A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sea Life Swap (SLS) Round 1 Signups CLOSED Sendout 9/30/09  (Read 19953 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2009 06:40:48 PM »

Scary sharks!  Swim away!  Swim away!   Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJU8FVE6u9c
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2009 07:33:41 PM »

Scary sharks!  Swim away!  Swim away!   Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJU8FVE6u9c
Awww!  They're so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2009 09:57:08 AM »

I saw this show on Animal Planet at the end of it before Animals Cops started a couple nights ago...an 11ft alligator got a hold of this guy and RIPPED his arm off...he has a sewn up stump now and is getting fitted for a prosthetic  Embarrassed  Freaked me out, living in FL and all, as an 11ft gator could randomly show up around here at any time!!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Well, maybe not where I live as I am landlocked for a few blocks in all directions...but, ya never know...

I feel SOOOO behind on my own swap here!  LOL!  I have a couple mediums and a large that I want to complete for this and have been running short on time FAR too much.  I am hoping to hammer out a crafty day tomorrow with onegroovyday at her place, if I'm lucky I will finish the large that I already cut pieces out for and will start (and hope to FINISH) at least one medium, maybe both of them....depends on how involved I decide to go with one on whether I will finish it in the same day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: September 19, 2009 05:25:35 PM »

Freaked me out, living in FL and all, as an 11ft gator could randomly show up around here at any time!!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

I know! I live in FL as well, and one day me and my sister saw a little baby alligator swimming around in the pond near the front of our neighborhood. It is sort of scary because I'm sure where there is a baby, there is a big protective mother somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #314 on: September 19, 2009 06:29:42 PM »

Eek!  I would be looking over my shoulder from then on after seeing something like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2009 05:20:09 AM »

hee hee yall are silly, I grew up in the back woods of Florida and we were around gators all the time. They RARELY mess with you. The folks that are getting ate up are either
A. Stupid Smiley Nothing makes me happier than to see some dumb ass who sticks his hand in a gator's mouth lose a digit or two
B. In the wrong place at the wrong time and their number was up. I think that the reason for all the attacks a few years back is because we are encroaching on their turf too much or folks are letting baby gators lose somewhere that they should not be.
Seriously I grew up swimming in ponds that for sure had them in there and fishing for sure in boats with them right there with us. You just have to be smart. As long as they are full they don't want to mess with people. Always have a dog with you, they like dogs better than people. hee hee
Just kidding, I am sure this post just pissed off half the folks in this swap. I am kidding really, mostly, about the sacrificing the dog thing for sure. Smiley
However IF they do decide to eat you in the wild you are pretty much done for, they can out swim you and out run you for a short distance.
Those of you who live in Florida and swim in a lake that you "know" is safe, go back to said lake at night and shine a flash light across the water. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
ysmeine
« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2009 02:18:32 PM »

I lived in Florida for just a few years. I used to have bad dreams of alligators all the time. I think that is Florida transplant thing. As far as swimming in lakes, that was not my thing, we went to the Gulf instead. We did find a baby alliator trapped in the shed once. We tossed it in the rapine behind the house. We used to have reat blue herrons come begging for food on a regular basis.

In Texas, there was an alligator in the lake at the boy scout camp. As far as I know they never had a problem. It was a little disconcerting sleeping in a tent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #317 on: September 21, 2009 02:50:23 PM »

I spent my childhood on the Gulf Coast of Florida and then just an hour inland.  I grew up with alligators.  Then, I also lived in Charleston, SC.

Gators are normal to me.  You just have to not be an idiot about them.  Heck, in my hometown, they have to remove gators from the water traps on the golf courses.  I have been delayed on my morning commute waiting for a gator to get removed for interstate.  I have bicycled over a bridge over a creek looking down at multiple gators sunning themselves just maybe 10 feet away.  No biggie.  You just can't be stupid.  If a gator gets you, chances are you just didn't take basic common sense precautions.  *shrugs*

Anyway,  FREE LOOT!!!  (US only)  Hey, our tax dollars pay for this, so let's reap some benefit!  Free estuary/ocean posters!  I'm requesting some to go with my son's Christmas.  The clean oceans one is really pretty!

http://www.epa.gov/owow/estuaries/kids/site/poster.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2009 09:11:49 PM »

Thanks Aikibookworm! Oceana would love to have those posters. Wink

Forgot to mention that I also sent. Whew! Can't wait till you receive your package dustbunnyofdoom. I'm so excited! Yay! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009 08:06:52 AM by frogangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2009 09:05:11 AM »

I recieved the coolest package from ysmeine yesterday! I can't wait to show it off!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog- Updated 8/7/13

Pintrest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pottery: How to Make a Double-Walled Vessel
Pottery: How to Make a Bottle Form
Different Shapes of Pottery Products
How to Make a Goblet
Simple Sewing Basics
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...