 10671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wendellina

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009 12:56:09 PM »

Yowza, yowza, yowza!!!!!

Check out the kick arse package from lmcbride.

All kinds of goods and then some!

The whole shebang!  (pardon the lil rugrats hands, he wanted to attack everything.  Lmcbride also sent a little cow and turtle but both of those were added to his collection!)  Homespun yarn by lmcbride, I love it!  It is gorgeous! The little baggie below is filled with all shapes of wooden pieces, paper doilies and a stack o cash, too bad it is not real...but fun!

The beautiful fabric and handmade papers

A snipit of the box o whimsies

The kick ass paper goods, beautiful tags and huge stack of paper for scrapping.  I am also going to use this paper in other deviant ways..and some ity bity envelopes

Two magazines that are extremely inspirational, a neato Dali photo album, colorflame candles for my birthday (it was in March Smiley )  MAPLE CANDIES!!! OMG do I love these.  They are by far the best I have ever had.  Noah, my son also likes them and wanted more...he will have to wait...so will hubby.... Smiley

You spoiled me! Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you soooo much!  I cannot wait for package #2!  I am still debating on what to make...hmmmmm Wink Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wendellina

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009 12:58:41 PM »

Nice packages......that's what she said... Grin Grin Grin

Lol! Love that show! Cheesy

Too bad Cleveland is so far from Cinci. I have a feeling the three of us would have a good time Cheesy

Hey, if you ever come up, let us know.  We can take you around town. We can see Lake Erie in all of it's glory, um, ah,  Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ( I have never been there.. Roll Eyes) and maybe a trip to the local craft store...did I mention Lake Erie?  Wink Cheesy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009 09:18:48 PM »

Great package!

And I forgot to mention earlier, when you join this swap you are REQUIRED to send the organizer Maple Sugar Candy.   Wink  I had to run to Wendellina's to sample it, just to make sure it was ok. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009 10:39:02 PM »

Got my package from pixieval today. OMG that thing was filled to the brim with goodies.
Check it out:

She sent tons of books for my little Willow, A teddy bear making kit, Willow wants to learn to sew. Sadly she gets easily frustrated and gives up. we've already started the bear twice now.
Two books for me on quilting and one on embroidary. A small cross stitch kit, some fabric and a bunch of lace and ribbon.

This is the awsome banner she made for Willow with her name on it. I had a devil of a time trying to find a place to hang this to take it's picture. Willow loves it and we're trying to think of the perfect place to put it.

This is the TON of fabric scraps and backing she sent me so I can learn to crazy quilt. my favorite is this greeny batik. I couldn't get a good close up pic of it.

Also not pictured is the item from her home town.Her husband is in the armed forces. (I forget which one at the moment) She sent me a "Challenge coin"  from the Minot, North Dakota base. Along with a neat artical about the possible origins of the tradition.

Willow and I are so happy with our goodies we can't wait to see what comes next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonke ys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
crafty gurll
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009 10:52:20 PM »

What a great package!  That wall-hanging is spectacular and all that fabric, wow! Shocked   Cheesy   Wink 

You ladies are definitely an awesome bunch, every package thus far has been AMAZING!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wendellina

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009 06:56:44 AM »

Box o goodness!  LOVE the Willow banner and I love her name!

Talk about a great stash of fabric for a crazy quilt...you will have to post when you ar done! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009 08:08:25 AM »

Yay! So glad you liked the package! I had some embroidery floss set aside to send as well for embroidering the quilt, I'll have to put it in the next package! And the bear kit had an age of 8+ on it, so that may explain the frustration part, sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009 12:16:22 PM »

were doing much better with the bear today. Were about halfway done sewing it. Frequent breaks seem to help. I don't think it's beyond her level. She's just used to me doing all the sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009 02:18:11 PM »

I'm glad to hear its going better today. My mom has just tought me how to sew a few weeks ago, and I still get frustrated cause I'm used to her doing the sewing, while I'm saying, "and I want it to look like this, and bend like this!"  It's so cool that she's into sewing and such, my mom could never get me to sit still for anything like that until... Well, until now! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilgothkatt
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009 09:18:17 PM »

my mom sewed for my sister but I got tired of waiting for her to make stuff for me so I taught myself how to sew. My grandma helped me get started but I'm pretty much self taught. Look at me now! I get paid to sew, yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
How to Use Voile in Sewing Projects
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...