A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Costume-A-Long? (2009)  (Read 25275 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , halloween , costume , dress_up  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

N30Nb100d
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2009 04:27:55 PM »

That wig is pretty awesome! I can definitely see it being useful for a number of costumes (or as a crazy winter hat... there's an idea...). Sorry if I missed this, but what were you making it for? Was it for a specific costume?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feywalker
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2009 08:56:45 AM »

Goldfish - That wig is awesome!  Anyone who goes to Anime festivals needs to take note, that would be perfect for a drawn character costume.  Hmm.... have some pink fleece, wondering if I could make one just for fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
kstaron
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2009 05:51:46 PM »

awesome wig!

Here's a pic of the little sprouts costume:

and my witchy pill box hat:

I broke down and went store bought for the boots. found a pair on amazon which was under $40 and with my gift card $0.  They are calf high lace up boots with a victorian look to them.  I also just PM'd Glamboots and am getting her tutorial on bootmaking which I'm looking forward to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2009 07:26:22 PM »

Thanks for the comments!  I'm just glad that it worked Cheesy

That wig is pretty awesome! I can definitely see it being useful for a number of costumes (or as a crazy winter hat... there's an idea...). Sorry if I missed this, but what were you making it for? Was it for a specific costume?

My little goose just wanted a green wig for crazy hair night and because I'm working on an anime halloween costume for myself.  He isn't sure what he wants to be yet, since he keeps picking costumes you can't play in.  We are going to a party with kids, so playing will happen.

Goldfish - That wig is awesome!  Anyone who goes to Anime festivals needs to take note, that would be perfect for a drawn character costume.  Hmm.... have some pink fleece, wondering if I could make one just for fun.

Go for it!  Just be ready for some hand stitching.  Felt also works if it doesn't need to be washable and has the added benefit of being stiff enough to stand upright, unlike fleece. Wink  Be sure that your wig cap is bigger than you need, the sewing tends to tighten it a bit.  And post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
pilarfarmer
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2009 07:52:45 PM »

i made a cheshire cat costume for my husband and used purple sweatspants and a purple hoodie. i was going to paint the stripes but i found some pink duct tape at JoAnn's fabric store and use it for the stripes it made it very easy. for the nose i painted a clown nose pink. i also painted some plastic screen with the smile and sewed it to the hood so he didn't have to hold it and he could breathe through it. it was loose enough for him to move it to drink. i made the tail from some fabric that matched the sweats.
for my costume i made myself the catapillar that smokes the hookah. i made a long sleeved loose dress out of blue fabric and a hood that looked like a pompador and attached a bunch of little feet to the front and also added extra 4 extra arms stuffed w/gloves as hands i sewed them to the sides of the dress under my sleeves and attached them to my wrists w/fishline so they moved when ever i moved my arms. i also had a hookah i carried around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2009 10:58:38 AM »

Pilarfarmer, that catarpillar costume sounds really cute!

I found black roses finally and I'm trying to decide how to attach them to my hair.... I've been doing some experimenting with hairstyles. I'm thinking of wiring up two different pieces and attaching them to combs or clips or...something. I've definitely decided to do the flamenco style dress and I want to make it emerald green but I haven't found the right fabric yet. I may end up going black just because of availability of fabric. Wink

Awww... cute witch costumes!
That leafy wig is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
sammysam

~*Cutie Patootie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2009 11:28:55 AM »

everybody's ideas are so awesome! i think i'm going to jump in  Wink

i have decided to go as a punk rock ballerina Cheesy..i told my friends..and they said such a thing doesn't exist..but i responded and said not yet it doesn't  Grin

i'm working on my tutu now..it's black purple and yellow..i'm almost done with it..buuut i ran out of black tulle

here it is on the back of my chair
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/xxstargazer

!Current Swaps!
October 2009 Birthday Swap
Celebrating Twilight
Feywalker
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2009 12:29:26 PM »

KStaron - Sprout looks so adorable in her costume - and so grown up.  You did a great job.  I love your hat, that fabric was perfect for it.

I can't find half of my supplies so I still haven't gotten started.  Grrrr messy house.

Love the tutu - it's Halloween, the one night you can be whatever you want so there is such a thing as a punkrock ballerina.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
graverobbergirl
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2009 12:58:38 PM »

goldfishpollywog-The wig is adorable!

And so are those witches, kstaron!

pilarfarmer-Those costumes sound great...can we see?

dragonflywer-I forget the hair is such a big part of the costume... Your do sounds like it's going to kick butt!

sammysam-wow...that photo is mesmerizing, as I imagine your skirt is even moreso in real life!

I have yet to make the first cut into the fabric for my costume. Still have time to do it today, as I had intended, but I think I am procrastinating for some reason... That or I could always use the excuse of a bazillion other projects, I suppose. I should get my butt moving, though, since I have a costume order to fill (yay! I feel like a real seamstress!) and also my aunt mentioned that my cousin wants/needs help to make overalls for her and her friend: Mario and Luigi, respectively.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2009 04:13:22 PM »

progress

pardon the fact i look fat i had to bend funny to take a good picture while showing costume but not my face!

and a tutu (light pink) will be on top with sme ribbon tied around my waist as stripes

reason for no full costume (not face-up) picture is that right when i needed it the ribbon dissapeared in my bed.. i found it at 3 am will i went to drink some water...
so... just my luck turns out that this year, where i am for girls my age its pixies. basically anything as long as you have a tutu and wings. there are neon pixies, evil pixies, cheerleader pixies, bat pixies and this one girl is a zombie spider pixie..

oh well! i love my costume
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Backup Paracord Bracelet
How to Tie a Military Bugle Braid
How to Make Earrings - Advanced Earrings
How to Make Earrings - Basic Earrings
How to Make Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...