A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DOS in melt and pour soap base? And, what to do about unhelpful suppliers?  (Read 451 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2009 01:02:12 PM »

So I placed a large order through Wholesale Supplies Plus recently . . . I got my order yesterday.  Everything else looked fine, but when I went to use some of the 24-lb block of natural shea soap base, I saw, much to my displeasure, some orangish-brownish spots on two sides of the block.  I figured this was the Dreaded Orange Spots, so I called their customer care.  The lady there kinda hemmed and hawed, and tried to tell me that "soap bases DON'T go bad," to which I told her ANYTHING can go bad, given the right circumstances . . . she finally offered me a $10 credit, which I reluctantly accepted.  My questions are, One, should I have been "more pushy" and asked for a credit of the full price of that item, and Two, if I cut off the nasty orange spots, is the rest of the shea soap still usable, like she claimed, or not?  Should I call back their customer care, and tell them I want a full refund of this item?  I just really don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.c om
Ambri

Insert maniacal laughter here

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009 12:21:38 PM »

Hmm . . . I'm personally not sure whether MP soap can get DOS.  I've had good results in the past from WSP (wholesale supplies plus) but I don't think I've actually had to call or email their CS people.  If they won't give you a credit, maybe you can just cut out the orange spots?  I think this is primarily a cosmetic problem or issue, and won't actually "hurt" you if you use soap that has DOS.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap is a 4-letter word.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Valerie Fitzgerald Talks About Heart and Sold
Mireille Guiliano Discusses Women, Work and the Art of Savoir Faire
Matchmakers Steve and JoAnn Ward Discuss Crash Course In Love
Ted Fishman Guides Us Towards a Shock of Gray
Novelist Sandra Brown Introduces Her New Novel Rainwater
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...